2305 replies to this topic

#1621 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,642 Thanks
  • 1,734 posts

Posted February 26, 2014 - 10:24 PM

Finished swapping engines from my 682 into my 782.  Also swapped the tires/rims. Mounted the front blade onto the 782.  Now I can use the hydraulic lift instead of strong arming the blade. :thumbs:   Still need to fabricate a lift rod. Will do that tomorrow.   That should have me ready for this weekends  forscasted snow  storm.   I bought the 782 last summer. Had it three days and a rod started knocking.  :wallbanging:   I shoved it into the corner and did'nt look at it again until this week.  Now I need to reassemble the 682 and shove it into the corner until I rebuild or replace the engine.   Rick

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG
  • 003.JPG
  • 004.JPG
  • 005.JPG
  • 006.JPG
  • 007.JPG

• trowel said thank you

#1622 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 26, 2014 - 10:51 PM

Got load of parts for the Squire 9.

Started taking it apart to replace the drive shaft couplings, as i figured BGB main input needle bearing is sloppy, waiting on new bearing and seal now.

Attach the nice stainless steel hood bolts and remove the homemade catches the original owner bolted on.

Edited by trowel, February 26, 2014 - 10:52 PM.

• CRFarnsworth and Gabriel have said thanks

#1623 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,642 Thanks
  • 1,734 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 05:53 PM

Fabricated the lift rod for the 782.  Made one with a small bend for clearance.   Also replaced a headlight and a tail light.  Cleaned the bgrounds for the tail lights.  Now if need be i can plow snow all night. :D       Rick

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG
  • 002.JPG
  • 003.JPG
  • 005.JPG
  • 006.JPG

#1624 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 08:59 AM

nice job on the lift rod. The headlights on the 82 series are great. Easily bright enough to mowe with.

I started on the mow'n machine repower. It should be a pretty easy repower with the Kohler Command. Got the JD400 back on the ground driving, it's driving great and running great besides the electric choke that will be replaced by a cable the first chance I get... The cable is sitting on the work bench waiting. And last but not least I discovered that the fuel pump on the '72 GT14 isn't working. Now do I rebuild, replace with a new plastic pump or replace it with an electric pump?

#1625 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 09:16 PM

Had the day off so i went looking for sugar tapping supplies after that,

using the old front wheel studded two link tire chains for the Hesston modified it to fit the Squire 9, welded up a better rear weight from a large brake drum, inside are 2 32 lb bar weights and some large chains, should be around 65 - 70 lb right now.

Also rewired the head lights tucking the connector under the hood.

The head pipe was nice for putt putt but deafening wide open,......the nice blurping muffler is back on.

Snow's coming on Wen/Thur :ah_shoot: were's my grass ??????????????

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0753.JPG
  • DSCF0756.JPG

• IamSherwood, Newpaws493 and Gabriel have said thanks

#1626 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted March 18, 2014 - 02:13 PM

As I was going about farm chores I stopped next to the shed with one of my JD F935's and my Bush Hog HD-12 diesel conversion, so I HAD to fire them both up.  They did need to be ran a few minutes to top off their batteries, as I tried cranking them on a cold day a while back & drained the batteries a bit, as neither fired up...too cold that day.  Both fired right up today!  Love hearing/smelling the diesels!

#1627 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted March 20, 2014 - 03:41 PM

Last year my spring ride under my John Deere 430 broke.  I did a quick weld then, but it wasn't in the right position & rode too high up.  I took it off the tractor today, cut off the old weld, then welded in the correct position.  Much better ergonomics now.    The main reason I pulled it in the shop was the loud clanging at startup & shut down.  I knew what it was already....muffler brackets broken.  One end just needed welding, but the other end had missing metal.  So I cut a piece of angle iron, bent one end curved to fit the contour of the muffler, drilled the bolt hole, bolted in place, then welded it to the muffler.  Back in (quieter) business!

• Texas Deere and Horse and Gabriel have said thanks

#1628 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 21, 2014 - 07:13 AM

cleaned up the snowthrower today.  ready to put away for another season.  Dug out some brinly stuff , found the plows and then organized the shop a bit , to make it easier to get around , now that spring is coming. 

• Gabriel said thank you

#1629 allisb10page OFFLINE  

allisb10page
  • Member No: 52832
  • 220 Thanks
  • 150 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 02:05 PM

Going to take off the snow-blower...hoping not to jinx myself though.  Put a gas tank back into a B10 that I coated (gotta love Red-Cote), and she fired right up.  Worked on a Wisconsin AEN I bought recently, come to find out it was missing the head gasket, so now have to track one of them down.  Good thing I go through everything before trying to start them up...that one might have been a painful fix.

#1630 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 22, 2014 - 04:21 PM

I sure hope your ok takin the thrower off.  time has got to be on our side one of these days. 

• allisb10page said thank you

#1631 allisb10page OFFLINE  

allisb10page
  • Member No: 52832
  • 220 Thanks
  • 150 posts

Posted March 24, 2014 - 06:34 PM

Put the mule drive on one of the B10s for the tiller.  Had to take one of the snowblower belts (have the AC blower with the 3 belts), since I had borrowed one from the mule drive earlier this winter after shredding one belt while blowing one of those hard packed snows we got.  Was going to put the tiller on too, but thought that it might be pushing it just a little...it'll be a month or more before even getting into the gardens.  Might have to try the plow since I put winter rye in the gardens last fall.  

#1632 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 05:12 PM

We have a huge storm headed our way tomorrow so after work I decided to check the tractor and walk behind blower.  I found the shaft pin in the front hitch angle cylinder was working it's way out. The cotter pin was gone. That's the second one I've lost this winter. When I lifted the blade to make it easier to replace the pin I noticed that both skid shoes were worn through. I had a spare set so those are now fixed. 

Next, the blower wouldn't start. It's been fussy all winter and it needs a new battery(it's 12 volt electric start). I flooded it and it wouldn't even start with the booster on it. I pulled the plug and it was wet. Replaced the plug and got it going but it was still fussy. I think the carb may have issues. I left it running for a while and then put the trickle charger on it. Hopefully it won't give me any grief tomorrow because we are expecting over a foot of snow and I'd really like to blow it instead of plowing and making big banks of snow.  I'm glad I took the time to check this stuff tonight. It would have been a lot less fun tomorrow. 

#1633 nade-em OFFLINE  

nade-em
  • Member No: 25213
  • 202 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 07:15 PM

I filled a tire that was going flat  smiley_abused.gif

#1634 petrj6 OFFLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 08:12 PM

Played some more with the variable speed drive on my b112, got the new belt in the other day.  had to take the adjuster out of the tractor so I could fill all the holes in and re-drill them out, got that all done and put it back together.  now the brake is out of adjustment, I think I need to loosen the brake up to allow the clutch do disengage.  Going to play with it some more tomorrow.

Figured I would work on that while I am waiting for the pedal tractor parts.

#1635 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,952 Thanks
  • 3,326 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 09:26 PM

Got around to RED's Spring service.

Added "00" grease to the transaxle