#1 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 07:40 AM

I need some advice from you WH folk! I've got a guy interested in doing some trading (firearm for a GT). Here are pic's and the description. I talked to the guy and he told me the thing isn't perfect but mechanically it is a good tractor. He took it on trade so he doesn't know the history on the engine but he thinks it's pretty low hours (he seemed to know quite a bit about old Cubs and their K engines). The gray looking color on the engine is the primer where the PO had used something a little to strong to "degrease" the engine and took the paint off.

I've read on the various forums and it seems that these are built really well but attachments are scarce as well as parts since these GT's were only built for 4 years (over 40 years ago). Anyway, I'm really just looking for a value on this. No attachments other than the deck.

Listing:

gt-14 automatic.like new k321 14 horse kohler.new seat,front tires,pto clutch,hydro oil &filter.runs &mows needs blades.

Pic's:

3E83G13N95G55F55Hbd5pb6331369f3c5191f.jp

3Gf3L63J45E55Ke5J4d5pae9d58cfc7bb1303.jp

3I73Je3Ne5N95G15M5d5pd200aa9594431682.jp

3L13Ib3N25I75G45M4d5p3a7d05526faa1fdd.jp

3E33Lb3H15L55I15E3d5p6d521dfe71ee190a.jp

• Texas Deere and Horse, LilysDad and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#2 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 08:06 AM

Those go for around $700 -$800 around here. They used a special unique to them tiller. And perhaps snowblower. The optional 3 point hitch adds a lot of value. 953 and 1053 or 1057 were predecessor's of the GT's. And the "D" series replaced it.

Looks like a good tractor. I'd like to have it!

Joe
  • twostep said thank you

#3 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 08:20 AM

Thanks. I have a pretty rough yard and my Cub beats me to death so the large rear wheels are really appealing. The guy says the deck is missing a blade so he only cut one little spot with it but he did say the deck was nice and quite. Also has a new electic PTO.

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 08:29 AM

Engine has been upgraded to a newer one.  Original was painted red & would have had a metal flywheel screen.  Had a GT14 for years & a very stout hydro in them.  I wasn't fond of where the hydro control was, but one could attach a long lever to the existing one to bring it out to a more user friendly spot.  The gas tanks up front sometimes developed cracks, so check to see it's not been patched.

• twostep said thank you

#5 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 09:56 AM

Thats a 1969 GT  The larger tires do help but it is also a lot heavier than a cub.  Also check the front of the tank 69's had an open front and the gas tank get's popped on a lot of them.

Try Red Square for more info or any attachments you want  or https://lookup3.toro...dex/default.cfm for any parts diagrams or manuals

• twostep said thank you

#6 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 10:25 AM

Bobby, I have had a few of them and they are great Hydro GT's. I had an ARK 500 loader on one of them. As Daniel said, the engine is a replacement from the 90's, one of mine had the exact replacement engine on it. By the hood decal, it's a 1069 and should have an open grill that you can touch the plastic gas tank. 70 and later used a closed grill casting to protect the tank. 15" rer tiers are nice, but 15" AG's are very expensive if you can even find them. The Hydros almost bullet proof One of mine had had the frame broken and re-welded, you might want to look at the frame around the Mid-Mount quick Attach. Most all of the Front mounted attachments and Mid mounted attachments will work from C-Series GT's. GT14's had a factory 3PT along with a draw bar, the tiller mounted on the 3PT and ran off the Hydro pulley with there own PTO thru out on the tiller it's self. I have the plane for the 3PT and can give you the info to convert any C-Series tiller to a 3PT GT14 tiller. I think you would be happy with it if you got to use it.

• twostep said thank you

#7 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 12:14 PM

Bobby, I have had a few of them and they are great Hydro GT's. I had an ARK 500 loader on one of them. As Daniel said, the engine is a replacement from the 90's, one of mine had the exact replacement engine on it. By the hood decal, it's a 1069 and should have an open grill that you can touch the plastic gas tank. 70 and later used a closed grill casting to protect the tank. 15" rer tiers are nice, but 15" AG's are very expensive if you can even find them. The Hydros almost bullet proof One of mine had had the frame broken and re-welded, you might want to look at the frame around the Mid-Mount quick Attach. Most all of the Front mounted attachments and Mid mounted attachments will work from C-Series GT's. GT14's had a factory 3PT along with a draw bar, the tiller mounted on the 3PT and ran off the Hydro pulley with there own PTO thru out on the tiller it's self. I have the plane for the 3PT and can give you the info to convert any C-Series tiller to a 3PT GT14 tiller. I think you would be happy with it if you got to use it.

Thanks for the info Brian! Attachments aren't really a big concern since I use my Kubota for all attachment work. The Ark loader would be nice to have!!! It might be nice to have the 3pt just for hauling a carry all bucket or something though. I agree on the 15" ag's... I ran into the same issue with my kubota but since it uses a common 6 on 6" bolt pattern I was able to find rims in the 16" flavor and ag's were a little more available. Still expensive though.

I still haven't made a decision yet... Anybody have any more opinions on value.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#8 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 12:24 PM

You can change out those 4 bolt hubs to 6 bolt and do the same thing on the GT14. But not sure about clearance issue in the fenders. D series hubs will bolt right on as they are both 1 1/8" axles. I would say it's maybe a 500.00 to 700.00 depending on how well it runs and mows. Are the turfs dry cracked at all?

• twostep said thank you

#9 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 02:02 PM

You can change out those 4 bolt hubs to 6 bolt and do the same thing on the GT14. But not sure about clearance issue in the fenders. D series hubs will bolt right on as they are both 1 1/8" axles. I would say it's maybe a 500.00 to 700.00 depending on how well it runs and mows. Are the turfs dry cracked at all?

Thanks for info, I figured there would be some way to swap hubs. The front tires are new but I'm not sure on the rears. He didn't mention the rears leaking.

#10 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 09:45 AM

I too have a 69 GT-14. I did replace the open front for a newer (70's model) front for the protection of the plastic fuel tank.

I have a 3pt lift and really like it......I don't have a mowing deck though!

I have the rear rock shaft and connecting bar ( bar connects rear and mid rock shafts to hydraulic cylinder) than could be for sale if you are interested.

#11 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 11:12 AM

I too have a 69 GT-14. I did replace the open front for a newer (70's model) front for the protection of the plastic fuel tank.

I have a 3pt lift and really like it......I don't have a mowing deck though!

I have the rear rock shaft and connecting bar ( bar connects rear and mid rock shafts to hydraulic cylinder) than could be for sale if you are interested.

KC, Any C-Series deck will go under the GT14 with no MODS..

• KC9KAS said thank you

#12 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 07:40 AM

I talked to the guy again yesterday and we might have a deal. I plan to make the trip tomorrow to go check it out and if all is good I should be dragging home my first WH.

So you have the two items called out by the red arrows in this pic? Send me a PM with price.

3pt.jpg

Edited by twostep, June 10, 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#13 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 04:06 PM

I will get a picture of what I have and PM that and a price for the goodies.

• twostep said thank you

#14 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 04:54 PM

It will be a great pickup im sure. Ive brought home my first 2 WH this spring and its turned into a love story. I have a WH c160 and it keeps amazing me. Very powerfull and versatile for such a little machine

• twostep said thank you

#15 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 08:16 PM

And today Ive finally installed the mower on it for the first time. I had been waiting for a set of blades for the 36'' mower and have been mowing 20 000sq ft with a push mower once in a while to keep somekind of control on the jungle that was trying to move in. I realised that I was missing the belt so I used the belt off the MF14 mower. It was very tight but I badly needed to get some mowing done so I ended up burning the belt but the yard is finally clean. Tomorow ill go hunting for new belts.

OH a guy called me today asking to buy it and offered a working WH 312 as part of the payment. I didnt turn him down but told him Id take his WH and 2300$ in exchange for my C160 with accesories. The funny part is that this guy actually said it would be a bit steep but that it was worth considering and that hed call again this week to give me his offer !!