• Please log in to reply
2305 replies to this topic

#2056 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 840 Thanks
  • 484 posts

Posted January 21, 2016 - 06:47 PM

Today I pulled the tractor up to the garage to install a new drive belt.  That's not the interesting part.

When I put it back in the shed I got between the tractor and back blade to put a maintainer on the battery (it might be a long time before the tractor is used again).  After the maintainer was connected I plugged it in.

Apparently plugging in the maintainer caused me to forget about the back blade.  When I exited the shed I failed to step over the blade and tumbled over it.  I skinned my shin real good going over then banged my knee very hard on the frozen ground.  I'll be limping for a few days.

• holdenboy1960 said thank you

#2057 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 12:00 PM

Today I pulled the tractor up to the garage to install a new drive belt.  That's not the interesting part.

When I put it back in the shed I got between the tractor and back blade to put a maintainer on the battery (it might be a long time before the tractor is used again).  After the maintainer was connected I plugged it in.

Apparently plugging in the maintainer caused me to forget about the back blade.  When I exited the shed I failed to step over the blade and tumbled over it.  I skinned my shin real good going over then banged my knee very hard on the frozen ground.  I'll be limping for a few days.

Been there done that...I hate it when it happens....

#2058 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 12:06 PM

I just about got the Onan on the 420 back together, and I think I figured out the surging, maybe.  had some play in the spring on the governor so I  tightened up the spring, and the bolts holding the carb to the intake were a bit loose, so I tightened them up, and I put on new intake gaskets.  I'll see what that does for it....

I hooked up the snow blade and cleared off mine and my neighbors driveway....she did good, no surging  :D

005.jpg

now I will finish bolting on the rest of the tractor!

Edited by Delmar, January 22, 2016 - 02:04 PM.

#2059 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,487 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 09:26 PM

Charged the battery , just in case this snow is still laying here in the morning.
  • Delmar and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#2060 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 10:21 PM

I went up to the farm and started the WH with blower, the Roper with FEL and the old Plow Truck.
After the new fuel pump and float, the Roper is the best starting of the bunch
  • KennyP and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#2061 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 05:10 AM

well since yesterday is gone ...................ummm don't matter , i degreased the MTD Rider , it looked sooooooooo darned clean after , i was surprised the red on the engine simply shined 

changed the blades on the JD Sabre but still got to buy a cutter v/belt yet old 1 still works still though & greased the king pins & wheels bearings .

the week before my youngest Daughter & i cleaned it & i polished the hood                      

P5240152.JPG

Shane

• limebuzz, KennyP, jpackard56 and 1 other said thanks

#2062 BNK OFFLINE  

BNK
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 11:46 AM

Another pic of the green stuff!!!!!.... Meaning the foliage. Nice canopy Shane!

#2063 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • Member No: 28357
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 03:20 PM

Well, today while plowing with the 140, I kept having throttle control issues. Engine kept racing and could not get it to come down in RPM at all. Well, I parked the 140 and ran inside to read about no RPM control on the K321 and got a bit scared about losing the tractor the entire snow season for an engine rebuild. Well, did some troubleshooting and noticed it was fighting me and decided to disconnect the throttle linkage to check freedom of movement and low and behold, found this. I guess I found my sticking linkage and to think I almost was ready to replace a governor gear. Oh, had to replace a hydraulic hose too. uploadfromtaptalk1453666231842.jpg
  • KennyP and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#2064 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,441 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 07:04 PM

I bought an oil pressure gauge for Alice today. Got all the fittings and the 1/8" copper tube ( after 3 stops). Came home and opened the hood. The plug on the block takes a 3/16" allen wrench. Stuck one in and tied to break it loose. Not happening. Added a cheater to the allen wrench and got movement. Well, I thought so. A few minutes later the allen wrench parts ways. Now I have to figure out how to get that plug broke loose. It's a steel plug in an aluminum block. Now sure if my Mapp gas torch would heat it enough to let it come loose. Gonna have to make up a socket and see what it does. The top of the plug is pretty well flush with the block!

• michael.kitko and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#2065 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • 3,487 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 07:35 PM

Left mine in the shed, 4" wasn't worth fooling with.

#2066 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted January 25, 2016 - 02:22 AM

Got the 1010 dozer started (found out why it wasn't... Broken wire to the solenoid.
Something to fix when it's warmer than 16 f out

Moved the backhoe (will be in the road when I do have to plow.

Test started everything again.

Found the FEL controls were froze. Water in the extended cup for float/down. Took it all apart and thawed it all out. Removed water and added silicon spray to help repel.
  • wvbuzzmaster, michael.kitko and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#2067 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted January 27, 2016 - 08:23 PM

Washed and waxed all three for an interview by the City cable channel. They want to highlight City employees and their hobbies. I am first, and they will be here tomorrow. I know they video in Hi-Def so I spent some time detailing all of them. 

Attached Thumbnails

• P1140889.JPG
  • P1140890.JPG
  • P1140891.JPG

• limebuzz, Alc, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#2068 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • 3,487 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted January 27, 2016 - 08:35 PM

Washed and waxed all three for an interview by the City cable channel. They want to highlight City employees and their hobbies. I am first, and they will be here tomorrow. I know they video in Hi-Def so I spent some time detailing all of them.

That's cool! Congrats!

#2069 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 05:04 AM

Well, today while plowing with the 140, I kept having throttle control issues. Engine kept racing and could not get it to come down in RPM at all. Well, I parked the 140 and ran inside to read about no RPM control on the K321 and got a bit scared about losing the tractor the entire snow season for an engine rebuild. Well, did some troubleshooting and noticed it was fighting me and decided to disconnect the throttle linkage to check freedom of movement and low and behold, found this. I guess I found my sticking linkage and to think I almost was ready to replace a governor gear. Oh, had to replace a hydraulic hose too. attachicon.gifIMG_20160124_150537971.jpg

worn parts, The  joy's of machinery maintenance 

#2070 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 05:11 AM

& they look sweet too & congrats on being in the interview