#841 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 14, 2011 - 05:49 AM

Major milestones reached for my MF12 in the last few days Engines out. Most body tin cleaned and primed. Now facing the real test of how to test the
hydro charge pump through the factory 8mm test port before the hydro comes off.

#842 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,631 Thanks
  • 3,922 posts

Posted December 14, 2011 - 10:37 AM

This Original has been sitting in the back of the shop on blocks for five years. I decided I want to do something with it. I'm leaning towards a custom build of some sorts, so I used my cherry picker to move it up to the table on rollers you can see in the background. At least now its at working height and mobile. I spent a lot of time trying to decide what I wanted to do with it. Is that considered progress?
cherrypicker.jpg

#843 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 14, 2011 - 11:24 AM

This Original has been sitting in the back of the shop on blocks for five years. I decided I want to do something with it. I'm leaning towards a custom build of some sorts, so I used my cherry picker to move it up to the table on rollers you can see in the background. At least now its at working height and mobile. I spent a lot of time trying to decide what I wanted to do with it. Is that considered progress?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26508[/ATTACH]

Well, I see a motorcycle wheel there so the choice seems obvious. Mount that wheel out front and make it a chopper 3 wheeler.

Edited by cookiemonster, December 14, 2011 - 11:24 AM.
typo

#844 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,631 Thanks
  • 3,922 posts

Posted December 14, 2011 - 02:57 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooooo That is for my Goldwing.
I am thinking along the lines of a three wheeled tractor tho - maybe something in silver ~~~

#845 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 07:27 AM

Today is the last day of a serious argument I'm having with my 12. Seems she is particularly attached to the steering wheel hub and I prefer to break-up the relationship.
Even loud verbal insults didn't convince her. So today, the hub IS coming off, intact,
in pieces, or in flames. :mad2:

She's got to learn who's the boss.:blush2:

#846 xshooter OFFLINE  

xshooter

• Member No: 2325
  • 34 Thanks
  • 93 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 07:43 AM

Worked on the 318.
Installed 2 new hydraulic couplers on the front and fixed one of the steel lines.
Took the front axle out and re-bushed it and installed a grease zerk on the center pivot.
I installed the 3 pt rock shaft and lower brackets that I got a couple weeks ago. I hope to start building the lower lift arms and lift rods this weekend.

#847 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 08:23 AM

I always liked the 420 , it's a sharp little tractor .

#848 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 12:05 AM

My Cub 100 was feeling a little bit left out. The Bolens H 14 is all dressed up for winter, but she still had a mower deck on her. So, today I took that off and put the snow blade on. She is feeling better. I have a set of chains for the cub too. Now if we could just have some snow......

Someone was asking me about if the holes were wore out in the hood, so I took a pic of that too.

#849 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 03:51 AM

Well, it wasn't my tractor, it was my younger brothers. He recently had rotator cuff sugary so he's a one armed fat boy. Last week he went to use it and found the left rear tire has split and was loosing water and air. Found 2 new 17.5 x 24 tires, they were mounted on Skytrack wheels and were take-offs from the factory. Guy had a warehouse full of them. He wanted $400 each but my brother talked him down to $350 each. The tires weigh 225lbs. each and the wheels 95lbs. First we broke down and removed the new tires from the wheels. Then we went to bring the tractor up to the pad in front of his garage. When we tried to start it the battery exploded. Got a little acid on both of us so we cleaned up and he went to get a new battery. We pulled the left rear and like to never got it off, mounted the new tire and installed it. Will mount and install the other in a couple of weeks.

#850 xshooter OFFLINE  

xshooter

• Member No: 2325
  • 34 Thanks
  • 93 posts

Posted December 25, 2011 - 11:30 AM

Yesterday before Christmas activities I had some time to work on my 3pt lift arms for my 318. I had a some trouble with my welder so the welds aren't real pretty but they'll work, gotta start saving up for the MIG!!!!!! Got them done now all I have left is the lift rods.
2011-12-24_16-17-28_680.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 2011-12-24_12-08-22_161.jpg
  • 2011-12-24_12-19-35_905.jpg

Edited by xshooter, December 25, 2011 - 11:38 AM.

#851 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted December 26, 2011 - 03:07 PM

Looking good xshooter.

#852 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted December 29, 2011 - 09:19 PM

Got a coat Black paint on the old cleaned up steel seat that I'm going to mount on the trailer for my Walk behind. :bounce:Used my electrolysis tank to get the old paint and most of the rust off. Gave a brief going over with the wire wheel in the angle grinder. The off to the green house/paint booth for some paint. In the 40's outside and in the 80' s inside the small greenhouse. Works very well

#853 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 30, 2011 - 01:25 PM

Got a coat Black paint on the old cleaned up steel seat that I'm going to mount on the trailer for my Walk behind. :bounce:Used my electrolysis tank to get the old paint and most of the rust off. Gave a brief going over with the wire wheel in the angle grinder. The off to the green house/paint booth for some paint. In the 40's outside and in the 80' s inside the small greenhouse. Works very well

This thing rocks! Put some photo's in your gallery. I managed to find some in past threads but not much.

#854 Saltydawg OFFLINE  

Saltydawg

• Member No: 7982
  • 3 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted December 31, 2011 - 07:34 PM

I finished getting the tins off of my 109 cub today. Gonna start making the new wiring harness tomorrow. There's lots of things on this tractor that's gonna need attention to get her back into working form, but I got all winter so I'll just keep plugging away at her. In the meantime I'll keep looking for the 3-point parts so I can hang a plow and/or a tiller off her back end.

#855 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted December 31, 2011 - 07:49 PM

/mounted the snowblower on my 318, Decided I had pushed my luck far enough. We only got 2 inches of snow in December and it was 43 the next day.
It was 54 today, so I would not get a better chance, and I've lived in IOwa 62 yrs and know we can't dodge it forever.