• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 oldtractor OFFLINE  

oldtractor

• Member No: 429
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 12:32 PM

To all:  This is my first post and need for help as a new member.

I have a MF 10 that has been repowered with a new 14 hp Tecumseh.  I am attempting to hook up a MF 650 pto rotary tiller.  I do not have a manual on the tiller and have been trying to hook it up by what pictures I can find on the internet and this site.  I have gone through the auxiliary gearbox and only had to replace the output shaft seal.  But I am not sure what weight gear oil to use in the tine rotary gearbox - 90 or 140, or what?  I am also guessing by using 90 weight in the auxiliary gearbox as well.

Besides needing a manual for the MF 650 PTO Rotary Tiller, I would appreciate any information where I can find manuals on the MF 610 Mowing Deck, and the MF 620 Snow Thrower.  Also, do these manuals include parts breakdowns and parts lists and any "service" information?  Please advise.

Blessings,

Mike

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 01:35 PM

Welcome to GTTAlk. I'll check our manuals section to see what's there. For parts diagrams you can go to Agcopartsbooks.com and log on as a guest. This will allow access to MF parts diagrams as well as any other Agco brands.

• oldtractor said thank you

#3 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 02:36 PM

You can purchase the massey 10 parts manual through agco partsbook.com.That has the parts break down for the blower ,tiller,blade,and mower deck.It also might be in the manuals section.You can download it from there.Manuals can also be found on ebay.

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,276 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 02:47 PM

Lots of manuals for the 10/12 and their implements. Even service manuals for the tractors.
You will be limited in the downloads until you have a few posts in, so the members will have to help here a little.

My 90* gearboxes had some play in them, so I went from the sludge (old 140 I think) to half 140 and half Grease. They are quieter that way and I feel they are still getting lots of lubrication.

The manual calls for SAE80.

What parts of the installation are you having trouble with? Be glad to help if I can.

:welcometogttalk:

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,276 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 02:58 PM

610 mower assembly
http://gardentractor...ons-for-mf-610/
620 blower assembly
http://gardentractor...ons-for-mf-620/
630 dozer blade
http://gardentractor...ons-for-mf-630/
650 tiller
http://gardentractor...ons-for-mf-650/
You can also view all the parts exploded views at agcopartsbooks.com Just search for MF 10 (with space) under Massey Ferguson. The implements for all are listed and can be printed from the site.
Also, there are operating manuals for each, the tiller is here
http://gardentractor...erators-manual/

Ask questions as you have them

#6 oldtractor OFFLINE  

oldtractor

• 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 07:59 PM

MY THANKS TO:

JDBrian, ckjakline, & MH81

You guys have been a great help!  This info will get me on track.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Mike

#7 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 08:26 PM

Here's some more info.

http://gardentractor...8-inch-roto-r57

• oldtractor and MH81 have said thanks

#8 oldtractor OFFLINE  

oldtractor

• 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 09:58 PM

Gentlemen,

The information you posted was certainly a great help.  The pictures shown in the manuals were certainly worth "more" than a thousand words each.  I have the 38 inch model tiller and after reading the manuals and looking at the photos, I have the complete "system" mounted.  I will pickup a heavy duty "green" Gates belt for the PTO drive tomorrow.

However, I may have incurred an additional problem.  I can manually by hand, turn the drive shaft one complete turn in opposite directions before I see any of the tiller tines begin to move.  This seems to me to be "excessive" play or slack in the tiller gearbox.  I would appreciate any knowledgeable feedback as to this being normal, or will I need to adjust the gearbox to a closer tolerance?  If it does need adjusting, I'm assuming that the end plate is how you take out the play- ???   I also plan to drain and replace the tiller gearbox oil before using.

Please advise.  I would like to address this situation before trying to till the west 40!

Thanks,

Mike

#9 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,276 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 05:05 AM

I would tend to agree that it's excessive play, is the play all at the input to the tiller or is some of it in the gearbox too?

The tiller has a cap on the back of the gearbox that should have a cotter key holding it, that's the Lash adjuster for the worm drive. Do not over tighten and it may not remove all of what you have for play... Just depends on how much use the last 40 years have given it.

#10 oldtractor OFFLINE  

oldtractor

• 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 08:45 AM

The auxiliary gearbox is in exceptional condition.  All of the play is in the tiller gearbox.  I'm sure it has had an active life with the previous owner or owners, for the tines are worn from 1/2 to 3/4 through.  I'll try adjusting the play out.

Thanks,

Mike

• MH81 said thank you