#916 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 07:03 AM

Finally success with my commercial Gravely. Carb cleaned up fine, Got it running , but rough. Busted the old choke cable and replaced it with a NAPA generic as no Gravely parts around here. Now running /starting perfectly. No smoke no issues. I'll finish building a sulky for it today and then hang out the for sale sign. Kind of hate to see it go. Its a mowing brute!! But its worth too much to sit around.

#917 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 01:32 PM

Tried to blow over two feet of heavy wet snow with the Sears 18 hp and single stage snowblower. Worked fine for awhile and then the transmission locked up. Removed the fenders and seat and pulled shifter out and found that the 2nd/3rd slider was in 3rd and the shifter had moved the reverse/1st slider to reverse. Seems like it could not make up it.s mind whether to go forwards or backwards. Moved both back to neutral but the 2nd/3rd seemed to be loose. Put it back together and used it for about 10 minutes until the same thing happened. Figure the detent for 2nd and 3rd must have stuck closed allowing the slider to move on it's own. Transaxle will probably need to be pulled and disassembled, tomorrow seems like a good day to start doing that. Maybe just borrow the transaxle out of my son's GTII. Possibly just remove the shifter and use the MIG to keep the 2nd/3rd slider from moving at all. Still have 1st and reverse high and low and it never leaves the yard anyway.

#918 n3pht OFFLINE  

n3pht

• Member No: 3900
  • 21 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 07:44 PM

Not to the tractor, but built a dump trailer out of and old boat trailer today, still need to attach the bed and sides ,but all the metal and welding is done only have $22 in the whole build Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by n3pht, March 04, 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#919 n3pht OFFLINE  

n3pht

• Member No: 3900
  • 21 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted March 05, 2012 - 07:13 PM

Finished $28 total
Posted Image
Posted Image

#920 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 08:02 PM

Worked on my Allis 716 some late today. Got a new deck lift cable & new key switch installed, wiring all hooked up & working. Hoping to get fuel tank & better back in tomorrow & fired up again. Not much left to do to have her ready to sell.

#921 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 08:56 PM

Put a battery in the SS16 we got last week. Hit the key and the starter sounded like worn out brake pads during a panic stop. Pulled the flywheel cover and the starter shaft had about 1/4" play, pulled the one off the spare engine and it works fine. Tomorrow pull the points box off the spare and install the new points and condenser that came with the tractor. Did check for spark by grounding the wire to the points and it has great fire.

Edited by GTTinkerer, March 07, 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#922 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 10, 2012 - 02:47 PM

Been getting my Allis 716 ready to sell. The 16hp Kohler is just like new. I believe it's a replacement engine. But today I had to adjust the hydro neutral position, install a new steering link ball joint, put the fuel tank & battery back in, replace the ground cable, put webbing on the seat cover, and few other little things. Still need to repair one hood hinge, then she' should be ready. I mowed with it today & it sure does a nice job mowing.

#923 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 03:05 PM

Did some more tuning on the Allis 716, then got the Allis 720 out & altered it to vacuum fuel pump & drove her a bit.

#924 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 08:29 AM

Pulled the carb off the LGT 145 that has been in the shop all winter, Got it cleaned out and put back on, I am going to try and get the 145 running again this weekend, with hopes of putting some parts from the 990 in the e-tank soon. I need to get the 990 put back together.

#925 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 11:21 AM

Pulled the carb off the LGT 145 that has been in the shop all winter, Got it cleaned out and put back on, I am going to try and get the 145 running again this weekend, with hopes of putting some parts from the 990 in the e-tank soon. I need to get the 990 put back together.

You got till Fall to get a plow tractor ready! Hey, do you want me to drop those weights off on my trip to/from KC?
  • Chuck_050382 said thank you

#926 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 08:47 PM

Got something awesome in the mail last Friday. The rebuilt 16 hp. Onan for my Case 446. the rebuild included turning the crankshaft, new connecting rods/pistons, valves, etc. It was wore out, but had the original std. pistons. Finished reinstalling it in the tractor today. I also rebuilt the carberator, flushed out the tranny, and did a complete electrical rewire. The old girl is running great. Gonna give her a tryout this weekend. Taking it and my JD 318 to the woods to turn some dirt on a food plot. Ought to be a hoot!

Edited by JBBR, March 12, 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#927 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 06:52 PM

I pulled the 455aws out of the back shed today and put in in the front garage . that is a sure sign of spring at our house .

Attached Thumbnails

• bothlittletractorsout.jpg

#928 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 08:20 AM

Been getting my Allis 716 ready to sell. The 16hp Kohler is just like new. I believe it's a replacement engine. But today I had to adjust the hydro neutral position, install a new steering link ball joint, put the fuel tank & battery back in, replace the ground cable, put webbing on the seat cover, and few other little things. Still need to repair one hood hinge, then she' should be ready. I mowed with it today & it sure does a nice job mowing.

got any pictures of this 716?

#929 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 11:44 AM

Took the 49 blower & cab off the 314 today:

HPIM2346 (Custom).JPG

HPIM2348 (Custom).JPG

HPIM2349 (Custom).JPG

Put them in the back shed until next Fall:

HPIM2347 (Custom).JPG

HPIM2350 (Custom).JPG

Lowell

#930 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 07:28 PM

I pulled all three spindles off of the mower deck on My White Zero turn, changed all of the bearings, and replaced one of the spindle shafts. Tomorrow I may be sandblasting the underside and putting some fresh paint on the top side too. I'm kicking around the idea of using some bed liner on the underside.