• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 07:57 AM

I soaked my split up MF1855's seat with rain. The storm rolled up while milking the cows. It'll be days drying that seat out now! Need to get a good seat, and stop leaving it in the rain! LOL

#557 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 08:02 AM

:bigrofl:I can relate to that. Not fun sitting in a wet seat all day.

#558 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 01:07 PM

For your viewing enjoyment I decided to put these pics here. I got the 26X12's this morning and put them next to both candidates. Since I was a bit leery of putting them on the Ford due to tiller u-joint issues, I have them on the GTV/16. That's about like going from a donut to a pair of BIG slicks. LOL But they are on and my thanks to Ducky for the tires and Pumpkintoter for getting them to me. I will get a pair of tubes for them before long, but I don't have to worry about a blowout anymore. Check this out!
Image005 (Small).jpg

I don't have a lot of clearance at the top of the tires to fender, maybe 1/2-3/4". But they fit. The GTV had more fender clearance than the Ford. They don't look too bad on the 7" wide rims, but wider may shorten them some. How's that for filling up the fender well?

Attached Thumbnails

• Image003 (Small).jpg
  • Image001 (Small).jpg
  • Image004 (Small).jpg
  • Image002 (Small).jpg

#559 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 01:13 PM

Kenny,those look good on there.:thumbs:
  • KennyP said thank you

#560 pumpkintoter OFFLINE  

pumpkintoter

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2629
  • 11 Thanks
  • 181 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 01:31 PM

kenny those tires look alot better on that tractor than they did in my sleeper lol.. but looks awesome man
  • KennyP said thank you

#561 mike165 OFFLINE  

mike165

• Member No: 2973
  • 6 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 02:38 PM

nice tires kenny. they would have probably rubed on the ford. i like em jacked up lol. :thumbs:
  • KennyP said thank you

#562 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 05:29 AM

When it comes time to put tubes in, I am going to try bolting one of the Sears wheels on the Ford to see if it would work.

#563 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted May 24, 2011 - 05:08 PM

I thought I had put a side view of those BIG tires on here. Guess I didn't. Here ya go.
Image008 (Small).jpg

#564 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted May 24, 2011 - 09:05 PM

Kenny I am proud of you.
They really look good. Use little air or widen the rims.
I think they belong on the ford but you make that call.
So happy:rocker2::beer:

For your viewing enjoyment I decided to put these pics here. I got the 26X12's this morning and put them next to both candidates. Since I was a bit leery of putting them on the Ford due to tiller u-joint issues, I have them on the GTV/16. That's about like going from a donut to a pair of BIG slicks. LOL But they are on and my thanks to Ducky for the tires and Pumpkintoter for getting them to me. I will get a pair of tubes for them before long, but I don't have to worry about a blowout anymore. Check this out!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14993[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14995[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14994[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14997[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14996[/ATTACH]

I don't have a lot of clearance at the top of the tires to fender, maybe 1/2-3/4". But they fit. The GTV had more fender clearance than the Ford. They don't look too bad on the 7" wide rims, but wider may shorten them some. How's that for filling up the fender well?

• KennyP said thank you

#565 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted May 24, 2011 - 09:10 PM

I'll see if the Sears wheels will fit and find out if they might rub. The Sears had more clearance than the Ford. I'm very happy, too. I will need tubes, right hand tire is losing air. Work has been getting in the way of my tractor time.

#566 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,268 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted May 24, 2011 - 11:59 PM

Worked late, then fixed our dryer, planted beans and helped with yard sale stuff.

In the extra time I managed to get the bad steering arm off the GT5000. The tie rods aren't replaceable on it, but the next time it fails, I will cut and put some threads on it, but for now the torch, punch, and ball peen hammer closed the slop up. Silly design really, no way to get oil in because of the rubber boot and the hole just collects water. Before closing the holes I drilled holes for the water to get out. One of those hour jobs that really needed done...now off the list.

#567 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted May 25, 2011 - 04:38 PM

Work sucks, at least until payday. I can't get time with the tractors. When I get home, I'm wasted. I'm getting too old to be doing this kind of stuff. But the money helps to buy goodies for them, so I guess I'll show up tomorrow.

#568 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 25, 2011 - 07:38 PM

Well, I wasted several hours trying to get the HH60 to run for me...I know that it was tinker time, but it's frustrating when you don't accomplish anything at all! I suppose I managed to narrow it down to what I think is a carb problem. I have spark, and compression, and waaaaaaaaaaay too much fuel! It's spitting out of the muffler! Oh well, better luck tomorrow...or the next time I have "free" time.

#569 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 25, 2011 - 08:19 PM

I brought the Snapper 1655 I sold to a coworker home the other day because it destroyed the belts. Took the pulleys off the shafts and cut new grooves with the dremel tool for the retaining rings to sit and lock in better. I don't think the pulleys are moving this time.

Once I get it out of the garage it will be time to start working on the Cub Cadet 122 and make it in to a pulling tractor for my little girl.

#570 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted May 25, 2011 - 09:10 PM

This afternoon I decided to tackle the 42" mowing deck for my Sears SS12. The mowing deck hasn't been used in a few years and needed some TLC. I straightened out the dent and kinks in the deck. I also removed the belt cover and replaced the bushings and mounting hardware in the two belt tensioners. When I replaced the cover I put all new bolts in. I also reattached the slide foot on the discharge side, replaced a couple grease fittings and the greased it. Hopefully tomorrow I will get the blades off and sharpened and mount the deck on the tractor and get it leveled up the best I can since some holes are a little worn for being 40+ years old.