4 replies to this topic

#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 6,360 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 08:26 PM

Have my Speedex. Need front wheel bushings or bearings. Wheels take standard 1-3/8" OD size, but axle's are 1", not 3/4" like is most common. I can find the 3/4". Orig are thick bushings with flange, maybe aluminum?? and have broken off parts or splits. These also have a groove for the grease to get inside, the stupid zerk on these wheels is right on the bearing hub, way out. So, anyway, looking for bearings or Flange Bushings like it had, even plastic will work. I DID have some plastic ones off my 990 MTD that were 1" axles, but not big enough on outside on those. They must have been 1-1/4" wheel centers. Stores here have the flange rollers, but again only for a 3/4" axle, haven't seen bigger. I tried McMaster Carr and didn't see anything there either.

#2 gopher OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2755
  • 561 Thanks
  • 619 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 08:48 PM

Go to Motion Industries they have oil impregnated bronze bushings.

#3 gopher OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2755
  • 561 Thanks
  • 619 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 08:55 PM

Go to their site  key word bearings. on right side you'll see view catalog.Scroll down to bronze bushings they have that size in different lengths. Hope they have the length you need.  

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 10:34 PM

Pretty much any city will have a bearing warehouse. If you can not take the bearings in take the hub and they will find something that will work. I have gone to Standard Bearing in Des Moines ever since I was in High School and have yet to stump them.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 05:20 AM

I have bought bushings for a number of projects from the local Motion Industries distributer. They have a huge selection if you check their web site.