Wow youve been busy there mate!

#1007 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted May 22, 2012 - 09:14 PM

Discovered that the bearings in the PTO tensioner pulley are seized and the PTO belt has been sliding over it for some time. Time to call the local JD deal and pick up a few more parts for the old reliable RF 110.

#1008 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted May 22, 2012 - 09:26 PM

Got a precious few minutes to work on the MF630 Blade tilt handle.

Wish sleep wasn't necessary sometimes... I'd get much more done :)

#1009 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted May 22, 2012 - 10:44 PM

Wish sleep wasn't necessary sometimes... I'd get much more done :)

Know what you mean, if you sleep 8 hours a day you miss what's going on for 1/3 of your life.

#1010 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted May 22, 2012 - 11:13 PM

When I put the 3-pt and cultivator on the 1886, I was thinking that I would run that through the neighbor's garden before I tilled it with the 1256.

Well, there was just too much 'stuff', corn stalks, etc, that I decided against that so went back to the house to get the 1256.

Made a 1/2 pass with the 1256, and HUGE cloud of 'smoke' from the tiller's universal, so it was back to the house AGAIN.

Since I have a squareback tiller for the 1886. OFF came the cultivator and the 3-pt, and ON went the tiller......

Except for the ratza fracken, ratta fritzen PTO shaft :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :firejumper: :firejumper: :firejumper:

Why, oh WHY didn't Bolens use telescoping PTO shafts for their tillers? I fought that rascal for over an hour, and finally gave up. Guess I'll give it a go again tomorrow. gggggrrrrrrrrrrr.

Edited by OldBuzzard, May 22, 2012 - 11:20 PM.

• hatedge said thank you

#1011 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted May 24, 2012 - 06:50 AM

spent a little while working on the gt 5000. I got the new head gasket installed, and got it put part way back together. Before I put the deck back on I want to give the under side a good cleaning and a fresh coat of paint.

#1012 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted May 25, 2012 - 11:30 AM

FINALLY got the square back tiller mounted on the 1886. Tried a bit different sequence that previously, and it went on 'fairly' east...at least this time anyway. I'd still like to have a telescoping PTO shaft though.

Pulled the round back tiller off of the 1256, amounted the Haban Sickle-Mo. Going to be doing knock down some weeds and such around the pond at the small airport where I've been flying Sailplanes.

Neighbor want me to till his garden, but that's going to have to wait for some rain. Been real dry here, and the ground is like concrete.

Think, maybe I'll go 'play' with the chipper/shredder on the G10 :D

Edited by OldBuzzard, May 25, 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#1013 dogsoldier OFFLINE  

dogsoldier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9589
  • 316 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted May 25, 2012 - 11:40 AM

pushed my new to me Ford YT 16H out of the garage a bit so i could pull the deck off and clean it off and power wash it later on today. also climbed under ir to see why the steering is off(will make a post about it) and see what way would be best to fix it. tested the ignition module and believe it to be bad and is the cause of the problem.
on lunch break right now and will be hard at it in a bit

#1014 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,649 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 26, 2012 - 02:04 PM

Done pretty much nothing! Heat index in upper 90's, so I just have a wheel cooking in my E-tank.

#1015 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted May 26, 2012 - 09:20 PM

I've been doin some cleaning on the '80 Case 446. lots of old built-up sludge and gunk every where. I don't want to do a restore on it, it runs great as it is. Had to unplug the build up on the hydraulic oil cooling radiator though. It was bad. I adjusted the points today on it and put new hoses on the tiller and hooked the tiller up to the tractor for the first time. Man-o-man I sure do like that drive-diverter valve. The tiller never changed speed and the tractor just crawled!

Edited by JBBR, May 26, 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#1016 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 05:27 AM

Had to go in to work for a little, but it wasn't long. Headed for the garage

Now, somedays you eat the bear and somedays he eat you...

Today was some of both. Tried to get Dads Custom 6 running again. Pulled until I had a wet shirt and a worn spot on the side of my finger. Time for an electric starter on this POS.

On to the next, the Custom 7 lost spark. Not wiring, must be under the flywheel and it's parked where engine work would require years of yoga stretching exercises. Also, in the hottest part of the garage with no breeze. I don't think so.

Finished the dozer blade on the MF12G and asked Ryan to take it for a spin. He went 20 feet down hill and it stalled. We got it started enough to make it back to the garage and then it sat there (slightly uphill) and ran like a champ. Shrugged and tried again... Died going down hill.

It was the darndest thing, it would run fine up hill, but when you climbed into the saddle, it would start missing. Downhill it would die. Ryan found this funny and said something about the tractor not liking me...

After the 4 time (I'm a slow learner) we pulled the hood and grill off and started into the carb.
Had "sand" all thru it. Cleaned it up and reset the float, this time it ran right. Turns out the sand was causing an overfill in the bowl and side to side or downhill would cause it to flood out the engine, uphill was just enough to keep the level right.

On to the next victim. The "parts" SS10 I rescued last fall. It fired right up and ran well (still a little low knock tho) finally got a seat on it. This one will make it to the show just because the guy who sold it to me will be there and I want him to see it running :)

Now for the tru success story, the Scrap Massey.
Put in a battery, little air in the tires, little gas in the tank, jumped up and down on the seat to make it flat enough to sit on, and away we went. Only thing I'll need to do for the show is give it a new drive belt and adjust the linkages. I found out why the clutch wasn't working. At some point, someone had knocked the rocker shaft out of it's pivot point. Can't blame the tractor for that, she hasn't had a lot of love.

So, out of the 5 tractors I got wrench time with, 3 more are going to the show. Wish I could've gotten Dads 6 there, but I'm batting 600. And I guess that's respectable.
  • hatedge said thank you

#1017 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 06:29 AM

Lotsa work for you there! Wish I could come and see them shows you guys got down there. Maybe I'll look into starting a little something here too. Never know it might catch-on.
  • MH81 said thank you

#1018 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 07:43 AM

Yeah! another scrap Massey saved!. I'm enjoying mine from the scrap yard too. One day I'll fit the hood back on, then it will be sweet.

MH81, is there a thread already about your massey? I'd like to know the story.

#1019 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 07:49 AM

Yeah! another scrap Massey saved!. I'm enjoying mine from the scrap yard too. One day I'll fit the hood back on, then it will be sweet.

MH81, is there a thread already about your massey? I'd like to know the story.

I think there is... Let me look. ;)

Edit: Here you go. http://gardentractor...-of-the-mon-r92
  • HowardsMF155 said thank you

#1020 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,649 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 09:10 AM

Gonna check out my rim in the E-tank later, and if ready, remove & wire brush remaining paint off. Re-cook if needed, or prime if ready.