2305 replies to this topic

#766 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 11:37 PM

Put a new "heart" in it! Dropped the rebuilt engine in the Deere 316K today!

#767 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 02:15 PM

Changed out the primary and secondary air filters and changed the engine oil in the 2320 today. I only have the coolant change left and all the major maintenance is done for the next 2 years.

#768 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted October 18, 2011 - 08:53 PM

Started to install a tool box on the transmission cover of Monty (new name for the beast) the Wards/Simplicity walk behind of mine. Well before taking any real measurements. I went down stairs and started putting it on the way it looked good. Took it back out to install it and found out the Air Cleaner wouldn't let it bolt back together. So now I will take measurements and do it right. That was the first problem of the day. After the toolbox no go I decided to get out the pressure washer and blow off some of the old grease and dirt. Get it down to some Orange paint under all the crude. Hooked up the washer to the water line hit the switch and I had water coming out of everywhere on the handle except for the end where it is supposed to. Well another lesson learned today. You should always drain the hose of water after getting through. Water in the winter has a funny way of doing some serious damage to things when it freezes as it does here in northern IL. So I ordered a replacement handle for it today. So all in all it was not one of my better days. Learned a lot of stuff I should have already learned back in grade school. Guess that's life. Live and Learn, but please try to remember it.

#769 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted October 19, 2011 - 07:24 AM

Added seafoam to the tank of te Cub 1210 and then topped it off, and tucked it in until spring or until I have time to clean it up this winter (not likely).
Posted Image
also did some re-aranging in the barn, and test to make sure I could get the tractors in 2 wide.
Posted Image

#770 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted October 19, 2011 - 06:00 PM

The break/clutch spring on the Snapper 1600 broke when I was plowing my garden. When I got the tractor it was broken and the PO used some tie wire on the forward end to make it work. I bought a new spring from Partstree in Austin and installed it so I was surprised when it broke today. Ordered a new one from Jack's Small Engines (cheaper) and then made a loop from tie wire and finished plowing.

#771 littlelenny OFFLINE  

littlelenny

• Member No: 7016
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted October 20, 2011 - 05:26 AM

I oiled and cleaned 316 and primed and put away for winter.

#772 slingblade OFFLINE  

slingblade

• Member No: 4072
  • 2 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 12:39 AM

I put some new bolts into the dash of my Snapper 1650, removed the cutting deck and the hood from it and pondered drilling the input shaft and coupler. Soaked the fan set screw with seafoam deepcreep..it's seized solid. Looked at the carb on the Snapper 1855 and priced out an Onan carb kit on ebay.

#773 Blazer OFFLINE  

Blazer

• Member No: 5894
  • 29 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 05:08 PM

Today I got one of the 314s in the garage and put the air duct on the front of the engine I had bought for it in May. I also put some missing bolts back in that have been gone since before I got it. Then I got one of my 140s out of the trailer and got it in and put the 3 point hitch on it that I have had for a few months. I also stripped a 317 frame of extra parts that I have had for a while. Good day in the garage!

#774 70Blazer OFFLINE  

70Blazer

• Member No: 6187
  • 10 Thanks
  • 61 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 07:30 PM

Changed out fluids, replaced some missing bolts and bought a mid mount grader blade...

#775 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 10:48 AM

Finally got front bearings cleaned, repacked and tightened up on the PK between Sat evening and yesterday afternoon. Took care of the bit of wheel wobble that had started to annoy me.

#776 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted October 27, 2011 - 08:01 PM

Well I got the GT3000 ready to play in the snow. We don't have any yet and I'm not really looking for any to play in yet either. I am however ready to go. Got the wheel weights on, the chains on, and the plow mounted and all secured with the proper clevis pins and hairpins. Seems as if I forgot a couple last year.:D So one more thing off of the to do list. Also finished the fabrication of the hitch adapter for the Jackson Lawn cart. I can now pull it around and sit in comfort. :smile1:Here's a picture.

Tractor and cart.jpg

#777 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted October 27, 2011 - 08:17 PM

Drove my Bush Hog JB diesel into the shop to get it & my plow ready for the "maybe rained out plow day" this Saturday. Got the plow ready and all I like on the JB is slipping the left rear wheel weights back on. Got sidelined by farm work, so didn't get all finished. If the ground looks tomorrow like it will be good for Saturday plowing, I'll have to finish it up tomorrow night.

#778 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted October 27, 2011 - 09:50 PM

Discovered that the loader bucket makes a pretty good temporary welding table. Can't seem to keep the regular welding table clean and this moves to where it is needed. Easy to clean off also, just tilt and it's clean :smilewink:

#779 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted October 28, 2011 - 07:53 AM

This morning I cleaned the carb on the Ford lgt 165 and drained the oil. will put fresh oil in this afternoon.

#780 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted October 28, 2011 - 11:31 AM