Well it's been one of those days. It has rained for a week so the lawn needed mowed.
Started out with my Murray Yard King Pro and it was going good till it died in the middle of a hill.
Got off to see what was wrong and when I opened the hood it caught fire around the electrical connection on the bottom of the carburator. I put that out before it did much damage.
My dad came out and we towed it to the shop, will have to tear into it next week and see what's up?
It's too good a machine to scrap over one little incident.
Went to the shop to install the mower on my 318. This was a first for me so I had some figureing out to do.
That's when I discovered the lift link was missing on the right side of the tractor. The one that goes between the lift and the mower deck.
It was mid afternoon so the JD
Shop was closed. So I took the other link off and took measurements.
took some Barstock and made a link that will work till I get the right one. With the limited tools on hand it took about 1 1/2 hours to grind, drill and file out the slot. But I spent one whole day at home and never left the place.
Put it on and adjusted the mower height. and did most of the mowing.