• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 09:53 PM

Found the lug bolts on the SS12 had worked loose on the left hand wheel and two were missing. Replaced and torqued higher this time...

Helped Ryan fix his throttle and choke cables on the MF10

#1442 jmitchl OFFLINE  

jmitchl
  • Member No: 34169
  • 22 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 07:16 AM

Took the RC40-G deck off my Kubota G4200H to service. Greased all joints, inspected belt, adj. belt, changed gearbox oil, sharpened blades. Now to order new deck belt, and some rear guide wheel bearings.

#1443 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 04:28 PM

Decided that it was time to switch implements on my Bolens EK7.

Took off the snow caster and replaced it with a reel mower.  Tried it out on just a wee bit of grass, and it didn't do a bad job at all.

#1444 WHdbJD ONLINE  

WHdbJD

• Member No: 8367
  • 584 Thanks
  • 456 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 08:53 PM

cleaned and painted the underside of  the deck on the JD 210.

put some decals (from HAPCO) on my JD 110

thought of  a bunch of other things to do.....decided the most interesting was to pop open a cold brew ,

and throw some meat on the grill!

• twostep said thank you

#1445 Ben5 OFFLINE  

Ben5
  • Member No: 36003
  • 6 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 12:58 PM

Today, I replaced the bearings and belts on the mower deck of my new (my father in laws used) JD lx176. This, along with working all week to get the engine running after sitting in the weeds for 5 years.

#1446 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 03:40 PM

I loaded up the 1886 with the home made FEL on it and took it to the local "mower shop'.  Going to have him replace the single action lift cylinders with dual action ones.  Why the guy that built it used single action cylinders is beyond me.  Sure will be nice to have down pressure.

After that, I finally got the ignition switch properly installed on the Bolens HDT1000.  I had replaced the broken up plastic dash with an aluminum one and had to have a big hole bored in it for the Tach/Hr meter. However, I didn't think to look at the hole for the ign. switch.  Turned out that the switch for the HDT needs a much larger hole than the one that was in it.

Anyway, I used a small drill bit to drill a number of holes around the perimeter, then knocked out the excess with a punch and cleaned it up with a file.

Now, instead of having to open the hood, and then hold the switch body with one hand and turning the key with the other, I can just turn the key.  Makes starting a lot easier.

Once I get a new dash decal made it will look a lot better as well since that 'slot' under the Tach will be hidden.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_4593.JPG

Edited by OldBuzzard, May 20, 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#1447 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 10:28 PM

Changed the lift switch on the JD 112 to realise that it was not the problem. lift will not go down and I will check with a new selenoid tomorow. I the got back to the barn and gave a coat of rustoleum to the 317 frane and tried in vain to figure out how to make a muledrive for the 112 tiller

#1448 crittersf1 ONLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 07:52 PM

Put a battery in my NEW MF10, adjusted the carb and went for a ride in the rain.

• HowardsMF155 said thank you

#1449 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 24, 2013 - 10:49 AM

Put a battery in my NEW MF10, adjusted the carb and went for a ride in the rain.

Excellent!

#1450 WHdbJD ONLINE  

WHdbJD

• Member No: 8367
  • 584 Thanks
  • 456 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 08:07 PM

Replaced the worn out hubs on my JD 210, powerwashed it, installed new mower deck wheels, The UPS guy brought my

plastic shift cover plate, so I snapped that in place. I painted the grille last week , so put it back on....dang, its getting almost too clean and

pretty to use!   :D

#1451 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 07:38 PM

Finished the paint on the JD 317, finished fabricating a muledrive for the JD 112 rototiller.

#1452 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 07:10 PM

I got a few things running at dad's today.  First was his Sears Super 12, then the Ford YTH18, then the Cub and finally the Bolens G192.

Everything started.  The Super 12 has a different type of connector to the spark plug and it was shorting to the engine.  I wire brushed it and retaped it and it starts great now.  

It was fun having some seat time.  I was bush hogging grass as tall as the Bolens.  It was working very hard.  Finally the water warning light came on and I called it a night after taking the temp down slowly.

#1453 jmitchl OFFLINE  

jmitchl
  • 22 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 07:02 AM

Worked on my Kubota G4200H. Started out repairing the pto shaft as the previous owner had installed a non-splined pulley onto shaft. Needless to say it beat the heck out of the shaft and when I tried to install correct part it would not slide on. It's all good now. But while working on it, I noticed the bearing in the pillow block and needle bearing at the backside were a little rough so ordering today to replace. Next moved onto the RC40 deck to replace belt and sharpen blades. It's all back together, and ready for other repairs to be finished.

#1454 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,162 Thanks
  • 1,162 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 05:45 PM

I worked on the Allis 816 today.When I got it it would not turn over very fast.I went to my parts man to see about a new one did not like the price,It was a good price he was going to let me have it for 60.00,told him to order it for me but then he said hold on there is one that his grandpa rebuilt and that i could just have it.Got it on and put some gas in the carb and turned it over and i could tell it was going to run so i put some gas in it and the gas came out under the dash as fast as i was pouring it in. had to take the steering wheel off to get to tank.The rubber grommett that was in the tank was broke in two the gas line was just hanging.I could not find the part anywhere not even online .I was out so stopped at lowes and got a grommet that actually worked and put it all back together put the tin on the engine was getting to test drive it and noticed that the drive belt was just hanging.I could not get it back on so I am now inside eating supper and looking at the manual to see how to install it.

#1455 jmitchl OFFLINE  

jmitchl
  • 22 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted June 04, 2013 - 06:39 AM

Parts came in for PTO shaft repair on my G4200H. Installed needle bearing and pillow block bearing, greased it all before assembly and re-installed into tractor. Boss pulley and v-belt pulleys are re-installed and ready for belts and tensioner. New front gauge wheels completed the RC-40 deck repairs. u4u7e5uj.jpgasyzasub.jpgpa8e8epy.jpg

Edited by jmitchl, June 04, 2013 - 06:42 AM.