What did you do TO your Tractor Today: ie wrenching/cosmetics
Posted November 13, 2010 - 07:47 AM
So becareful of making a clean spot!
- janiecv16 said thank you
Posted November 13, 2010 - 08:22 AM
You sound a lot like me LOL! I've done that myself a few times. Makes you think twice about starting something that could get too "involved"! Sounds like you had fun though!
...My 5 minute job turned into half a day and I still have to put it back together...So becareful of making a clean spot!
Posted November 14, 2010 - 09:11 PM
Posted November 14, 2010 - 11:04 PM
Posted November 15, 2010 - 08:48 AM
Posted November 15, 2010 - 11:02 AM
I also picked up a snow blade for it that needs a little bit of attention.
Posted November 17, 2010 - 06:03 PM
Posted November 18, 2010 - 09:05 PM
- JRJ said thank you
Posted November 18, 2010 - 09:35 PM
Posted November 18, 2010 - 09:38 PM
Looks like it's made to fit and work.If you wouldn't have said what It was I'd have figured it came from new like that.BTW I see I'am not the only one who salvages stuff from other machines to make work on the ones that we fix up.Larry
I built this vari-speed control handle for my Bush Hog V4-6 out of an implement lift handle from an Allis 410 garden tractor.
Posted November 18, 2010 - 09:54 PM
Today was modification day. When I received my Bolens 1600H with mower deck and bagger I was missing a set of critical pulleys. Today I added an engine to the mower deck to run the blower for the bagger. I received a 6 Hp motor from pressure washer the other day. The motor ran fine and so I decided to attach the motor to my mower deck and run the blower so that I could pick up leaves. It took me about 3 hours to engineer how I was going to attach it, find a pulley that would fit on the motor and find a short belt. I had all the pieces around from other pieces of equipment that people had given me and the belt was saved from an old treadmill I disassembled years ago. After getting the motor where I wanted and mounted, I gave it a test run. This first test run didn't last long as one of the motor mount bolts loosened up. I changed this bolt out for a different one that wouldn't come loose. The next test run went well. I used my neighbors yard that was covered with leaves and did some lawn cleanup. I have decided after mounting the mower that I will have to design and fabricate the bolt I need to hold the pulleys on this winter as the motor makes the mower deck a little to heavy on one side and therefore wants to dig into the lawn. Here are a couple of pictures with the motor mounted to the mower deck.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7214[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7215[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7216[/ATTACH]
Very Nice Fabrication
Posted November 18, 2010 - 10:23 PM
Posted November 19, 2010 - 08:35 PM
Posted November 19, 2010 - 08:37 PM
Lets see some pics of it!
Today I exchanged the 8.5 inch wide tires on my 1969 Bolens 1220 for the studded 10.5 inch wide tires on my 1973 Bolens G14 parts machine. I then removed the mower for the season and mounted the 38 inch snow blower. I need to change the oil to the winter formula and come up with some weight for the back of the 1220 before snow flies but that will have to be next week sometime.
Posted November 19, 2010 - 08:53 PM
Got to turn a wrench on the JD430 I picked up a few weeks ago. Won a seat off e-bay, it has a rip on one side, but MUCH better than what was on it.
Looks so much better Fred! Just think how good it would look repainted.......RED!