• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 04:04 PM

Just curious Dan the new tires[carlise tru power] what ply are they.When I was going to buy some last fall they had some 6-8 ply in stock and had one 2-4ply in stock.There was a bit of difference in the width of the thread bars as well as the side walls so just wondering what ply those new ones are.I just about bougth the 8 plys but they were almost $60 apiece more then the 4ply.I also opted to buy the Allis 716H instead.But now that I see them on the tractor its got me to thinking hum should I. LOL Larry

These are 4 ply Larry. As strong as these feel, 8 ply isn't justified for the price difference. My pair were $228 to my door.

#152 Lawntractornut OFFLINE  

Lawntractornut

• Member No: 1552
  • 2 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 04:17 PM

Oh Brian, that is just sad! LOL I aired a front on my MF1855 today too! Look at it this way Brian, just airing that tire is much better than finding a nail in it to have to repair! Sometimes less is more!

I feel really bad, all I did was look at my MF-12, and wish I could cut grass!

Ed

#153 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 04:33 PM

Ed

My Bush Hog T-63's pto was welded, so no way to shut the deck off but to remove the belt from the pulley. I figured the starter/gen wouldn't crank it over with the belt on & dragging the blade too, but I was wrong. I put the belt on a few minutes ago & fired her right up! If I didn't have to go now to milk the cows, I'd go mow a spot!

#154 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 04:33 PM

Ed

That's what I did with all of mine today,just look at them.

#155 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 05:22 PM

I put the belt on a few minutes ago & fired her right up! If I didn't have to go now to milk the cows, I'd go mow a spot!

Oh man you can actually do that if you didn't have to milk the cows!! Even if I wanted to mow grass I'd have to blow snow first and then with it being so cold the grass would shrivel up and die before I'd get the chance. BTW we do get to have seat time blowing snow.LOLJust fooling with ya.Larry

#156 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 08:12 PM

Yep, I have some places where a mower could clip the tops of the grass. Snow all melted off from rain. More rain coming too.

#157 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 08:30 PM

Yep, I have some places where a mower could clip the tops of the grass. Snow all melted off from rain. More rain coming too.

Mowing mud just makes a mess of your deck:D

#158 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted January 03, 2011 - 10:14 AM

Last Wednesday (the 29th) I put the rear weight bracket on and slid on 125lbs on the back of the LGT 165.

Saturday, I pulled the muffler off the LGT 165 and welded it back up.

#159 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted January 03, 2011 - 12:25 PM

Ryan & I installed the rings in the engine that's going in the 10. BOY are they tight. After I get the cover back on, I think I'm gonna turn it by hand a few times just in case. I may be taking this all back apart????

#160 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 03, 2011 - 12:30 PM

Ryan & I installed the rings in the engine that's going in the 10. BOY are they tight. After I get the cover back on, I think I'm gonna turn it by hand a few times just in case. I may be taking this all back apart????

Did you gap the rings? If you gapped the rings I would think it would be alright.

#161 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted January 03, 2011 - 05:43 PM

I had to fix the throttle cable on the MF 1655 today.Here's what happened Yesterday I took all three of my tractors out of the shop and put them into the garage where the car sits.I then put our car inside so it would thaw out as I needed to do some work to it today.Anyway after getting the car done it was time to move the tractors back into the shop.I had plugged the GC2300 in first thing in the morning and put a magnetic heater onto the oil pan.It started up no problem after being plugged in for 3 hrs.It had gotten down to -27c last night.The garage isn't insulated but its warmer then outside.The Allis 716H started up with a little bit of trying.Now when I went to start the MF1655 I pulled out the choke and gave it a bit of throttle.When I gave it throttle I heard a snap and no more throttle.I had to actually open the hood and give it throttle by hand.After getting everything all moved back into the shop I started to look to see what happened.The throttle cable snapped off right at the throttle control lever.{that little Z looking thing broke off}.Lots of fun having to fix it especially with the cab on.So it was a day of fixing.Larry

#162 awol OFFLINE  

awol

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1576
  • 77 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted January 03, 2011 - 06:16 PM

I hope you got things worked out, i'ts not easy working on something in -27c temps. We just had a January thaugh and there is no snow to be had yet!!!:rocker2:

#163 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted January 03, 2011 - 06:21 PM

Today I made some space in the garage, and started into the Davis crawler. I got the hood and sheilds off of the front, and started freeing up all the stiff parts.

#164 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted January 03, 2011 - 08:31 PM

As per all my friends advice, I left the cross bar on the tire chain and put tighteners on it.

I had some springs from junk Dishwasher doors (I keep bringing them home) and they worked great. Makin' do with what's laying around.:D
PICT0061 (Small).JPG
Inside
PICT0060 (Small).JPG
Outside

#165 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted January 05, 2011 - 02:15 AM

Out messing with other stuff I gave things a lookover. Spotting a rattlecan of clear gloss on the shelf I decided to give the inside of the caster chute a nice coat. Hopefully that will make things a little less cloggey when that alberta clipper gets here...