#826 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 06:00 PM

After hauling a load of wood from the woodshed out back to the shop with the 314 & 10P cart, I changed the oil & hydraulic fluid in the 314! New filter & sight tube on the Hydro, new drain **** on the oil pan (the style that is on my 420 with the "T" handle). Had to use a street 'L' to clear the front axle mount. ~~ grnspot

#827 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 09:30 PM

I found Punkin a different set of rims for the turf tires that are on her. Now I can put the original lugs on and make her look right. Got them four miles away from home and cheap. Can't ask for better than that. :bounce:

#828 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 04:52 PM

I got two of my Bolens ready for winter duty. The 600 just had its oil checked and I greased it also. The blade was already mounted from closing the temporary drainage ditch that George had made back in September when we had the heavy rain and flooding. The 800 also had its oil checked and was greased. I also greased the blower before mounting it to make getting at the fittings easier. I also removed the tool box and fenders because with the tires on that tractor there is too little clearance when the chains are installed. Both will have chains put on this week.

#829 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 05:43 PM

Sounds like your all set for winter grand.

#830 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 06:03 PM

I'm about as ready as I can get except for the chains Brian. I wouldn't be too upset if we don't get a lot of snow this year. But just enough to get some nice seat time.

#831 wawcub47 OFFLINE  

wawcub47

• Member No: 852
  • 68 Thanks
  • 167 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 09:29 PM

Lets see, saturday my newest junk buddy[married her 44 years ago] hauled in a wheelhorse, a Sears ss12, 2 tillers and a pile of wheels and tires. Put them in"death row", got 3 or 4 more to go get. Today, at work , starting to strip down my tri cycle front 72 cub cadet for paint. I must be the luckiest man in the world. My wife goes with me to bring home junk, and my boss at work lets me work on my project tractors when i'm not busy working for him.I also put the snow blade on my cub cadet 70.

#832 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,611 Thanks
  • 3,911 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 09:36 PM

The right front tire on my Power King 1614 develpoed a leak this summer [again!]so I figured I would get it fixed before I needed it some cold morning to push snow. I put new Titan tri-ribs on a year and a half ago and have had a lot of trouble with that side ever since. It is almost impossible for me to get a tube in there without pinching it because it is so narrow. 400X12 - 4 ply and my fingers don't work like they used to.
Today I decided it was a tubeless setup! I removed the tube, put in a new tubeless stem and aired it up. Hopefully that problem is solved.

#833 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,421 Thanks
  • 39,670 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 03:04 PM

Since it's cold outside, I brought in the 'new' hood for the GTV/16. Thought I would start getting things ready to put it on. Found the best two headlights and washed in soapy water. One needed some repair, so I got out the 2-part 'Plastic Fusion' epoxy. Filled a few spots to make it fit better. Then repainted the area where the bulbs go with some 'aluminum' paint. once that dried enough, taped that off and painted the outside with the Metallic Charcoal that I plan to use for the main color on the tractor. Here's a few picks of the fun I had.
Image006.jpg
Last pick is a before and after. Should look pretty good once everything is done.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image003.jpg
  • Image005.jpg
  • Image002.jpg
  • Image001.jpg
  • Image004.jpg

#834 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 08:39 PM

Looks good Kenny, always good to have a few indoor projects when the weather gets yucky.

#835 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 02:40 PM

changed the oil in the panzer today

#836 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 09:01 AM

changed the oil in the panzer today

Speaking of 1107 Panzers... A guy bought the 7hp engine that came out of my 1107 and paid for it by paypal over a month ago... Including $50 for shipping. Then he said he may want to pick it up and that I could refund the shipping if he did. Now he disappeared. Though I'm sitting with an engine and the payment so I'm not complaining. Just a bit odd. The fact that his ebay profile says he's from San Antonio makes it more odd.

#837 akretowicz OFFLINE  

akretowicz

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2090
  • 148 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 09:18 AM

Putting a stack on the 110 today when it warms up.

#838 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 08:56 AM

Speaking of 1107 Panzers... A guy bought the 7hp engine that came out of my 1107 and paid for it by paypal over a month ago... Including $50 for shipping. Then he said he may want to pick it up and that I could refund the shipping if he did. Now he disappeared. Though I'm sitting with an engine and the payment so I'm not complaining. Just a bit odd. The fact that his ebay profile says he's from San Antonio makes it more odd.

that is odd. Idk did the payment work? see what happens

#839 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 09:03 AM

that is odd. Idk did the payment work? see what happens

Yeah, his payment worked and he paid the shipping which was just as much as the engine itself - about $50 for each.
Then he said to hold off shipping and could I refund that if he picked it up. I said Yes... I could and he said he'd get back to me - that he was looking to come to PA on Dec 10. Here it is Dec 13th and I can't reach him and I'm sitting with a hundred bucks and the engine that very hundred was supposed to buy and ship. Sounded like he was a pretty serious collector. I wouldn't be that trusting with my $ because e-bay releases you from holding the payment after 21 days - which has long passed. But he picked the right guy to be trusting with, I guess.

#840 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, his payment worked and he paid the shipping which was just as much as the engine itself - about $50 for each.
Then he said to hold off shipping and could I refund that if he picked it up. I said Yes... I could and he said he'd get back to me - that he was looking to come to PA on Dec 10. Here it is Dec 13th and I can't reach him and I'm sitting with a hundred bucks and the engine that very hundred was supposed to buy and ship. Sounded like he was a pretty serious collector. I wouldn't be that trusting with my $ because e-bay releases you from holding the payment after 21 days - which has long passed. But he picked the right guy to be trusting with, I guess.

We all sometimes seem to forget: "Do onto others as..........." Wait him out Dean, you are doing the right thing, maybe just an unexpected delay on his part. Karma is a good/bad thing:smilewink: