#301 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1978
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 07, 2011 - 01:28 PM

Finally quit raining so I finished filling the hyro tank with oil and took it for a drive. It seemed to have more power, quicker response from forward to reverse. Before I would associate the response as like a "slipping clutch". In high gear with engine idled down I could hear the governor kick in when put in gear. It has never done that, it has always been slow to take off. The PO told me he thought high gear was weak. So I am very hopeful that the drive motor took care of the problem. I wont know until it dries up and I can hook it up to something like plow, tiller ect. and see how it acts as I didn't run it long enough to get the system really hot. Also when my 1/4" hose and psi gauge come in I can test the system. Keep your fingers crossed.

#302 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted March 07, 2011 - 04:36 PM

Finished tightening up the angle pivot on my blade. Had to build a new sleeve and swat the support at the bottom. Put some grease on it and put it back together. Much tighter.

#303 jollygreen OFFLINE  

jollygreen

• Member No: 2269
  • 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted March 07, 2011 - 08:17 PM

Thanks for the web address for midwest so I can replace my tie rods. I just found out tonight that my Tecumske eng for my Troybuilt I can no longer get parts. I need a piston and connecting rod , Can any one help Thanks Joe

#304 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 08:48 PM

I worked on the tiller a little before using it today. I took the tines off and turned them around because I wanted to use it with the tines going in reverse and the sharp side of the tines were on the forward rotating side so switched them no big deal worked good.

#305 Meangreen OFFLINE  

Meangreen

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 31
  • 94 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 09:13 PM

Took apart all the adjusters on the 3 point hitch and tapped and chased the treads. Checked the key on the right axle and it was ok. Put the plow on and trying to get it set where I think it needs to be so I can test it whenever it gets dry enough here. :orangecool:

#306 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 10:52 PM

Worked on the front rims a little more this evening. Got the one primed & 1st coat of silver on,the other has a repaired valve stem area & some epoxy around it drying. Hoping for enough day tomorrow to get a coat of silver on it. Ryan's rear tires came today. Man are they stiff on the sides, but look to be well built. I think they will look good on the MF10.

#307 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 10:58 PM

Thanks for the web address for midwest so I can replace my tie rods. I just found out tonight that my Tecumske eng for my Troybuilt I can no longer get parts. I need a piston and connecting rod , Can any one help Thanks Joe

joe, what engine is on that / Model and serial?

#308 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 02:09 PM

Well I got a metal gas tank in the mail yesterday from Ebay. It came off of a Bolens 1050 but it fit my 1220 perfectly. My 1220 had a plastic tank mounted in the place of the original metal tank and it didn't hold much fuel. The new metal tank needed a new gas cap which I had on another GT that was sitting around waiting for overhaul. I had to make tank straps out of plumbers strap. I replaced all of the gas line and ran the fuel line where it is suppose to go. Here it is all installed and ready to go.0309111333.jpg I think I will reverse the straps so the bolts are on the bottom. It was easier with them on top when I was trying to hold the tank to make the fuel line connections. After giving the kids rides I rotated the straps. It will be a little nicer on the knuckles when opening the gas cap.

Edited by Tinkerer, March 09, 2011 - 08:46 PM.

#309 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 03:22 PM

joe, what engine is on that / Model and serial?

Bet it's an HH60

#310 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 03:43 PM

Daniel, Did you make it to ATL. ?

#311 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 04:00 PM

If it is a HH60, Here is a rebuild kit for it....

6HP Engine Rebuild Kit fits TECUMSEH HH60 and VH60 - eBay (item 380320869056 end time Mar-31-11 05:55:16 PDT)

#312 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 09:03 PM

Front tires came today... & we aren't ready to put them on yet... Either raining or cold or humidity. Tried to put a little paint on a rim tonight. Well see what happens.

#313 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 09:11 PM

Front tires came today... & we aren't ready to put them on yet... Either raining or cold or humidity. Tried to put a little paint on a rim tonight. Well see what happens.

Alan, you will have to take a lot of pictures of the front tires before, during, and after mounting to make up for the one front tire that was lost in battle.... we will all miss that brave tire.

#314 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 09:25 PM

I finished welding the lift pins onto my modified 3 point Brinley disk (now potato hiller/ raised bed maker) I can't wait until it dries up enough to try it out. the disks are totally adjustable and I might have to take a couple of the disks off we will see how it does. Also been working on my potato plow or middle buster plow. I got the actual plow (bottom V part) gave to me and am trying to mount it to an cat 0 A frame that I have. I think I will mount it with some 1 1/2 square tubing will post a pic when I get it done.

#315 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 08:13 PM

The last 40 minutes I spent researching why paint "Orange-Peels"... the previous hour you can guess at.