Chappy

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6864
  • 3 Thanks
  • 28 posts
  • Location: Prince Edward County Ontario, Canada,, the Island community

Posted October 28, 2011 - 03:08 PM

Today was the 3rd day of one of those days.
I did however finally get the B&S 8 hp engine out of the donor tractor.
Took 3 days, but finally had to grind the pulleys down so it woulf fit through the deck.
Now I will try to get the remainder of the pulleys and shaft off the crank end without damaging anything.
Tried pullers, heat, and release agents. Hoping I don't have to resort to the grinder to thin out the pulley cooler.
Funny thing is , the retaining bolt came off with no problem.
Chappy

#782 danfriday OFFLINE  

danfriday

• Member No: 6510
  • 1 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted October 30, 2011 - 07:10 AM

Put front and rear markers lights and reflectors on her and an additional headlight on cab the other day. Today she may get a radio installed. Just bought a radio for my motorcycle and sent the amp back for a new one and they returned 2 back to me. Might as well put it to good use.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#783 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted October 31, 2011 - 05:59 PM

Yesterday I serviced my two 1650 Snapper tractors with blowers on them and have them ready for snow duty. One of them has the three point hitch on it and I have a rear blade made to scrape snow and ice away from the house.
snow removal 002.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• snow removal 001.jpg

#784 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 02:17 PM

I managed to get the M12jacked up and inflatable tires put on the rear so it would roll. Couldn't get the hydro to by- pass, so I wedged it forward out of the way of my LX176 JD that needs an engine swap fast. Couldn't get the "new engine" to crank yet as there are several wires cut,PTO switch missing and seat/seat switch missing so I 'll have to look for a wiring diagram for the donor 170. I'd really like to start it in its "home" machine before pulling it.

#785 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 07:45 AM

Changed the oil in the LGT 165, then cleaned its carb, and greased the front end.

#786 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 09:54 AM

Got the quick release trailer, wagon, rope hitch installed. Even made a wrench to fit the nut that holds the modified ATV ball hitch on the quick hitch bracket. It has a 8" swivel caster under it to take the weight of the trailer tongue. Very happy with it so far. Now I need to paint it. (The tractor needs a good cleaning also)

Attached Thumbnails

• Tractor with information.jpg

#787 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 10:24 AM

Got the quick release trailer, wagon, rope hitch installed. Even made a wrench to fit the nut that holds the modified ATV ball hitch on the quick hitch bracket. It has a 8" swivel caster under it to take the weight of the trailer tongue. Very happy with it so far. Now I need to paint it. (The tractor needs a good cleaning also)

That's a neat "slide-in" attachment there!

#788 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 08:22 PM

That is a great idea. :thumbs:

#789 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted November 04, 2011 - 07:59 AM

Installed the hydraulic hoses that the local Napa made for me and I now have hydraulic lift on the snowblower I installed last weekend. I might get ready before the first storm hits us.:bigrofl:

#790 n3pht OFFLINE  

n3pht

• Member No: 3900
  • 21 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 04:19 PM

Made a new gas tank mount for a plastic tank ,seeing as the old metal tank sprung a leak in more than one place . Now if I could only find a plow for the front :)

#791 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted November 06, 2011 - 05:16 PM

Made it one step closer to the M12. The JD engine - swap is done and running and the donor is out the door. Got to solve a problem with the PTO switch killing the engine when the switch is engaged, then the super-clean deck goes on, the twin bagger off a junk Cub 1002 will help me clean the leaves and pine needles. 3 days in New Orleans this week, then its all M12.---Gettin'anxious---LeeB:(

#792 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted November 06, 2011 - 07:21 PM

Found a new set of bolts and slightly larger washers for Ryan's MF10 and the replacement starter belt pulley on the flywheel.

Used blue locktite on them, plus lock washers. Everything went together well and it started right up.
Since we had the cover off, I shot it with MF Flint gray. Looks much better.

#793 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,122 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 08:52 PM

I got the MF8E in the shop a couple weeks ago but finally got to tweak the carb to smooth it out some. Aired up the tires. Fortunately there hasn't been any snow to speak of, so my procrastination didn't become an emergency! I changed the oil at the end of last season so thats good. I think I will take the wheel weights off of the MF12 and put 'em on the 8E since it's the snow pusher and I haven't had a chance to tinker with the snowblower that came with the MF12.

Later---DAC

Attached Thumbnails

• MF 8E 11-9-11 004.jpg

Edited by MFDAC, November 09, 2011 - 08:58 PM.

#794 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted November 10, 2011 - 12:31 AM

I ordered a couple of B&S voltage rectifier and they came in today. I replaced one on my Bolens Eliminator 1600. The old voltage regulator used to charge for a few minutes and then stop charging for awhile and then start charging again. This was a pain when blowing snow and needing to use the headlights while also powering the electric PTO clutch. The other regulator is for another tractor that I need to pull the motor to see if it needs a regulator or just needs the wires repaired from mouse damage.

#795 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 02:51 AM

Brought the Sears SS12 into the shop, and took off the sickle bar mower. That went well.
Mounted the winch on the front, and wired up the remote control with plugs. That went well
Removed front wheels, and put the skis on, as they're calling for snow and I'm anxious to try it out. That went well

Went to install a new start/gen belt. That's when the trouble began.
I noticed the start/gen adjustment bracket was loose. There is no way to get at the nut under the gas tank/battery tray, with
the gas tank or dash board in the way. So, I drained the gas, and removed the tank. Then got the ignition switch out of the way, and
was able to get my hand and wrench on that nut, and tighten up the bracket. Now that the bracket was tight, that really changed
the position of the start/gen with the new belt. I wondered about the wires connected to the start/gen at that point, but there is
no way to get at them with the tank/battery tray in place. So I put the tank back on, added fuel and attempted to start her up.
I heard that arcing sound, and then nothing. I suspected bad connections at the start/gen. Fuel out again, and tank off again.
Those bolts holding the tank/battery tray had never been removed. Wrestled with that for some time, and finally got
to the start/gen. Yep loose connections. The positive terminal, was so badly rusted, and welded, I knew what was coming
next as soon as I saw it.
And now the starter/gen has a broken stud.
Taking it to auto electric shop, but I guess I won't be tractor/snowmobiling today.