#1246 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 01:03 AM

Finally finished my repower and complete rewire on my 3414s. I held my breath, turned the key and she cranked up immediately, everything worked and there were no burning wires. Engine purred like a kitten with minor carb adjustment.

Posted Image

Not crazy about running the lights off the AC circuit off the alternator ( dim lights are at engine idle)

Posted Image

Edited by skunkhome, December 22, 2012 - 01:13 AM.

• olcowhand and twostep have said thanks

#1247 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 09:50 AM

Put the snow blade on the lgt 165 this morning, they are saying we will get snow tomorrow evening into Wednesday. Merry Christmas everyone.

#1248 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 07:30 PM

I checked out the charging system on the FF 20 today. It's working, but I need to get some better connectors on the regulator/rectifier. I'll see once the connections are fixed how the amp gauge works, the needle is real bouncy right now. The hour meter is not hooked up. I want to get into the engine shrouds and see if I can get an oil pressure gauge hooked up. I am in the market for an Electric PTO that fits an 1 7/16 shaft. That may be hard to come by and expensive!

#1249 John Bostian OFFLINE  

John Bostian
  • Member No: 16594
  • 3 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 05:35 PM

Have worked all week on reassembly of my son's tractor. Started life as a Jacobsen GT 12 hydro. We have installed a twin cylinder 18 hp kohler command engine. Blasted and painted most parts and replaced a few. He has a thing for New Holland tractors so color is a bit off original. This week I got dash on and all new wiring, transmission linkage all back on, and just got fenders bolted up. We are fabricating new grill on Saturday and hope to have hood and grill painted next week.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  • KennyP and twostep have said thanks

#1250 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 06:38 PM

Put the Jacobsen 1000 Chief in my shop yesterday, and today put a good tire/rim assembly on the rear, and took the deck out from under it. I also took a home brew lift assembly off the back of the frame, as it had parts missing.  She's running like brand new!

#1251 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 07:24 PM

Got the Plow hitch finished up, primed and painted. Also got the 3pt hitch and weight rack made for the disc. If the garden ever dries I'll see how it works. I got the disc for $30 and it was just set up to drag behind.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0185.JPG
  • DSCN0187.JPG

• olcowhand said thank you

#1252 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 12:13 PM

Put the Jacobsen 1000 Chief in my shop yesterday, and today put a good tire/rim assembly on the rear, and took the deck out from under it. I also took a home brew lift assembly off the back of the frame, as it had parts missing.  She's running like brand new!

Fired up the chief & tucked into a place I cleared in the shed to keep it out of the weather.  That's likely it for the day as far as GT's.

#1253 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • Member No: 17146
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 07:16 AM

Getting started making my snow plow today.  If I were to create a build thread, which forum would I put it under?  Implements, or the tractor specific forum.  There are a few options I suppose, a nudge in the right direction would be helpful.

Thanks 

Jeff

#1254 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 07:52 AM

Getting started making my snow plow today.  If I were to create a build thread, which forum would I put it under?  Implements, or the tractor specific forum.  There are a few options I suppose, a nudge in the right direction would be helpful.

Thanks 

Jeff

If you put it in the Implements Forum, just be sure to state in the title which tractor it is for. Also tag it for the brand & tractor. That would help folks find it easier.

• Watchdog said thank you

#1255 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 08:30 AM

Havent really messed with the GTs over the holidays. Instead I have worked on the "other" stuff getting it back to working. Cleand carb on the Horse tiller and got it adjusted, moved on to the chipper and got it going, now trying to get the old ditsch witch cleaned up and going. The tiller and ditch witch were given to me in the middle of summer and I didnt have any time to get the working correctly then.

#1256 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 08:34 AM

only had an hour to play yesterday, but I did get a chance to fix the everflat rear and put the chains on the SS16... what a difference. If time allows, I will get the belt for that blower today and cut off the glide extensions someone welded on. they work like ski's and it tries to ride up constantly. stupid things are 5" square.

#1257 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 09:45 AM

I'm taking my 314 apart for repaint. Today I am still trying to figure how to get the bolts out of the dash tower. As they say 1 piece at a time and lots of baggies. Maybe the wife won't miss them. Garage space is at a minum, her jeep my tractor.

Happy New Year

larryd

#1258 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • Member No: 17146
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 09:08 AM

So I put my snow plow build (to date) on the Implements Forum.  I made some decent headway building my plow frame yesterday and hope to finish the rest today, followed by paint tomorrow.  I know how we all love pictures, so I posted a bunch on my build thread on the implements forum.  Please have a look and I would appreciate any pointers you might have.

Thanks

Jeff

#1259 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 10:19 PM

Took the mower deck off of my Craftsman PGT9000 and stored it for the winter. Moved the PGT9000 into the spot in the shed where the GT6000 usually sits. Can't park it there with the 54" desk attached.

Got my GT6000 out and fiddled with the Kohler MV18 and finally fixed a problem it had. Basically, the governor adjustment was out of whack. It would practically run away with itself when I gave it some throttle. Adjusted that per my service manual and it runs like a top! The governor lever had slipped on the "side shaft", so it was coming into play WAY too early. Also put a different battery on the GT6000. The one it had wouldn't turn the engine over. Will try to charge it tomorrow. I also put the 48" dozer blade on. Hopefully that will chase away any chances of snow!

#1260 68ss12dually OFFLINE  

68ss12dually
  • Member No: 13467
  • 4 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 04:50 PM

Painted the engine black and the sears red!