2307 replies to this topic

#1381 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 09:12 PM

Finished fabrication and did all my welding on my 3pt for on my 12H.  Got it painted tonite and will put it on tomorrow.  Only had gloss black paint on hand so thats what I used.  I think I'm getting cheap! :bigrofl:

Do you have a fab thread somewhere?  I'd be interested in seeing what you did.

• larryd said thank you

#1382 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 09:24 PM

It's just a regular sleeve hitch style hitch.  IH always called their setup a 3pt because of the two lower holes for the Brinley sleeve hitch adapter and the top point where it lifted from.  I am so used to calling them that I do it automatically without thinking.  Sorry if I confused you into thinking it was a Category 0 3pt hitch.

Edited by IHCubGuy, April 06, 2013 - 09:24 PM.

• larryd said thank you

#1383 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 09:26 PM

It's just a regular sleeve hitch style hitch.  IH always called their setup a 3pt because of the two lower holes for the Brinley sleeve hitch adapter and the top point where it lifted from.  I am so used to calling them that I do it automatically without thinking.  Sorry if I confused you into thinking it was a Category 0 3pt hitch.

You know what?  If you fabbed it, I would still love to see what you did, even if it is "Just a regular sleeve hitch".

• MH81, IHCubGuy and larryd have said thanks

#1384 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 10:29 PM

Disassembled my NTM mower deck to sand and paint . I'm just going to plug the hole sinceI can't find a reason for it to be there.

larryd

Edited by larryd, April 06, 2013 - 10:32 PM.

#1385 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 10:35 PM

You know what?  If you fabbed it, I would still love to see what you did, even if it is "Just a regular sleeve hitch".

I will get some pics of it and post them tomorrow.

• HowardsMF155 and larryd have said thanks

#1386 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,513 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 05:56 AM

I built the weight box for the front of the FF. It will hold 12 window weights. I have 11 seven pound weights & around 68 five pound weights. I got it painted late yesterday. Should be able to handle and post pics this morning sometime.

EDIT: Pics can be found here.

Edited by KennyP, April 07, 2013 - 08:24 AM.
Added comment

• larryd said thank you

#1387 Chucknbob OFFLINE  

Chucknbob
  • Member No: 22241
  • 90 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:22 AM

I snapped a PTO belt. Guess what I'm doing to my tractor next!
  • WNYTractorTinkerer and larryd have said thanks

#1388 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 02:05 PM

We took dad's Bolens 1000 and my Bush Hog HD-12 to a local plow day yesterday for some fun and made them earn their keeps today with hauling wood, brush and bark from the wood piles to our bonfire. We needed to get it all cleaned up since selling all the wood so we can mow again. We are possibly putting in another storage building to help make some room and keep stuff out of the weather. Even though we didn't make them work too hard here are some pics of the tractors with the carts attached.

Also used the Massey 1655 with front end loader to pull the one large stump from the persimmons tree that fell last year to the burn pile. 

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0032.JPG
  • DSC_0033.JPG
  • DSC_0034.JPG
  • DSC_0035.JPG
  • DSC_0036.JPG
  • DSC_0037.JPG

• twostep and larryd have said thanks

#1389 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 04:54 PM

Here are  some fo the pics I took of my fabrication.  Thanks to Alan MH81 for getting me some measurements and pics that I needed. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_2918 (Small).jpg
  • 100_2919 (Small).jpg
  • 100_2920 (Small).jpg
  • 100_2921 (Small).jpg
  • 100_2922 (Small).jpg
  • 100_2923 (Small).jpg
  • 100_2924 (Small).jpg
  • 100_2925 (Small).jpg

• HowardsMF155, twostep and larryd have said thanks

#1390 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:06 PM

Does it count if I did something to someone else's tractor?

If so, I managed to get a Bolens 1000 off my trailer ON IT'S OWN POWER :D :D :D :D

1967bolens collector  (Sam) found it on eBay of Craigslist, but it was here in OH while he's in NJ.  He asked me if I would go get it and pay the seller and he would reimburse me when he comes this way to pick it up.

There was some mis-communication involved with the seller as he told me that it ran and moved under it's own power, but told Sam different.

Anyway when I got there it turned out that it DIDN'T run, and to make matters worse (or better as it turned out) it was missing the freewheeling pin.  Without that even if it did run, it wouldn't move.  However that turned out to be a good thing since we had to push it onto the trailer.

Anyway, the weather got nice and warm today and I decided to get it off the trailer.  I borrowed a freewheeling pin from one of my tractors, got it installed, then tried to start it.  Since the battery is toast I jumped it with one of my diesels.  A splash of gas in the tank, opened the fuel valve, a small shot of ether, and it fired right up.

Now it's in the back yard waiting for Sam to come and get it.  However there is a RANSOM DEMAND involved now  :D :D :D

There will be a vid of it over on the Bolens forum shortly.

• larryd said thank you

#1391 michael.kitko ONLINE  

michael.kitko
  • Member No: 28357
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:15 PM

Made a 3 pt hitch attachment to lift fence posts out of the ground.
  • larryd said thank you

#1392 bja105 OFFLINE  

bja105
  • Member No: 10485
  • 196 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:04 PM

I filled the front tires on my Ford 80.  Each got about 1.5 gallons of windshield washer fluid.

It needed it.  Since I replaced the Kohler with a little pull start engine, it has very little steering traction. 

I also greased a few places.

• larryd said thank you

#1393 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,319 Thanks
  • 4,665 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:57 PM

Well..  It's on my neighbor's but hey-  I did something tractor related!  He's got a Craftsman 917.276090 or 5000 GT and it had some electrical gremlins keeping him from moving the thing..  It would die as soon as he let up on the clutch..  I found a wiring diagram on the web and grabbed my cross & robe then performed the electrical 'exorcism' to remedy the problem in short order..  

The front left tire was flat on the bottom only and no matter how many times I turned it around the bottom stayed flat!!   :wallbanging:   I removed the thing and fought tooth and nail and it got 'totally tubular' and the flat spot was eradicated!   :rocker2:

It also needed the engine 'de-moused and de-grassed' :( so the shroud & covers all got removed and it had a good clean-out with pliers and a blow gun..  I gave the 'lil  mouser an appropriate eulogy then disposed of his remains ala-wiseguy!  So I've been standing by the mailbox awaiting new parts :tapping_fingers: and today got the new crank case oil vent separator and set to installing it on the head..  

Once the new breather hose arrives the covers and case will be complete..  Then on to the deck and a generous lubage for the thing..  

Meanwhile Mudder Nature got on her PMS-cycle and ran our asses over in WNY as we suffered a small Ice Storm this afternoon so I gassed up the Sthil and chopped up the Birch tree that fell smak in the middle of the neighbor's driveway! :say_what:

Now I'm working all night and we'll see what Friday brings?!? :cowboy_shooter:

• Newpaws493 and larryd have said thanks

#1394 nade-em OFFLINE  

nade-em
  • Member No: 25213
  • 202 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 08:17 PM

I sanded and repainted the deck on the Craftsman LT 1000, it was getting a little rusty around the edges.

I figured i 'd better stop it now  before i have to buy another one later.

Also changed the oil, oil filters, air filters, fuel filters, spark plugs and greased everything on the JD 314, JD 116, and the Craftsman LT 1000.

Washed and waxed all three too. A clean tractor is a happy tractor! :beerchug:

Edited by nade-em, April 12, 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#1395 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'm hoping to go to the South Carolina Plow day next weekend, so I did a bit more on one of my Masseys today.  I had wanted to add some weight to the front, mostly because the front end gets light when I pick up an implement.  I also wanted it to attach quickly and not be a lot of trouble to manufacture since I'm short on time.  So, I cut some plywood I had lying around, put some thick metal straps front and back, and clamped it to the front bumper of the Massey.  I used 35 lbs to start and I'm not sure I'll add any more as it really helped with steering authority when I started disking in the garden.

GEDC0024.JPG GEDC0026.JPG GEDC0029.JPG