• Please log in to reply
2305 replies to this topic

#1051 RoosterLew OFFLINE  

RoosterLew
  • Member No: 9848
  • 82 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 01:04 PM

i MOVED MY TRACTOR....AND REALIZED THE TRANS-AXLE IS BROKE....TIME FOR WORK!

#1052 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 02:18 PM

i MOVED MY TRACTOR....AND REALIZED THE TRANS-AXLE IS BROKE....TIME FOR WORK!

Yep, that would be a sign! :smilewink: Sorry you found it was broken though.

#1053 RoosterLew OFFLINE  

RoosterLew
  • 82 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 11:19 AM

This is the tractor I use everyday too....already missing it!

#1054 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted June 25, 2012 - 07:39 AM

Reset the hydro lift on the Scrap Massey. Lifts much better now. Little on the sluggish side before. Now, she pops right up.

Also did the STD oil checks on the ones we run frequently.

#1055 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted June 27, 2012 - 04:55 PM

Weren't a tractor, a push mower I was trying to fix for my daughter. Tecumseh engine is no longer even a parts engine. Not after I got done with the hammer. I don't care what it is, but if it is Tecumseh powered, I won't touch it. They are junk engines as far as I am concerned!
  • maxedout said thank you

#1056 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 06:59 PM

Wanted to work out back today. Too darned hot! Tried to make a redneck water cooler. Hung the soaker hose around the south side of the Tractor port and turned the water on. Didn't get a fine enough spray to make it work. I'll see if the sprinkler works any better tomorrow!

#1057 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted June 29, 2012 - 08:23 PM

I got a flat on the 147 while mowing. Got the Ford, wagon, jack and tools. Dad had a spare of the exact same size so I put that on and finished. The tube must have a problem.

IMG_0189.JPG IMG_0190.JPG IMG_0191.JPG

#1058 RoosterLew OFFLINE  

RoosterLew
  • 82 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted June 30, 2012 - 12:01 AM

Putting together a WH 856. Stuck a " temp" 181 on it tonight and made it run! Another weekend and it'll be ready for tear down and final paint.

#1059 maxedout OFFLINE  

maxedout
  • Member No: 9548
  • 37 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted June 30, 2012 - 08:02 AM

Today is supposed to be nearly 106 degrees! What will I do with my tractor today? NOTHING! Friday was about 105 degrees and in the shade it was 98 degrees. Last evening Storms blew out of Patrick County Va, lucky for me they missed us which is uncommon. Normally they blow down on us when they spawn up in Patrick. I had ordered a new cable oilier for my ATV that is supposed to work on GT's also. I was thinking I would do that today but after going outside at 6 this morning and finding the heat at 95 degrees I think me this old man and that old GT will just have to plan our stuff for a later date!

#1060 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted July 01, 2012 - 07:00 AM

WHOOPS!

Got so used to mowing the John Deere 140H3 that yesterday when mowing with a MTD hydro bought just to fix and sell I reached up for the lever to make it stop and got was the lever to raise and lower the deck instead. The wife was not impressed with the mark left on the side of the house very much either.

The tractor is all better now though. The house not so much.

Got to get back to work while the temperature is still 57* F.

Bill

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN2926.JPG

Edited by GTTinkerer, July 01, 2012 - 07:03 AM.

• MH81 and maxedout have said thanks

#1061 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted July 01, 2012 - 08:21 AM

WHOOPS!

Ouch! Bill, sorry to hear this. Hope the house and the wife's mood are both easily repairable.
Good thing you collect Garden tractors and not bulldozers...
  • GTTinkerer said thank you

#1062 maxedout OFFLINE  

maxedout
  • 37 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted July 01, 2012 - 10:18 AM

Weren't a tractor, a push mower I was trying to fix for my daughter. Tecumseh engine is no longer even a parts engine. Not after I got done with the hammer. I don't care what it is, but if it is Tecumseh powered, I won't touch it. They are junk engines as far as I am concerned!

I have to agree with Tecumseh engines being junkie, the older engines was by far better made but even those could be a real pain. The do make a fair transmission giving them the benefit of doubt but they could certainly improve the quality of their engines. Never had one that would run and if it did it gave problems, and never had one that was an easy starter, new or old.

#1063 maxedout OFFLINE  

maxedout
  • 37 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted July 01, 2012 - 10:21 AM

WHOOPS!

Got so used to mowing the John Deere 140H3 that yesterday when mowing with a MTD hydro bought just to fix and sell I reached up for the lever to make it stop and got was the lever to raise and lower the deck instead. The wife was not impressed with the mark left on the side of the house very much either.

Got to get back to work while the temperature is still 57* F.

Bill

Bill, Honestly I did the same thing with my LX172 I had been used to mowing with one of the other mowers. I took the LX out for some light mowing, ran into the side of the house, broke the gear shift and ended up some how messing up the transmission. Cost me about $100 bucks over my deciding to run into the house, not only did I run into it I did it like 3 times in a row! Needless to say the wife wasn't happy and neither was I. My son ended up having to take the transmission out for me and we re-built it sitting in my living room. I had surgery and was unable to go to the shop so the shop came to me...

I pray and hope the mower is okay and your wife forgives your accident. I am sure she has already!

#1064 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted July 01, 2012 - 10:27 AM

I have to agree with Tecumseh engines being junkie, the older engines was by far better made but even those could be a real pain. The do make a fair transmission giving them the benefit of doubt but they could certainly improve the quality of their engines. Never had one that would run and if it did it gave problems, and never had one that was an easy starter, new or old.

Funny, I've had the same experience with Briggs.
Tell you what, I'll come down and get all those unloved Teccy's, get them out of your hair. :rolling:
  • maxedout said thank you

#1065 maxedout OFFLINE  

maxedout
  • 37 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted July 01, 2012 - 10:31 AM

Funny, I've had the same experience with Briggs.
Tell you what, I'll come down and get all those unloved Teccy's, get them out of your hair. :rolling:

You'll have to talk to Bill, I don't own any today, just agreeing with his posting. Never had one that ran as it should new or old and yep I have owned a few Briggs with the same problems. I suppose that's why I went to Kohler!

But yep talk to Bill as I understand he has a busted up Teccy that he might part with! :) :bounce: