• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,714 Thanks
  • 864 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 04:45 PM

hi guys, just bought a second toro wheel horse 269h. yes i know its not a real horse but i already have one with a 44" deck and power bagger, and i had a brand new 52" deck to put on it since the deck it came with had seen better days,machine has 450 hrs on it, gave him $350 for it,the dealer told the owner  the motor had a knock it  and a starter problem, turns out both problems were because the motor hold down bolts were loose and it was shaking on the frame and not getting ground. runs great now and cuts like a dream with the new deck (but nothing cuts like my toro proline 52" its really amazing) but i have a starting problem from cold, motor cranks over well but does not fire, pull the breather off and a squirt or gas and away it goes,, you can turn it off and on but if you leave it for a few hours you have to give it a squirt of fuel, i have already cleaned the carb but it wont be the first time i have found junk in the carb after cleaning, last time it was rubber breaking down in the fuel line,  ps the motor is a 19 hp kohler, and i keep my real horses for working not cutting the grass c120, c 160, 414-8, 416-8, i am thinking the fuel is running back to the tank and i am losing prime in the pump, i may try a fuel on/off switch but i will probably forget to open it up or turn it off and do a lot of cursing (mostly because of my stupidity) any thoughts? thanks all

#2 Arti OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11282
  • 1,266 Thanks
  • 956 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 07:39 PM

As a guess I would say that you have a leak between the pump and tank. I would replace the gas line before anything else.

This line would not have any pressure on it and when you shut the motor off it would allow the gas to drain back to the tank.

• Alc and farmer john have said thanks