• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,466 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:39 AM

It also has the axillary hydraulic valve to run the 3pt hitch independent of the mid lift. It's hard to see.but it's there.

• twostep said thank you

#47 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,879 Thanks
  • 2,493 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:51 AM

Thanks Brian, I could see the extra cylinder but where is the valve? It has also been convertered to a manual clutch! That reminds me, the '72 has the original seat! Pad is a little rough but the seat frame looked to be very solid.

#48 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,466 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:55 AM

The second valve handle sticks outside the tin work on the left side of the tunnel in line with the other valve handle that comes up thru the tunnel. I'll see if I can find a photo of it.

#49 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,466 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 01:05 AM

Here's a link to the same manual I have out in the shop. you can see everything in the manual, I hope.

http://www.scribd.co...ccessory-8-4121

#50 glenn27 OFFLINE  

glenn27
  • Member No: 9309
  • 18 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 07:23 AM

Wow----now you have two GT-14's. Amazing how sometimes they just come out of the wood -work. 

Sit them side by side, and look at the differences. :D  Good luck w/ your work--

I got a parts one, one time about the same way--a man I'd  never seen before asked if I wanted a parts one, for free at a Tractor Show and I went by his place that evening and picked it up.....

Shame I didn't have an xtra $150   'cuz he had the  14 horse Kohler engine, been completely rebuilt--still sitting on a pallet, wrapped in heat shrink.(still kicking myself  about that one)

P.S.--That double pulley you are speaking of, on the right side of the tranny , that powers the tiller are going for about $100 right now.

glenn

Edited by glenn27, June 29, 2013 - 07:28 AM.

• twostep said thank you

#51 KC9KAS ONLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,904 Thanks
  • 4,363 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:59 AM

I added a 2nd control valve to my GT-14, but added it inside the tunnel to the left of the motion control.

I may have to heat & adjust the motion control lever so it moves directly in between both hydraulic valves.

I will have to make a "custom" cover plate for this GT, but it didn't have anything there to begin with!

#52 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 894 Thanks
  • 775 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:28 AM

twostep, just found this thread today. Vary nice finds. I'll continue coming back to this thread. Nice read.

Edited by BaumBaum, June 29, 2013 - 11:29 AM.

• twostep said thank you

#53 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 36,227 Thanks
  • 29,985 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:36 AM

But now I'm in a position where I don't want to part out one of them. :wallbanging:

I'm the same way with my pair of F935's! Gotsta get BOTH going!  :thumbs:

• twostep said thank you

#54 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,879 Thanks
  • 2,493 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 10:40 PM

Got just a few minutes to mess with the new GT today. Never even got it out of the truck. I put the battery from the JD (that is down) in it and she fired up pretty easily. The starter seems to stuggle a little... tired I guess. Once she did fire up, it ran pretty good considering there is no throttle cable hooked up. As soon as I unhook the battery it dies so it must not be charging. The wiring on this one makes the '69 look good though so that will be delt with soon enough.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#55 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:44 PM

Sweet mother! Its amazing how they sometimes pop up one after the other. Mind what I say mate : If you part one youll eventually sell parts off it or sell off the frame or something the one day you WILL regret parting the GT. Dont do it is all I ca say. If its a runner then its not a parts tractor! Dont destroy a good machine, Fix it a bit a sell it to someone else who will restore it or care for it then look for another part tractor.

It not like you need all that much to get yours back in shape. You could find spare parts  from members here on the forum or on the Red Square

• twostep said thank you

#56 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,879 Thanks
  • 2,493 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 06:15 PM

Some pic's of the new GT as well as a video of both... I'm considering using the new GT ('72 model) as the loader since it obviously has so many less hours. The '69 be a toy/back up mower. As hatedge said, I don't really need anything to get the other going so there is no reason to part it. All the '72 needs is some tires, an air cleaner cable, and a throttle and a choke cable. As you can see in the videos, they both run pretty smooth.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0092.JPG
  • IMG_0093.JPG
  • IMG_0094.JPG
  • IMG_0095.JPG
  • IMG_0097.JPG
  • IMG_0098.JPG
  • IMG_0099.JPG
  • IMG_0096.JPG

Attached Files

• hatedge said thank you

#57 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,879 Thanks
  • 2,493 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 07:22 PM

Little bit smaller video files...

Attached Files

• hatedge said thank you

#58 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,466 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 07:30 PM

Bobby, They both sound really good, not much time on them at all..

• twostep said thank you

#59 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,879 Thanks
  • 2,493 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 08:33 AM

'69 front axle issue:

In this picture you can see the front right wheel appears to be leaning... it is.

3I73Je3Ne5N95G15M5d5pd200aa9594431682.jp

So I pulled the front axle out, pulled the spindles and all of the steering linkage off. Liked to have never gotten the front right wheel off. I had to kick it pretty hard a few times until the inner seal came out of the hub. The inner bearing and seal stayed on the spindle.

I ran all of the tierod ends through the press to tighten them up a little (much less slop now). cleaned all of the lube points up and inspected.

Where the spindle goes through the axle housing both are worn (about 0.010") on the lower outside and the upper inside. Not in too bad of shape though and still have lots of life in them. The real issue I found was the right spindle (the part that the wheel attaches to) was pretty rough and bent DOWN. I can understand how a spindle could be bent up as if someone put too much weight on the frontend but this one was bent down... a considerable amount too. It also had some grinding marks on it as iff someone spun a bearing and then tried to clean it up with an angle grinder.. and then didn't bother smoothing it out.

Anyway, I put it in the press and straightened it back out, smoothed the grinds down with sandpaper and got her back together. I repacked the bearings while I was in there. It steers much better now.

I also figured out the drive/tow valve. It wasn't pointing in the right direction. I can tell a big difference, it seems much stronger now... still not as fast the '72 (even with three flat tires) but strong. The motion control linkage might be limiting the speed, I'll have to inspect that further. I want to get the '72 in running order first so that it's easier to move around.

• Texas Deere and Horse and hatedge have said thanks

#60 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,879 Thanks
  • 2,493 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 10:47 PM

Seems like something small but how can a tractor that is 41 years old (20 of which were sitting) have dust caps this clean? Looks like no moisture at all has gotten past the seals. Hard to believe when you look at the rims.

IMG_0124.JPG IMG_0126.JPG

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and hatedge have said thanks