• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 14, 2010 - 05:39 PM

Oh, and I replaced a missing quick pin. Not sure where that went, although I suspect it'll either appear when the snow melts or when Mrs. Rev washes whatever I was wearing when I took the forks off and put the bucket on.

Likely in your pockets like you mentioned. My wife has a bowl on the shelf in the laundry room where she chucks stuff left in my pockets. Once or twice a year I'll take the bowl to the shop & put the stuff in their appropriate places. Some really neat stuff I leave in my pockets, and it's like I got new stuff after all that time.
And I haven't got to do anything the last 3 days to my tractors. Too bloody cold, plus I've been putting in earlier/longer work days.

#122 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted December 14, 2010 - 05:57 PM

Likely in your pockets like you mentioned. My wife has a bowl on the shelf in the laundry room where she chucks stuff left in my pockets. Once or twice a year I'll take the bowl to the shop & put the stuff in their appropriate places. Some really neat stuff I leave in my pockets, and it's like I got new stuff after all that time.
And I haven't got to do anything the last 3 days to my tractors. Too bloody cold, plus I've been putting in earlier/longer work days.

It was pretty nice here, I think it went up to -9 C, so I had to be outside. They've cancelled the predictions of snow though. Tomorrow I think I'll replace the fence my foundation monkeys took down and never put back up and see if I can find some gate hinges to replace the ones they bent. Not sure where I'll find fence parts in Winnipeg in December. After that, I need some kind of temporary step until I landscape and build a deck.

My wife, possibly the most tolerant woman on the planet, tends to take the things out of my pockets and put them back where they belong. The only problem with that is that she often doesn't know where things belong, or she finds things that don't really belong anywhere, so she puts them on a shelf someplace. She always knows where the money belongs of course. It belongs in her purse.

#123 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted December 14, 2010 - 10:06 PM

Today I dragged the MF8 from the back yard to the garage. I changed a front tire that was flat with another one that came off of some other machine.1214102024.jpg I finished the evening off by moving my Ariens and Toro walk behind snowblowers in to the garage. I will service them on Friday as I work for the next 2 days.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1214101417.jpg

#124 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted December 18, 2010 - 05:02 PM

After having 2 snow storms the last 2 weekends with a total of 23 inches of snow, today was maintenance day for my snow equipment. The 1650 Snapper had a couple of issues. I had lost some bolts to part of the lift linkage so that was first on the list. Then it was go over and tighten the 2 blower belts. The shorter one was kind of loose and I think was slipping some, looks a little worn and probably the original belts. Note to self, order 2 new belts! The chain tension to the auger was a little loose. I noticed there wasn't a lock nut on the chain tightener, there is now! When I went to start it nothing happened when I turned the key. The lights worked but no attempt to turn over. I pulled the plastic cover off that goes over the center section and found a wire off on the safety switch. I fixed the connection and all is good to go now. I used the blower to clean up the snow from where I had just dug out my old truck. Everything is working and up to snuff again.
I had to fix one cross link on my Farmall H tire chains. Now they are all ready for the next snow storm.

#125 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted December 18, 2010 - 07:10 PM

Glad to hear that you have everything ready to go. We have been ready, just need some snow.

#126 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 23, 2010 - 05:48 PM

I started & let a bunch of them run long enough to fully charge the battery & bring the engines up to full running temps. Lets see, the MF1855, the Custom Bush Hog JBI, the Kubota G4200, the original JBI, MF1010, and the JD F935.
JLater I fired up the Massey MF12H too, then went to the Unico. She's being stubborn, but did hit a few licks. Battery is really too low to spin her fast enough. Gotta get my boost box & get her going. Have charger on the battery now.
I'll do this to all the tractors a few times during the winter on warmer days to keep them ready to go come spring.

#127 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted December 23, 2010 - 06:06 PM

I fired up my cub and my MF-12. The battery in the 12 is basically done. I had to charge it and let it on the charger while I started it. I removed the tiller PTO and mounted the plow, just in case we get any real snow?

#128 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 23, 2010 - 07:23 PM

I also blasted the mule drive idlers to my Bush Hog D4-10 today. I taped over the bearing area, then blasted them. Then a shot of primer.

#129 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted December 23, 2010 - 07:31 PM

Well, this is pretty pathetic but I filled a low tire on one of the Bolens today LOL. That was all I did :(

#130 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 23, 2010 - 07:39 PM

Well, this is pretty pathetic but I filled a low tire on one of the Bolens today LOL. That was all I did :(

Oh Brian, that is just sad! LOL I aired a front on my MF1855 today too! Look at it this way Brian, just airing that tire is much better than finding a nail in it to have to repair! Sometimes less is more!

#131 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted December 23, 2010 - 08:28 PM

I finally got the carb and new switch on the Custom 7.
I took it apart & cleaned it 2 wks ago, haven't been able to work outside long enough to put it on.
I am VERY happy to say that when I came in the house, my wife complained that I smell like exhaust fumes.
:rocker2::dancingbanana::yelclap::rocker2::dancingbanana::yelclap:

She's gonna need a little dialing in on the carb, but that's for another night.

#132 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted December 23, 2010 - 10:27 PM

Put the 54 blade & 4 suitcase weights on the 420 today. Now hope I don't need to use it tomorrow! ~~ grnspot110

Attached Thumbnails

• GARDEN TRACTORS 695 - Copy.jpg
  • GARDEN TRACTORS 700 - Copy.jpg

#133 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted December 24, 2010 - 06:15 PM

George and I spent several hours in the garage today. I was able to free the chute on the blower that is mounted on the 600. Been spraying it the last few weeks. Took the control arm off and with George's help we were able to get it working properly. George also made the rest of the control arm to extend it to the driver's seat. Hopefully he will post some pictures for me.
I also helped mount the plow on the cub. But that's George's story to post.

Edited by grand, December 24, 2010 - 07:25 PM.

#134 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted December 24, 2010 - 06:46 PM

Got the battery (Merry Christmas to me) in the Custom 7. Pushed a little snow with it, but she's doggy when moving/plowing. I think the gov adjustment has been messed with in the past and I know the carb needs tuned in a little more. I also bought 4 carriage bolts to mount the cub wheel weights on with. Maybe tomorrow?

#135 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted December 24, 2010 - 07:29 PM

I didn't do too much either.The MF 1655 has that plastic cover over the fuel /gas cap.Every year I have to change it and make a new one.I haven't been able to find the right kinda plastic to use so I just use some from a old snowmobile windshield.It lasts for a little better then a year and then cracks up so badly that you can't see how much gas is left in the tank.One day I'll just have to break down and buy a new one,LOL Larry