#811 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 05:43 PM

The M12 Tree project begins: Got it onto jack stands and separated the tractor from its hood and gas tank to see what I'm faced with. First observation was the air filter for the Kohler 10 was never installed as is. Grill and hood location prevents it. Engine does turn so at least that's hopefull. I'll start some metal parts cooking this week. I parked it dead center of the shop so I'll be forced to do something to it every day. With all the rust, I'm gonna need a gallon of WD40, and a ton of Arm & Hammer washing soda.

#812 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,288 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 05:48 PM

Found some alternate wheels for my blower. Also, finished putting the last of Implements away.
had to do some rewiring on my trailer as all the lights decided to lose ground. :wallbanging:

Day was short, but as productive as I could make it... Now to have supper with my family & parents.

#813 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 10:30 PM

Got the swivel wheel mount welded up today. Put the tiller on to go till the gardens. Punkin just wouldn't start no matter what I said to her. I recently power washed her and me thinks some of the electric's got a bit damp. Will start checking it out in the morning. Really didn't end my day on a good note.:mecry:But the welding went real well considering I don't sell myself as a welder. When you weld a couple times a year. It's hard to get good at it.

#814 awol OFFLINE  

awol

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1576
  • 77 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 07:25 AM

I decided to get the Bolens H14 ready for snow, so I removed the deck and was about to mount the blower and noticed the PTO had some play(left to right)on the pulley and upon further investigation the splined shaft was done. I removed the PTO and belts on my G14(first time :confuse:)and installed it on the H14.All went well as I don't use the PTO on the G14, just the plow blade. It's a good thing I noticed it when I did or I would have had to change it in the snow.

#815 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 08:32 PM

Pulled the cover on the points expecting water to run out. Nope it was dry as a bone or there abouts. Pull flywheel cover to see if anything was amiss there. Nope other than being dirty. Went to see my favorite small engine mechanic and took along the point and condenser in hopes he might have one. Nope didn't have one. He looked at them and suggested what I had pretty much decided to do. Take a point file to the points check the capacitor and put it back together and cross my fingers, say a little prayer and see what happens. Haven't got that far. Stay tuned, tomorrow I will get it back together. So that is what I did to the engine on Punkin.

The one thing I've been obsessed with got my attention for the rest of the day and is to the point of needing paint to finish. Couldn't help myself took a couple of pictures to share. If it stays warm enough tomorrow I may just get some paint on it. At least the first coat. Now for pictures.
Bracket showing clearance..jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Swivel wheel base ready to paint..jpg

#816 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 15, 2011 - 05:31 PM

Took the gas tank off of my Cub Cadet 123, stripped it down, and primed it. Also stripped and primed the 3-point tool bar and a couple of cultivator shanks that go on my Speedex 1631. Also reminded myself that I need to find a local machine shop that can help me finish disassembling my Cub's #1 tiller. I need some bearings pulled off of a couple of shafts, and need one side of the tiller's tine shaft pulled off of the drive shaft. It's grown on pretty good. Once that's all done, I can get some new bearings and start putting the tiller back together. I really miss that thing!

#817 Chappy OFFLINE  

Chappy

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6864
  • 3 Thanks
  • 28 posts
  • Location: Prince Edward County Ontario, Canada,, the Island community

Posted November 18, 2011 - 05:39 PM

Well today seemed like a good day to put the blower on the MF12. So thats what I started to do. I followed the instructions to a T and just like the manual said everything fit together great,,,, except I forgot to put the drive belt onto the driven pulley under the frame. So Without a word or throwing anything , I calmly said Thats enough for today. Tomorrow I'll loosen up the mounting posts and slide the blower back towards the frame just enough to get the belt on, then reverse the procedure and adjust the belt tension.
It would have been easier if I made the adjustment first, but life is all about learning, even with garden tractors.
Ever notice that a bad day with GT's is better than a good day at work. lol

Chappy

#818 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,684 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted November 18, 2011 - 07:00 PM

I got to work on the Bolens Versa -Matic today. I will post the video in the Bolens Forum :D

#819 Blazer OFFLINE  

Blazer

• Member No: 5894
  • 29 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 05:16 PM

101_1747.jpg
I like the look... But I have a long way to go to the finish line.

#820 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 06:16 PM

Got them ready for snow.

http://gardentractor...let-snow-10537/

#821 zr600 OFFLINE  

zr600

• Member No: 4208
  • 1 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted November 20, 2011 - 01:09 AM

Friday i put my 49 blower on, and chains, and loaded the rear tires on my 300 with 6 gallons of ww fluid in each rear tire. I also have 50lbs wheel weights think this will be enough?

#822 70Blazer OFFLINE  

70Blazer

• Member No: 6187
  • 10 Thanks
  • 61 posts

Posted November 20, 2011 - 01:05 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25039[/ATTACH]
I like the look... But I have a long way to go to the finish line.

Looks like a nice project...

#823 ihguy OFFLINE  

ihguy

• Member No: 406
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted November 29, 2011 - 08:58 AM

Hopeing to get the pto clutch back in my 129 & hook up the snowblower

#824 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted November 29, 2011 - 07:42 PM

Put the 54 blade & 3-pt weight bracket on the 420 today;

HPIM2231 (640x478).jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• HPIM2230 (640x478).jpg

#825 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 07:46 AM

On Tuesday I decided to upgrade the Bolens 1600H with a little more weight, different tires and different chains. I made and used this weight last winter and it worked okay. 1129112204.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 1128101628.jpg
  • 1229101134.jpg

Edited by Tinkerer, December 03, 2011 - 07:53 AM.