caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 06:53 AM

It's time again for the French Creek Valley Antique equipment club's summer show at the Cochranton, PA Fair grounds! This years feature tractors are Oliver, Cockshutt, Minneapolis Moline, and related Companies.

The show will run from Friday June 14th to Sunday June 16th, 2013.

For more information, you can visit the club's website Here or download the show's brochure! Attached File  2013_FCVAEC_trifold.pdf   773.66KB   17 downloads

• MH81 and JRJ have said thanks

#2 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 07:45 PM

I see the show started today and I know it will be a great weekend. The pictures that I have seen from past shows sure make it a must see event for the local folks. I am still tempted to attend one of the future shows.

• MH81 said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 08:03 AM

Finally relaxing for a minute after a big push weekend
Wednesday PM and most of Thursday morning, it rained. The only major casualty of the show was the pulling track was to wet to use, the ret of the grounds were perfect... Not sure i even got mud on my shoes... We really dodged a bullet with the weather.

By Friday PM, everything was in full swing, the GT games were scaled down in participants but not in enthusiasm.

It's year, the games were:
mail delivery ( have to drive thru a convoluted route while delivering newspapers in mail boxes.)
Chain drag (20 feet of chain, square on ground. Drive back and forth until it's all in there)
Tractor Golf (using your front tire, push a ball down the course until it falls in a hole)
Back Seat Driver (driver is blindfolded, helper navigates with one word commands. We used Gee [right] haw [left] whoa and giddy-up )

There are pictures up on the site ( fcvaec.org )

The Feature tractors were Minneapolis Moline and associated Companies (Oliver, Cockshutt)
One of our members families was a dealer for MM and they have many of the records from that time. Also a collection of pretty rare tractors and memorabilia. Many of our members were able to bring something to show from the different brands and the turnout was beautiful. I'm sure a couple of the tractors stayed home due to the previous days rain, but they missed a beautiful show.

Our second feature was vintage stitched weaved crocheted and knitted items.
  • caseguy said thank you

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 04:27 PM

Thanks to one of our members, we got a little video.

Tractor games in both, second one has an excerpt of the back seat driver. LOL

Thanks Jeremy!