lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,746 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted September 24, 2011 - 10:18 PM

got the EZ-rake thatcher out and did about fourth of the yard. Tried thatching under a big Walnut tree the motor stop, the flywheel key on the 5hp sheared. replaced the key and then I raked up the walnuts by hand from all the yard and got half a pickup load. still a lot of walnuts on the trees. then back to the thatching did about fourth of the yard and the wife wanted to go out to eat. I said after I Vac the the yard that I thatched. she sweep the yard with the sweeper, no I was going to mower and powerflow vac the area I thatched. should like the powerflow a lot better than the sweeper.

#753 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 11:25 PM

got the EZ-rake thatcher out and did about fourth of the yard. Tried thatching under a big Walnut tree the motor stop, the flywheel key on the 5hp sheared. replaced the key and then I raked up the walnuts by hand from all the yard and got half a pickup load. still a lot of walnuts on the trees. then back to the thatching did about fourth of the yard and the wife wanted to go out to eat. I said after I Vac the the yard that I thatched. she sweep the yard with the sweeper, no I was going to mower and powerflow vac the area I thatched. should like the powerflow a lot better than the sweeper.

That must be a lot of walnuts to just shear a key like that!
What my tractor did to me today... or more like yesterday. Was drilling a motor mount and not being safe enough. Drill twisted and cut open the back of my knuckle. 4 stitches, but no biggie. Was back to working on it today...

#754 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 07:32 AM

Changed the oil on the new chipper vac, cleaned debris from the blower area.

#755 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 06:13 PM

I was working on wiring on this today. IMG_0409.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0403.jpg
  • IMG_0408.jpg

#756 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,746 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 11:07 PM

got the throttle shift out of of the carb. went to the hardware store and got two new 3-48 SS screws with lock washers and two thrust washers 1/4" id and 7/16"od. push the two thrust washers in then put the throttle shaft in and the two screws in with Lock tight.
cost for the two 3-48SS screws -$0.20 each, 2 lock washers - $0.08 each, 2 thrust washers - $0.80 each, Lock tight - $7.50.
cheap fix to fix the throttle shaft play - $2.30 with tax. Now to get the other 3 carbs fixed

#757 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 02:42 PM

Went to mow the yard with the Kubota G4200H. Kept dying down to a slow speed, then finally stalled out. Started right back up, but very sluggish. Took the fuuel line off & NO fuel flow at all. I worried the electric pump went out, but ended up just the filter. I didn't want to take the wheel weight off to remove the wheel to gain access to the filter, so I just took the fender assembly off. Glad I did, as the hydro finning needed a good cleaning. Back together & just finished my yard. Mowing like a new one!

#758 70Blazer OFFLINE  

70Blazer

• Member No: 6187
  • 10 Thanks
  • 61 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 04:50 PM

I removed the mower deck so that I could clean it up, re-position the blades so they weren't crashing into each other, tightened the belts, new grease and took some mental notes for some missing nuts and bolts screws and such. Then I waxed a small spot on the hood to see what it would come out like...it could probably use a paint job:D

#759 TerryD OFFLINE  

TerryD

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5916
  • 132 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 07:33 AM

Replaced the pos battery cable. Still looking for a suitable neg cable.

#760 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 10:03 PM

Had to check out a low rear tire. Found out that it was so weathered that it was leaking from way too many places. It is either tube it or get new tires. I'm opting for new tires as I want to fill them with fluid for weight. Will I was out and about today I stopped at the local Sears store to order a Sleeve hitch for the GT. I was shocked and amazed they had one in stock. So will I had the girl up on blocks without the rear tires I decided to install the hitch. Very smooth install. Put the Ohio Steel plow and lifted and lowered it a few times. Very impressive. I'll post a picture of it later. I actually got something done on it. Can't wait to get it in the ground. Me feel good:yelclap:

#761 shredwad OFFLINE  

shredwad

• Member No: 6747
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted October 07, 2011 - 01:52 PM

Spent forever trying to remove the drive sprocket on my JD 49 Snowblower so I could remove the auger to clean up the rust and paint behind it.

#762 shredwad OFFLINE  

shredwad

• Member No: 6747
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted October 07, 2011 - 01:53 PM

...I ended up cutting it off of there and ordering a 34T Sprocket to put on to increase the auger spin speed.

#763 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 09, 2011 - 12:15 PM

Yesterday I was greeted by a 120 with great spark but it would not fire. Sprayed some carb cleaner and it sputtered to life until it ran out so I disassembled the carb I rebuilt less than a month ago and cleaned it up again. Once back together it fired right up and I adjusted the carb again. I hope the crap in the tank from sitting before I got it is almost gone.

Either there is bunch of dirt in it that is getting past the fuel filter or it is the quirky Walbro carb that is on it...:wallbanging:

#764 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted October 09, 2011 - 09:14 PM

Took the Bolens HT20D and started to put the loader and backhoe on.Got the backhoe on and the loader now a new muffler and a couple small things and it will be done.

#765 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted October 10, 2011 - 08:35 PM

Well today I finally got some fluid added to the rear tires on the GT3000. Under estimated the amount it needed. Got in 4 gal and realized I might be able to get in 2 more per tire. That will happen later. Used my Solar pumping station to accomplish the task. It word slick as a whistle.