• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 11:27 AM

Chuck, if this is the anti-diesel solenoid, you can live without it as long as you idle down 1/2 a minute before shutting down. You just have to grind the tip down on the solenoid that shuts off the jet, then disconnect the wire.

#467 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 11:30 AM

that's the part. It is around $90-100 for that little part. Was wondering if i could get around it.

#468 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 04:43 PM

just about got done mowing the yard yesterday afternoon and the 318 went to poppin and back firing . after checkin things out i found that the points must be the points that it came with it new . well they was in very bad shape so i stopped at our local stealership and got new points and condenser . $58.00 for POINTS AND CONDENSER . WOW:( . but now it is runnin better than it ever has

#469 Meangreen OFFLINE  

Meangreen

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 31
  • 94 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 09:34 PM

Spent some more time on the brackets that I need to mount the blade on the JD430. Daniel is helping with the cutting which is really speeding things up. These brackets will let me mount the blade without having to take off the deck. If I need to do some serious work with the blade the deck will come off of course, but if I need to do some quick grading all I will have to do is mount the blade... :orangecool:

Edited by olcowhand, April 26, 2011 - 03:59 PM.
another typo... lol

#470 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted April 26, 2011 - 03:49 PM

Got my grille painted for the Ford today. Hopefully, pics tomorrow. Fixed a few other small things whilst the engine is out. Glued some rubber where the plastic fuel tank goes. Just a bunch of small things that needed some attention.

#471 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 09:30 AM

Yestersday I re-torqued the head bolts on the lgt 165 since it had been ran some since I fixed it.

#472 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 05:04 PM

Posted pics of grille in my thread. Got my goodies to finish putting the K341 together. I have it bolted in, will finish hooking things up tomorrow morning and fire it off. Just to double check myself, I put a ring in the cylinder and checked gap. Well within tolerances. Adjusted the valves, both were a little loose. I put some thin washers between the pan and mount to raise it up a little as the pan was rubbing on the crossmember. Left side got newer rubber mounts.

#473 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 06:46 PM

Blew a coil on the Bolens today... Pics and video are coming soon in the Bolens forum :D

#474 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 07:17 PM

Nothing done to any of MY tractors, but got some done on my FIL's 24hp Onan to go back on his JD420. Got the crank installed with correct end play, rods/pistons in, & heads torqued down. That's all for me today.

#475 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 07:56 PM

Well on Monday I put a rebuild kit into the carburetor on my Sears SS12. It runs a lot better now. Yesterday I tackled changing the tires and rims out for ones that would hold air and not rusted out. The original rims and tires on the Sears SS12 were rusting very bad. My grandfather some 30 years ago filled the rear and front tires with calcium chloride. The tires were cracked bad enough and with holes in the tubes the calcium was leaking out and rusting out the rims. I had a Sears 14/6 that someone gave me that had 23x9.50-12 with a little different offset but in a lot better condition so I thought I would put them on the SS12. The original tires on the SS12 were 23x8.5-12's. Since the old tractor also had homemade concrete wheel weights I needed to remove those before I could get the old tires off.[ATTACH=CONFIG]13465[/ATTACH] Once the wheel weights were off and the old tires and rims removed, I removed the adjustable tire hubs and cleaned the axles up.[ATTACH=CONFIG]13466[/ATTACH] While the rear tires were off I noticed 3 out of 6 bolts missing that hold the rear end to the frame so I replaced all of the bolts with new ones. The rear fenders had some cracks in them so I removed them and welded them up. Welding the cracks really stiffened up the fenders. Since the axle hubs are adjustable the different rim offset wasn't a problem. I slid the axle hubs all the way in and mounted the new tires and rims.[ATTACH=CONFIG]13467[/ATTACH] I then replaced the threaded rod that held the concrete wheel weights on and mounted them onto the new rims. They fit fine.[ATTACH=CONFIG]13468[/ATTACH] I may fill the tires with windshield washer fluid later this summer for a little more weight to aid in plowing the garden and skidding logs for firewood. Today I remounted the tire chains onto the new tires on the SS12. I then pressure washed the dirt and grime off and it now looks like a new tractor.

Thats a very good idea using old brake drums to protect the outside of the concrete weights.http://gardentractortalk.com/attachments/f12/13468-what-did-you-do-your-tractor-today-ie-wrenching-cosmetics-0419111731-jpg/ The old Sears looks great...
  • Tinkerer said thank you

#476 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 08:04 PM

I haven't had time to do anything to any of my tractors for a few days now:(.Between work and the girls school things, 4-H and church. I need a GT break, and very soooooon !!!!!:wallbanging::bash:

#477 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 10:15 PM

I finished pressure washing my new addition, a 1993 White LT145 riding tractor with bagger. I reinstalled the hood and put it in the garage until I can finish getting it ready, hopefully Sunday.

#478 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 10:21 PM

My grandfather actually poured the concrete right in the brake drums. He used a piece of tin to make the sides so the concrete was taller than the drum and poured the threaded rod right in. I had to chip the concrete away since I needed to replace the threaded rod. I love this old tractor as it was the first tractor I learned to drive. I have upgraded the motor since this picture. It now has a Tecumseh OH140 instead of the HM100 that my father and I put in it years ago.

#479 shallowwatersailor OFFLINE  

shallowwatersailor

Tractorholic

• Member No: 812
  • 87 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted April 29, 2011 - 06:55 AM

I am going to put my new (used) Johnny Bucket to work.

#480 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted April 29, 2011 - 05:06 PM

After geting the Ford running this afternoon, I still had a problem with low idle. Pulled the carb down and sprayed the fool out of it with some Berrymans cleaner. She now idles fine. Couldn't believe all the junk that came out of the muffler.