• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,645 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 01:30 PM

Picked up a few momentary switches at the flea market today.  Got home & wired one up to manually energize the glow plugs on my John Deere 430.   The 430's auto timer is shot and I'm not giving the high bucks to do a simple job.  I think I can handle knowing how long to apply the juice.  

No extra fuse slot, so I used an inline fuse.  $1 for the switch, junk wire I had at home, and maybe 50 cents in connectors verses $65 for a new module.

• Texas Deere and Horse and twostep have said thanks

#1397 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 01:41 PM

Picked up a few momentary switches at the flea market today.  Got home & wired one up to manually energize the glow plugs on my John Deere 430.   The 430's auto timer is shot and I'm not giving the high bucks to do a simple job.  I think I can handle knowing how long to apply the juice.  

No extra fuse slot, so I used an inline fuse.  $1 for the switch, junk wire I had at home, and maybe 50 cents in connectors verses $65 for a new module.

$1 for the switch

$ 0. junk wire I had at home

50 cents in connectors

=

Working Glow plugs- PRICELESS !! :thumbs:

• olcowhand said thank you

#1398 crokit OFFLINE  

crokit
  • Member No: 31952
  • 11 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 07:41 PM

Put a new starter in my massey/ferg 10

#1399 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,455 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 08:06 PM

Put new belts on the DB 600 , before they broke lol

#1400 willy OFFLINE  

willy

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8423
  • 73 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 01:43 PM

Started working on new to me Beaver it was  built in Feb. 1953 . 

• MH81 said thank you

#1401 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,645 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 16, 2013 - 03:50 PM

Well, at the moment it is "what I'm TRYING to do to my tractor" !  Bought some pto belt adjuster parts last Fall for my JD F935, but since moving my tools too the farm shop, I cannot find the jam nuts or the one spring, still in JD packs!  Always find them the last place I look, so I guess I just keep on looking!  :wallbanging:

#1402 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 16, 2013 - 04:35 PM

Well, at the moment it is "what I'm TRYING to do to my tractor" !  Bought some pto belt adjuster parts last Fall for my JD F935, but since moving my tools too the farm shop, I cannot find the jam nuts or the one spring, still in JD packs!  Always find them the last place I look, so I guess I just keep on looking!  :wallbanging:

You know why they are always in the last place you look, don't you Daniel??

Because only the insane would keep looking after they found it!

:bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl: 

#1403 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,645 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 16, 2013 - 05:58 PM

You know why they are always in the last place you look, don't you Daniel??

Because only the insane would keep looking after they found it!

:bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl: 

Well, I never found the last spot!  But I found some metric nuts, and substituted an Onan valve spring for one tensioner spring, so all is good now.  The reverse has been slowing on this unit, but was just a linkage needing adjusted.  Faster reverse now and still have full speed forward.

#1404 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 09:27 AM

well yesterday i did some more work to the jd hood now the topside is all glued back together im using norton glue products to do the repair

#1405 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:21 AM

Yesterday I picked up the WH C120 and took it home to his mate the C160. Changed the key switch on the C160 and it started right up ! :) So I took a lil ride around the church up and downhill to see how it worked under load. Hooked a new battery to the C120 and tried to crank the engine but no luck. I hooked my spark tester and tried again, no spark. Guess ill have to look at the coil and magneto. Then I spent a couple hours tring to find lift levers online for a decent price. Once again no luck. Im not willing to pay 100$ a piece for 2 levers. Ill see if I can fabricate new levers if I dont find a decent seller.

I also gave a good wash, wax and armorall  to the Craftsman in the hopes that I get the WH C160 working well enough to sell the craftsman.

Edited by hatedge, April 19, 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#1406 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 08:05 PM

Today I took the Brinly plow off the 123 and installed the 1a tiller. As soon as it dries out again I am going out to work some ground. :D

#1407 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,297 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 06:11 AM

Over the last couple of nights, I've only beagle to work a few hours total, but still managed to get some stuff done.

Weights off the DB to put skinnier tires on for Plow Day. Also chains. "Mothered" the weights for an hour getting them back on tho :D

Added the weights to the ST16 as I want to try her at plow day. If she performs well and reliably, she's probably getting the same kind of used ATV wheel that I put on the SS12 if I can find another set.

I drained the "oil" out of the ST16's rear end. Ewwwwww. I should save it as even tho it's nasty, it's probably OEM... :wallbanging:

Things left to do if I can find the time:
Build a 3 point to Sleeve hitch adapter for the Sears.
Check the oil in the rears of all the tractors.
Try to get the 18/6 together enough that it's a reliable and safe butt buggy for Dad. He doesn't want to plow, but does want to ride now.

Need to make a flywheel cover for safety find a usable seat, and replace,a couple of tie rod ends.

#1408 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 10:40 AM

Well spent a couple hours figuring out how to mount the H46 deck from the 446 onto the 226. Found out that the 38" deck takes a different mule drive than the H46. Got some parts moved around and mounted it. Then test mowed the H46. It did awesome. That thing ate the grass right up. Made my JD 212 with the Model 49 deck look downright puny. I mowed quite a bit faster and it never missed a beat. I'm hooked on these Case tractors. Here is a pick.uploadfromtaptalk1366472430736.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1366472441361.jpg

Eric

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

#1409 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,297 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 11:10 PM

Spent the three hours I had on the 18/6. Actually got a lot done. The tie rod ends work again, the lights work again, the tranny "soup" was changed, we rigged a safer seat on it (its purple... Sorry) and finished the steering wheel.

The guard on the engine still needs made and then I can have a kid torture test it.

#1410 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 10:13 PM

Put new plugs and condenser on the 682 then put a new points on, set it to 0.021 and she fired right up. I then adjusted the newly rebuilt deck and mowed with it. It did a great job. She seems to be running rich though. I'll have to see to that next.