• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fedora OFFLINE  

• Member No: 35630
  • 48 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hello all,

A while ago, I asked about the E3 spark plugs, and just tried them in my string trimmer and push mower. 

In the trimmer(poulan pro 125)(replacing a champion RCJ6Y plug), it started in 2 pulls vs. 10, I didn't notice any power gains, but it does idle a little higher and it doesn't bog down under throttle for the first minute anymore.

In the push mower(cub cadet 6.5 hp)(replacing a torch plug), it starts quicker(electric start) and has a noticeable power gain.

I won't be checking for any reduction in fuel usage, I have no base to go from, and I burn less than a gallon or 2 in each per year. The starting, idleing and power gain could  be from being new plugs, but I'll keep an eye on them and report back if I find anything else.

• hamman, New.Canadian.DB.Owner and LilysDad have said thanks

• Member No: 10038
  • 4,676 Thanks
  • 4,224 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 02:19 PM

A fellow in my Gold Wing motorcycle club stated he has installed these plugs (E3's) in his M/C and can tell a increase in performance.

#3 baerpath OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 02:30 PM

Just be MAKE SURE to fill out the warrenty card and send it in.  We used them once in a 9,5 Saab with bad results

#4 Canawler OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,880 Thanks
  • 1,744 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 07:47 AM

The starting, idleing and power gain could  be from being new plugs

That would be the real test, see if the benefits are still there with a regular new plug.

#5 LilysDad OFFLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,242 Thanks
  • 7,473 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 11:16 AM

It's possible with the multi point design that it is less likely to gas foul on start up.