• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,553 Thanks
  • 44,992 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 06:04 AM

Kenny, how do you like those front mounts?

The JD is not in real good shape mower wise, but is fun to operate. May take a bunch more work on the deck to get it cutting good.

The Toro 322D is a beast and I like it a lot.

• toppop52 said thank you

#2372 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,748 Thanks
  • 5,583 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 07:09 AM

Freed up my top link on the Sears 3pt, busted my finger in the process when wrench slipped off :boo_hoo:

Started the Church's 3 mowers to make sure they were usable, grass is getting high already.

• KennyP said thank you

#2373 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 4,910 Thanks
  • 4,564 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 09:06 AM

The JD is not in real good shape mower wise, but is fun to operate. May take a bunch more work on the deck to get it cutting good.
The Toro 322D is a beast and I like it a lot.

I see them for sale a lot, but I've heard both sides, a lot of people don't like the JD combined motor/tranny setup. Others say they are slow, just wondered. I only mow 1.5 acres and my old style Simplicity/Murray/ Craftsman zero turn is showing it's age.

#2374 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 9,144 Thanks
  • 6,240 posts

Posted March 26, 2017 - 12:03 PM

Cleaned all the battery cable terminals and contact point up  goo with a SS wire brush.   Helped with the starting of the CC1512. 

#2375 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,553 Thanks
  • 44,992 posts

Posted March 26, 2017 - 12:58 PM

I put a battery in the Sears DLT mower and fired it off. I bought a deck drive belt for it yesterday and have it on the deck. Just have to reinstall the deck, clean it up some and post it for sale.

#2376 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 4,910 Thanks
  • 4,564 posts

Posted March 26, 2017 - 08:06 PM

Topped of the hydro on my 3208 cub, added a positive wire externally through the cowl so I can hook my sprayer, or spotlight, as well as charge the battery if need be, without having to access the pita battery location on the 3000 series.

#2377 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 6,762 Thanks
  • 4,304 posts

Posted March 26, 2017 - 08:10 PM

I tore Hulk II down to do a refresh. http://gardentractor...sh/#entry758047

#2378 Xrperry ONLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 975 Thanks
  • 742 posts

Posted March 26, 2017 - 11:22 PM

I pressure washed 30-40 years worth of Moss off a 1969 jacobsen lt700
  • toppop52 and pryan05 have said thanks

#2379 Kster526 OFFLINE  

Kster526
  • Member No: 77872
  • 772 Thanks
  • 511 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 07:32 AM

Well I always loved the high crop look and have a 67 RF John Deere 110. I've had a set of 4.80x4.00 wheels and an old axle from a Wheel Horse laying around so being bored I decided to see what it would look like with a little mix and match of pieces. I had the axle mounted in front of the tractor but was not sure i liked that.The wheels required a little attention and I decided to install tubes as they were really pitted around the valve stems on both wheels. The axle was almost 4 inches shorter . The thought process is to add my own flat top fenders to it as time allows and then will remove the headlights and put them in front of the new rear fenders or on top. I know its been done before by everyone else but just wanted to do my own thing. The 67 is known already as the Junk Yard Dog as it has the rear ,engine and several other parts to make it one running unit.Its sort of been the one that gets experimented with when trying ideas out. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0012.JPG
  • IMG_2268.JPG
  • IMG_2199.JPG
  • IMG_2201.JPG
  • IMG_2205.JPG
  • IMG_2206.JPG
  • IMG_2277.JPG
  • IMG_2291.JPG
  • IMG_2292.JPG
  • IMG_2321.JPG
  • IMG_2325.JPG

• jhn9840 and toppop52 have said thanks

#2380 Doug E. ONLINE  

Doug E.
  • Member No: 78641
  • 300 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 07:39 PM

About 6 weeks ago, I picked up a BCS 725 two wheel tractor with tiller box.  The seller told me positively that there was no spark, and he was sure the coil needed replacing.  It has an Acme gas engine on it, which is a good portion of the reason he sold it, as he didn't want to mess with the Acme engine, and a bolt in replacement Kohler was $450.  The engine worked last growing season. 

The tractor has electric start, and a pulley on the front for a rope start.  I think there is come corrosion on the connections, as I do not get consistent results for the starter turning over. 

In getting nose to nose with the engine trying to read the model and serial number, I notice the kill switch that is connected to the dead mans lever on the handle bars was loose.  I adjusted that, and the engine starts with a rope on last years gas!

I changed the engine oil today, and am working on loosening up the last of the items that are resistant to moving because of rust.  Will have to make another platform for the battery, as it is heavy corroded.  The cone clutch is stuck, so will need to pop the engine off the tranny, and stick the clutch in a vise to break it loose.  Apparently this is common with this cone clutch, and the recommendation is to keep the clutch lever in position to keep the clutch disengaged when stored.  I need to change the oil in the tranny as well and grease the pto.   

We still have about a foot of snow in the garden, so I have a little more time to finish going through this.  I let the good wife know that I have it running, and will be tilling with it.  That helps with her raised eyebrows when I keep bringing home "broken pieces of junk that don't work".  :thumbs:

It is nice to win one once in a while!  I didn't expect this one to go so easy!  I does help to average out the ones that turn into major projects. 

Regards,

Doug

• KennyP and toppop52 have said thanks

#2381 Doug E. ONLINE  

Doug E.
  • Member No: 78641
  • 300 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted March 30, 2017 - 08:45 AM

I borrowed a gear puller and had a chance last night to break the cone clutch loose on my BCS tractor.  I ended up just using the gear puller to break the clutch loose on the motor, rather than pull the clutch and breaking it loose in a vise, like is shown on a couple of youtubes.  Much easier and quicker!  Fwiw

Doug

#2382 Xrperry ONLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 975 Thanks
  • 742 posts

Posted March 31, 2017 - 07:08 PM

I managed to free up a totally rusted solid front end on my jacobsen lt700
  • Alc, KennyP and carria4f have said thanks

#2383 carria4f OFFLINE  

carria4f
  • Member No: 86099
  • 21 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 08:42 AM

Hauled 120 feet of rotted, ivy and fence down the hill with my freshly "rebuilt" 208.4e76a836940a76bfe49f1ce9314eff5e.jpg

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

#2384 glenford7502 OFFLINE  

glenford7502
  • Member No: 80830
  • 88 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 09:05 AM

I built a ripper for my sleeve hitch. Used the frame from me 10" Brinly plow. Worked well other than it's on an angle because of the hitch on the plow frame. Also the tooth I used doesn't pull in well gonna redo that with a small backhoe tooth holder and tooth. I used a carbide inserted shark tooth for a ditch witch trencher chain. Well here are some pics. Sorry about the mud had a small water problem in my dirt floor barn so I used it to rip the floor so the water had somewhere to go, hopefully it work. Had to add lots of weight to the ripper but I was able to get it ten or more in the ground. Also a couple weeks ago I built a 3 point receiver for my Ford LGT165 that's works very well I glad I did that it is so handy for moving trailers. Sorry don't have pics of the Ford but here is how much water there was Friday before I symphony most of it off with the garden hose

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2060.JPG
  • IMG_2059.JPG
  • IMG_2058.JPG

• KennyP said thank you

#2385 glenford7502 OFFLINE  

glenford7502
  • Member No: 80830
  • 88 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 10:04 AM

Here's a pic off my 3 point receiver. Not perfect but it gets the job done. Function over form. Also have started piecing together a narrow front for the Ford still a little ways off had more important things to do sadly. Still contemplating steering. Recently have had some ideas for hydro steering. But who knows. I'll have to wait and see what it looks like when it's done cause I'm sure I'll change my mined a few more times. These pics were from a week or so ago and I've already changed it slightly. Maybe I'll fiddle with it today we'll see. Oh ya I finally got some weight on the Ford 2 30lb homemade plate weights a side and a 50 lb bolen's weight aside much better now. Now just need to finish the front end so I can find a permanent home for some front weight.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2062.JPG
  • IMG_1804.JPG
  • IMG_1805.JPG
  • IMG_1807.JPG
  • IMG_1801.JPG

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: with your tractor, to your tractor