#1 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 05, 2010 - 06:19 AM

We are are having some bad weather here .It started last night,heavy rain, they're calling for anywhere up to 4 " in some places . And very strong winds,could be up to 70mph.This could possibly last right into Monday.I had some things I wanted to do outside this weekend.Oh well,maybe it will blow over quicker than they think.

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 05, 2010 - 06:29 AM

Sorry to hear that your weekend is indoors Maynard. Batten down the hatches and stay dry. I had hopes of accomplishing some things too, but looks like cold and rainy here too. No wind to speak of though.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 05, 2010 - 06:35 AM

The good side ( I the power doesn't go out ),I will get more computer time.

#4 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted November 05, 2010 - 07:20 AM

We had that weather last week started 4.5 inches rain winds up to 90[news said hurricane force winds] it started Thrusday and wasn't done untill Sat. morning then we got 2" heavy wet white stuff.What a mess many people with flooded yards basements.roads washed out.There still cleaning up from the storm.After that it turned out to be nice fall weather.Glad I don't live close to any big body of water.Even now on the news they were saying some places will never be the same amd some folk will not beable to go back to were they were living before.They've never had a storm like this that did that much damage.There saying there was nothing they could do as the lake came up and with the winds dikes,and break waters were breached so lots of damage.It's going to take awhile to actually count and record all the damage.Hope it doesn't get that bad down your way.Especially with winter knocking on our door. Larry

#5 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 05, 2010 - 07:49 AM

I hope Maynard that it doesn't get to bad for you. Sucks that it's the weekend and ythe weather dosen't coopoerate. Here it is supposed to be in the low 50's this weekend and sunny. I am in charge of decorating the county park across the street for Christmas and tomorrow is the day the community comes out and gets it done. We usually have a good turn out of people and can get it all decorated by 1 or 2 PM.

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 05, 2010 - 11:08 AM

Well hopefully you don't go getting blown away Maynard. I don't like the bad weather either and I really don't like winter.