• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted January 17, 2011 - 06:34 PM

Worked a bit more on the JBI diesel project.

#198 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted January 24, 2011 - 10:04 AM

spent 5 hours saturday trying to get the Ford LGT 165 to run. It has spark, and fuel, compression feels alright. wont take off and come to life will just cough.

#199 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 513
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted January 24, 2011 - 12:10 PM

Today I was going to mount the linear actuator that I have on the 1220 to raise and lower implements. I hurt my shoulder at work and its been a little painful to do it manually. But I could not get it to work without cutting some tin...:mad2: And I'm not willing to do that so instead I mounted a ATV winch under the seat and ran the cable to the lift arm, It seems to work really well. I still need to tuck the wires away but here are some pics.100_2764.jpg Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_2763.jpg
  • 100_2762.jpg

#200 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted January 24, 2011 - 12:23 PM

Very Nice
That is alot better than manually lifting those Attachments!

#201 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 24, 2011 - 12:48 PM

very nice
that is alot better than manually lifting those attachments!

ditto !!

#202 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 513
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted January 24, 2011 - 07:37 PM

I went out a played with this for a while today, its great I LOVE IT.... so much better than the manual lift, and all I had to buy was a couple crimp connectors had the winch sitting in the shop for the last few years. I'm really pleased with how it works. I will be sure to update any changes or problems I encounter.

#203 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted January 24, 2011 - 10:47 PM

I like your method to raising and lowering your implements on your 1220. I am thinking that may be an inexpensive way to update my 1220 to make it easier to raise and lower the snowblower.

#204 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted January 24, 2011 - 11:18 PM

Was wondering if you have down a compression test on it? It sounds like it wants to start but if it is lacking in compression then it won't draw in enough fuel/air mixture to run. When was the last time it ran? Maybe try a new spark plug. That is what I have to offer from what I can tell from your video. Good luck and keep us posted when you find out why it wouldn't start.
  • Chuck_050382 said thank you

#205 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 07:47 AM

spent 5 hours saturday trying to get the Ford LGT 165 to run. It has spark, and fuel, compression feels alright. wont take off and come to life will just cough.

Try taking out the spark plug and pouring a small amount of gas in the Sarkplug hole.
I know someone had a JD 318 and it sounded the same way. When they helped it out by adding gas to the sparkplug hole if fired right up and was fine after that.

#206 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 08:13 AM

Sounds like you're blowing back thru the carb? That first set of noises i thought I heard a little blow back in there.
If compression checks out good... the only unmentioned thing I can think of is RPM on the starter, if the starter was turning over faster, it'd stay engaged a little longer & maybe let you get her running. I see battery cables in there, do you have a good battery to set in & try again?

#207 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 09:31 AM

Was wondering if you have down a compression test on it? It sounds like it wants to start but if it is lacking in compression then it won't draw in enough fuel/air mixture to run. When was the last time it ran? Maybe try a new spark plug. That is what I have to offer from what I can tell from your video. Good luck and keep us posted when you find out why it wouldn't start.

Try taking out the spark plug and pouring a small amount of gas in the Sarkplug hole.
I know someone had a JD 318 and it sounded the same way. When they helped it out by adding gas to the sparkplug hole if fired right up and was fine after that.

Sounds like you're blowing back thru the carb? That first set of noises i thought I heard a little blow back in there.
If compression checks out good... the only unmentioned thing I can think of is RPM on the starter, if the starter was turning over faster, it'd stay engaged a little longer & maybe let you get her running. I see battery cables in there, do you have a good battery to set in & try again?

Guys I posted more info in http://gardentractor...4270/#post40080 thanks for your suggestions.

#208 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted January 29, 2011 - 10:36 AM

I got the bearings for my snowblower! I have the shop furnace running to warm the garage up and will be down there shortly to put it back together. The new bearings are just a tad bit thinner than the original. I think one or two 3/4 inch machinery washers should take up the extra space on the shaft. I'll let you know.

#209 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted January 30, 2011 - 09:31 PM

Ryan & I got the last motor bolt in the MF10. We also finished installing the shifter.

Ever have a simple job that made itself much harder than it needed to be? :wallbanging:

After that, we filled the rear end up... 80/90 gear lube runs slow when cold.

Then we rigged up a gas can & started it up. I think the carb'll be fine but we need to adjust the belts as
the clutch won't & it won't go all the way into park yet. Time to read up.

#210 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted January 31, 2011 - 09:04 PM

I welded an old engine block to a bracket and bolted it to a tractor for weight. Then I started building a new snow plow for the tractor with the engine block. So now I have 2 plow tractors, one with a tranny for weight and one with an engine. Now to finish the second plow.