#286 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 736
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 02:10 PM

I put the fenders back on my '65 Sears Suburban 8. I just need to fix the drive selector and she's ready to MOW!!!

are you gonna post pictures of that tractor?
  • Green ranger said thank you

#287 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 08:18 PM

Managed to get 10 minutes with Ryan & his MF10 seat. We've done all we're going to on the non-visible part of the pan. Put some primer on it, probably calling it a night.

#288 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 08:39 PM

I actually continued the tire dismount for my springfield electrics new rubber. I finished the one from yesterday, and came back in with a dilema for the second wheel. 2 steps forward and one stall.

#289 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1978
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 11:32 PM

Filled the differential with gear oil and added some oil to the hydro system but didn't have enough (thought I had more but didn't) lol well it was too rainy to test anyways really hope the new drive motor makes a difference. Waiting on northern to deliver my pressure gauge and hose so I can test the pump. Keeping my fingers crossed that the pump is working great and the problem was the motor.

#290 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 07:43 AM

I took apart the Parts Bolens 1000 I got in the deal and put everything into boxes and documented the part#'s into my excel sheet

#291 jscam OFFLINE  

jscam

• Member No: 1902
  • 21 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 10:20 AM

Sandblasting.........................

#292 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 02:02 PM

I started cleaning up my roto-tiller for my MF12 when i noticed the casting was cracked, so now i gotta weld that up before i can use it. Oh well, the ground is too wets anyway for much of that.

#293 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 03:20 PM

Bent one of the power steering steel lines enough to get my new battery installed, shoved my temporary 1 gallon fuel tank to the left side of steering column, then took her for a drive.

#294 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 03:23 PM

Bent one of the power steering steel lines enough to get my new battery installed, shoved my temporary 1 gallon fuel tank to the left side of steering column, then took her for a drive.

Sounds like a blast, did you post a video of this drive somewhere? :D

#295 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 03:27 PM

Sounds like a blast, did you post a video of this drive somewhere? :D

No video today, but if I go to that plowday on the 19th, I'll have plenty video!

#296 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 03:28 PM

No video today, but if I go to that plowday on the 19th, I'll have plenty video!

Sounds like a blast to me, too bad it's too far for me this year.

#297 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,475 Thanks
  • 39,715 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 03:43 PM

Started work on my blade. I don't have pieces for moving the angle plus it had a tendency to droop on the right side. removed the under tractor mount and fabbed new spacer to be tack welded in place. Tomorrow, I will finish this and start making the handle assy. so I can change the angle.

#298 jollygreen OFFLINE  

jollygreen

• Member No: 2269
  • 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 04:22 PM

I am a first timer at this. I just bought a JD 140 on 3-5-11 and I already have it tour down to the frame. This is my first time doing this. I don't think I need to take the engine out it all looks ok. The sheet metal is good, but the front axle pin is a little wore. Can anyone tell me were I can find a new center axle pin for it? My steering tie rods, the ball sockets are loose, this is making the steering lose. Do you have to replace the whole tie rod or just the ball and socket? I was told it may be hard to find replacement parts. The tractor is a 1970 JD 140 h3. I paid $275.00 for it which I think was good. It runs great and doesn't smoke. I'm not going to make a show tractor out of it but I want to do it right and make it look new. I could use all the advice that you can give me.
Thanks
oe

#299 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 10:13 PM

Ryan & I got a little organization going, then drained the Antifreeze out of the old rears from his tractor. Got just shy of 11 gal between the two. Then we set about cleaning the rims. The rears are basically new inside Sand a little and repaint. Outsides are gong to require a little more work but won't be to bad. The Fronts were a different story. Ryan got to learn every little trick his Dad knows for getting a stubborn tire off a rim. We finally got them, but had to use the 5 ton jack under the MF165 and force the issue. Lost one tire in the process (belting broke) but it's getting new skins anyways. These rims are bad. I made an electrolysis rig in a 5 gal bucket to see what I can do with them. One is done and the pitting is there, but I think it's fixable. May be buying a bunch of JB weld to fill the inside pits in near the bead, we'll have to see how much help I have from the owner :D

Another bright spot. I was given a "Non-working" Exide charger today... that works fine. It's one of those 2/40/200 Amp jobs. Everything works, no AC on the output, all the diodes are fine, dunno why he quit using it. I told him it worked & he could have it back, he said he'd already replaced it & no problem, I could keep it.

#300 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted March 07, 2011 - 12:22 AM

I am a first timer at this. I just bought a JD 140 on 3-5-11 and I already have it tour down to the frame. This is my first time doing this. I don't think I need to take the engine out it all looks ok. The sheet metal is good, but the front axle pin is a little wore. Can anyone tell me were I can find a new center axle pin for it? My steering tie rods, the ball sockets are loose, this is making the steering lose. Do you have to replace the whole tie rod or just the ball and socket? I was told it may be hard to find replacement parts. The tractor is a 1970 JD 140 h3. I paid $275.00 for it which I think was good. It runs great and doesn't smoke. I'm not going to make a show tractor out of it but I want to do it right and make it look new. I could use all the advice that you can give me.
Thanks
oe

For the ball joints the site you want is Midwest Control Products