#511 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,445 Thanks
  • 2,447 posts

Posted May 09, 2011 - 01:33 PM

Changed to oil in the 74-112 & 83-420 this morning, will wash them this afternoon. ~~ grnspot

#512 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 31,351 Thanks
  • 41,564 posts

Posted May 09, 2011 - 04:20 PM

Got the charcoal on the seat pan where I wanted, waiting for mounts to ship. Ran the Onan some and changed the oil again. Other than that I chilled.

#513 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,382 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted May 09, 2011 - 06:50 PM

Just got done 2 tone painting a couple rims with new 23x8.5x12 trupowers on them.(for a Massey 12H)

#514 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 07:42 PM

Managed to get a little "therapy" time in today! I pulled the main drive pulley off of the 8 HP Briggs engine that was installed on my Wheel Horse Commando 6 and installed it on the HH60 that's still on the bench. Then I pulled the Briggs off of the tractor and set it aside for now. I also installed the fuel line on the HH60, but alas, I have no hose clamps. I'll have to get some of those when i go to pick up the parts for the push mower on Friday. Lastly, I threw a coat of primer on the "new" air cleaner assembly for the HH60.

#515 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,707 Thanks
  • 1,926 posts

Posted May 12, 2011 - 02:44 AM

Managed to get a little "therapy" time in today! I pulled the main drive pulley off of the 8 HP Briggs engine that was installed on my Wheel Horse Commando 6 and installed it on the HH60 that's still on the bench. Then I pulled the Briggs off of the tractor and set it aside for now. I also installed the fuel line on the HH60, but alas, I have no hose clamps. I'll have to get some of those when i go to pick up the parts for the push mower on Friday. Lastly, I threw a coat of primer on the "new" air cleaner assembly for the HH60.

Sounds like a very productive day. But as someone who has gotten use to garden tractors, what is a push mower ? Is that when your tractor runs out of gas and you have to push it ?

#516 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted May 12, 2011 - 09:58 PM

Today I mounted the tiller onto the Bolens 1600H. I also removed the weight box, the snow blower and swapped the studded tires out on the Bolens 1220. Maybe tomorrow I will get a mowing deck or two out and onto a tractor. Got to till the in-laws garden first though.

#517 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 12, 2011 - 10:04 PM

Sounds like a very productive day. But as someone who has gotten use to garden tractors, what is a push mower ? Is that when your tractor runs out of gas and you have to push it ?

:bigrofl::bigrofl: Close Grand! That's a miniature version of a tractor with no drive wheels that you give to your teenage son to push around and cut the "small" parts that you can't get at with the full size version!
  • KennyP said thank you

#518 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 31,351 Thanks
  • 41,564 posts

Posted May 13, 2011 - 04:01 AM

I don't have one of those push thingys. Too much like work. If the weed wacker can't get it, it gets a dose of ground clear medicine.

#519 jhn9840 ONLINE  

jhn9840

• Member No: 10
  • 170 Thanks
  • 217 posts

Posted May 13, 2011 - 04:06 PM

Got a set of Carlisle Turf Savers mounted and put on the back of the DYT4000. Didn't have a chance to take a ride. T-Storms hit and it has been raining cats and dogs all afternoon. Flash Flooding in the area.

jhn9840
John

#520 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted May 13, 2011 - 11:57 PM

:bigrofl: That's a good one Grand!
I was thinking it was what you called to tractor when in got stuck in the mud trying to mow even though it won't stop raining...
But after doing some research, I found out it's a componet piece to weld several together and pull behind the tractor as a gang mower. :thumbs:

#521 greencoach47 OFFLINE  

greencoach47

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 3236
  • 8 Thanks
  • 85 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 01:28 AM

I pulled and drain my transaxle today for restore. I also desided today that Sunday is work on tractor day, every week, she just does not know it yet.:laughingteeth:

#522 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 07:05 AM

I didn't actually get to work on my Sears SS12 but I went and picked up my parts I got off of Ebay. I got a full set of front spindles for it since I damaged one last Friday while skidding logs. I also picked up a set of top adjustable links that I was missing from my mowing deck and the guy asked me if I needed some rims and so I picked up some 23-8.50x12 rims with tires. I now have a contact for when I need more Sears SS12 parts and he is only 30 minutes away. Maybe I will install the spindles and the clutch arm today.

#523 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 28,446 Thanks
  • 29,126 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 08:34 AM

:bigrofl::bigrofl: Close Grand! That's a miniature version of a tractor with no drive wheels that you give to your teenage son to push around and cut the "small" parts that you can't get at with the full size version!

The small parts of the lawn that can't be mowed with the GT? Huh. I guess my brand of push mower is "Roundup".

#524 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 31,351 Thanks
  • 41,564 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 01:54 PM

Got the Ford back together, pics are in my thread.

#525 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,174 Thanks
  • 1,480 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 06:42 PM

Brought the MF 1655 into the shop changed the engine oil and oil filter,checked it over and then installed the mmm so it'll be ready to go to cut grass in the next day or so,Larry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: with your tractor, to your tractor