• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted June 26, 2011 - 05:43 PM

I really tried to get some thing done today, but the heat won out. Guess that's why no one else has done anything.

#617 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 26, 2011 - 06:24 PM

Just honed & mic'd the Allis 720 cylinders and chased the threads for the head bolts.....that's it.

#618 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted June 26, 2011 - 06:33 PM

A 6:00 it was 100 degrees here. Might get down to 78 by 5:00 A. M.

#619 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted June 26, 2011 - 06:36 PM

Hey Guys,
Just an idea that I use, and seems to work good when painting rims or any parts. I installed an oven in the garage, and heat my parts up before painting. Bare parts are placed in the oven set at 250 degrees, for about five minutes (You don't want the parts to reach the 250 degrees, just warming them up a bit) After removing them, I let cool slightly for about three minutes, and start applying primer. If the paint starts to bubble or sizzle, you didn't let cool long enough. After the primer is touchable, I then put the parts back in the oven for two additional minutes (times vary due to actual part size. Small parts heat quicker than larger parts). I use the same method for already primed parts, waiting for top coats. Caution: You can't let the parts in too long, or set the oven temperature higher, or the applied paint will start to bubble or sizzle. Also, when the parts are in the oven, I always keep the oven door cracked open, which helps the parts not to reach the ovens highest temperature, and also to help with fume control. It takes some practice, so I recommend trying this method on practice pieces first. I'd really hate to see you try this on a finish product, without practice, and end up burning your finished piece. The last thing I do when the parts are removed from the oven, part is cooled, and paint is touchable, I then spray a light, gentle coating of water over the part, and pat dry with a piece of brown paper bag (as found in grocery stores). Try it, and let me know how you made out. I have never had any problems with peeling, or adhesion since.

#620 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted June 27, 2011 - 05:44 AM

Guys, don't try this in Mommas oven, she might put you in there with the parts.:bigrofl::bigrofl:
Turn your heat down to about 125-150. Just warm will help a lot, especially during the cooler time of the year.

#621 KIRO-1 OFFLINE  

KIRO-1

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2451
  • 40 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted June 27, 2011 - 06:23 AM

Hand raked and hauled 40 loads of leaves and other crap today from a hilly section of my property to the compost pile yesterday. Gave the MF12 a good work out. Guessing that I have another 40 loads to go from the hill. Just imagine I used to do this with the dogs!!

#622 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted June 27, 2011 - 07:24 AM

Replaced some screws that hold the air cleaner on the Ford LGT 165 on saturday. Then I put tubes in my yard trailer's tires, they wouldn't hold air long enough to make a trip back and forth across the yard.

#623 akretowicz OFFLINE  

akretowicz

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2090
  • 148 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted June 27, 2011 - 07:40 AM

Cleaned and repainted the engine panels on the Huskee. Cleaned the engine. Ordered a new condensor for the Rugg project.

#624 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted June 28, 2011 - 05:47 AM

Hand raked and hauled 40 loads of leaves and other crap today from a hilly section of my property to the compost pile yesterday. Gave the MF12 a good work out. Guessing that I have another 40 loads to go from the hill. Just imagine I used to do this with the dogs!!

Bet the dogs are real happy to see the tractor hauling that stuff.

#625 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 28, 2011 - 06:12 AM

Got the engine back in the 314. Spent the day getting the engine assembled, verifying the timing with the flywheel marks, cleaning the connectors in the wiring harness, installing coil and condenser, installing the repaired drive shaft, installing covers on the engine except for the top -I need to re-torque the new Head gasket. Checked the fastener torque on the new motor mount, Cleaned and painted a rusty motor mount bracket, installed a new governor lever, assembled the choke and throttle linkages, Cleaned the carb, installed carb kit and gasket, set adjustments to factory defaults and installed on engine, finished building and installing a seat switch, installed the fuel tank with new lines and shut off valve and a bunch of stuff I can't remember. I just had time to drop the engine into the frame before getting called in to a late supper.
All in all a good day.

#626 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 03:57 AM

Haven't had a lot of tractor time lately, and almost no seat time. I did manage to pick up a load of parts for the MF12h I want to put together. One thing at a time, Ashtabula Ohio show this weekend. Taking the Sears Suburban and the GTT sign with some cards. Probably be a self-help thing some of the time tho.

#627 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 09:16 AM

Starting putting parts back on the k321 in the lgt 145 that I had used to try and get the k341 in the lgt165 going over the winter when I was having problems with it. Got the coil and the condenser put back on, but can't find the nuts to fasten the wires to the coil. Put the charger on the battery. I am planning on degreasing the 145 tonight with hopes of having it running by the end of the weekend. Last fall it was running rough and got parked.

#628 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 05:19 PM

I got all the parts de-greased on the estate keeper

#629 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 05:41 PM

Did some on the CCKA engine out of the Allis 720. Got the valves lapped on one cylinder, new intake valve seal & valves/springs re-installed. Might get the other side done in a bit. Also, the full pump wouldn't allow air to pass, so took the pump apart & un-stuck the check valves. Seems the pump is still in working order now.

#630 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted July 01, 2011 - 10:08 PM

Did some touchup painting and cleaning on the 100 and the 73. Gotta get em ready for a show this weekend and a parade on monday.