39 replies to this topic

#16 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 01:45 PM

Btw, mine only has 315,000 on it... But I guess I do use it a little harder than it was really designed for.

Here's a couple pics of the trouble maker and the loads I force it to pull...

Amphicar load 1.jpg

atm building.jpg

Trailer Load 2.jpg

• Amigatec and oldedeeres have said thanks

#17 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 01:55 PM

What year is that Ford, 97 or earlier?

#18 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 02:08 PM

#19 Lmiller3358 ONLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,332 Thanks
  • 1,317 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hope everything works out and gets better for you, sounds like an incredibly rough week ! And those belt issues can be pesky ....

#20 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,445 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 03:49 PM

Ok  here's what I would do if I where you ,,, go buy a lottery ticket because your luck HAS to change and you might as well be a millionaire ,,  you'll get all you problems   fix but just in case good luck  with the lottery

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and Walkinman1 have said thanks

#21 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 04:34 PM

As Mentioned we all have days and weeks like that.  I'm currently working on a Chinese ATV and it is like that.  One thing after another keeps breaking.  So feel free to bend our ears as much as you need.

Once I ran into something similar with a deck belt.  Replaced it with what the manual and hood sticker called for and it was too big.  After messing with it for a few days decided to see if another brand belt would work.  It did.  I don't know if that could be your problem but I thought I would just through it out for thought.

In any case I wish you the best of luck and hope you get your problem(s) resolved.

• Walkinman1 said thank you

#22 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,301 Thanks
  • 4,656 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 08:32 PM

Glad you got the beast breathing again WM..  That's some nice history you are hauling on that trailer  there!!  Drop 'em @ my shop anytime!!

If I may add something without getting my head shot off-  Just a word for us all to consider when things just don't seem to ever go our way..  

PERSPECTIVE

I (as well as many others here I'm sure) have had the opportunity to have my eyes opened up and shown life's biggest lesson when thinking the thought...  What Else could go wrong??!!! :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:

When things seem at their worst and hope & sanity are failing, try to imagine how a person with terminal cancer and hours to live is feeling..  Are the problems you are experiencing really that bad??  This is one of the lessons my Dad kept trying to hammer into my thick skull when times were bad and it finally, it sunk in..

So venting here amongst your E-brothern has given you release and it is great you got it aired out & going again..  I've blown up and made a worse mess of things many times in the past but now I realize it just isn't worth getting all worked up over..  **Sure I'll mutter and sputter a bit but a little sanity break and things just seem to get better & you are better prepared to tackle the problem..

It looks like you have been blessed with a nice rig there and driving it about hauling things is a great thing to do..  I can't do that thanks to big Brother and it kills me to have to give that up..  But I have to accept things I cannot change..  (kinda sounds like the Serenity Prayer huh?)  

Bad times do not last..  Strong people do..  So if you are ever in my neck of the woods I'll ride my bike (or tractor!) to the coffee shop to see ya sometime!!! :thumbs:

• Team_Green, oldedeeres and Walkinman1 have said thanks

#23 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted June 08, 2013 - 12:05 AM

I hope your repairs went well tonight.. 

PERSPECTIVE

Boy howdy have you said a mouth full with one word...

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#24 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted June 08, 2013 - 03:05 PM

WNYTractorTinkerer, thank you very much for your words of wisdom.  Perspective is something I try hard to keep however it's difficult to find sometimes and very easy to lose.  We humans get so wrapped in our own problems and struggles that they consume us even if the big picture isn't bleak at all so thank you for the reminder.  I need to practice what I preach :D  I very rarely run East (tolls, traffic, mountains, etc. are all things I'm not fond of when I have other options) but if I ever am headed out that way I'll be sure to look you up!

Just a quick update:  Got the belt issue straightened out and I feel like an idiot (let the mockery commence, I deserve it lol).  I had the routing wrong (as others had suggested)  :wallbanging:  My truck is missing the little sticker that shows how the belt runs and even after 3 of us were comparing trucks we somehow all missed it the other night.  It's a very subtle difference but once looking it over in daylight side by side with another 7.3 I eventually caught it.  Good thing I didn't run it long as it was spinning the fan/water pump backwards.  As my Ford mechanic friend was mocking me I told him I was just trying to keep bugs out of my radiator...

The starter went in and works like a dream, truck turns over faster and lights off quicker than it ever has in the 3 years I've owned it!

That fuel leak is still being pesky though.  Got the O-ring replaced on the galley plug in short order and it made no difference whatsoever, the leak didn't speed up or slow down so I'm suspecting that was never the problem.  I simply can't track it down no matter how hard I try so I just picked up some UV dye to put in the fuel and see if that helps at all (I sure hope so, I'm almost out of ideas).

I didn't work on it too late last night, I got sidetracked helping my gf's Dad install his new 505 C.I. crate motor in his '72 Challenger  :rocker2:   That was a nice "break" and change of pace.  Working on things is relaxing for me unless I'm under the gun to get it done in a certain time frame so I love nice projects where I can pace myself.  Gonna head back over there now and help him finish it up, I can't wait to hear it run!  I'll get back to reality and my fuel leakage later tonight or tomorrow lol.

Thanks again to all of you for all of the kind words and helpful ideas  :worshippy1:

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#25 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,820 posts

Posted June 08, 2013 - 03:16 PM

No problem with you're being wrong on the routing.....we've all done that.  I just kept quiet, as I almost knew what you would find in the end.  The point is that you DID get it figured out.  Now to get the fuel leak issue resolved & all will be good.

Yes, perspective is a good thing, and I need to use that more often myself.  I vent here as needed, and nothing wrong with that either as long as I don't do it too often.  Life is a revolving door of problems to be solved, and in some cases, learning to just accept & live with them.  Hopefully the scale tips to the good side.  Time for me to feed & milk my cows......."my revolving door".   :smilewink:

• Craig., Team_Green, WNYTractorTinkerer and 2 others have said thanks

#26 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 08, 2013 - 05:16 PM

Just a quick update: My truck is missing the little sticker that shows how the belt runs and even after 3 of us were comparing trucks we somehow all missed it the other night.  It's a very subtle difference but once looking it over in daylight side by side with another 7.3 I eventually caught it.  Good thing I didn't run it long as it was spinning the fan/water pump backwards.  As my Ford mechanic friend was mocking me I told him I was just trying to keep bugs out of my radiator...

Thanks again to all of you for all of the kind words and helpful ideas  :worshippy1:

Walker, That is exactly what I did and that's the reason I asked. I put my belt on 5 times before I figured it out. :wallbanging:  I'm glad you got it figured out and didn't run down the road with a big load too far and damage the engine.

Now you can get back to your more normal life, I hope. :thumbs:

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#27 Craig. ONLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted June 08, 2013 - 05:50 PM

Man I so feel for you! Ive been there, Keep ur head up, and keep move forward. Next time your in my town picking up a load, send me a message and if I'm off work we'll go to Callahan's restaurant, My treat, after the ordeal your going through you deserve it. 

#28 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 08, 2013 - 07:08 PM

If I was closer I would hook hook your load up to teh BlueOx and show you why you should buy a Chevy. LOL

Hope yout get it all sorted out.

#29 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted June 08, 2013 - 09:18 PM

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out, except for the fuel leak and hopefully you will get that taken care of in short order.

#30 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 01:01 AM

There is a special corner in the hot place down below for serpentine belts!!!!  :mad2:

• Team_Green said thank you