#1576 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 08:54 PM

:welcometogttalk:  Paul. Sounds like a nice project. Post some pics. if you can. Where about are you in N.Y.?

#1577 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 08:57 PM

Today I installed wheel weights on the Cub Cadet 102. I also started putting together a PTO clutch for it. PTO must have broke at some point and somebody just put a pulley on it.

#1578 PaulL OFFLINE  

PaulL
  • Member No: 49081
  • 111 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 10:19 PM

Levi
I'm in the Adirondacks near the northern end of Lake George. On the 1950 Gravely Model L, the gears work, the PTO is sticky (probably the spring detent needs more lubricating). It cold starts on the first pull and runs with partial choke but I don't feel that it is reliable enough yet to use for my winter plow tractor. I put it in the barn and brought home the 1971 C8 (fully operational) and 1969 C8 (runs but needs carb float work and a new governor). I have plowed twice so far with the 1969 C8 with the 48" dozer blade running ag tires with chains. If I can get the gearbox issue fixed on the MA210 snowblower attachment, that will go on the 1971 C8.
Paul L
1950 Gravely Model L, 1954 Gravely Model L,
1969 Gravely Model C8, 1971 Gravely Model C8,
1967 Gravely Model 430, 1969 Gravely Model 432
  • HowardsMF155 said thank you

#1579 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,538 Thanks
  • 3,924 posts

Posted December 18, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Did a little bit of wrenching. I had to straighten out and rebolt the bracket on the front lift for the snow plow. I had tried to scrape away some ice on the drive, but just couldn't get any down pressure. Thankfully it was an easy fix.

#1580 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,711 Thanks
  • 8,897 posts

Posted December 18, 2013 - 10:23 PM

I picked up two LED headlights and one 5" round LED for the Bolens. It currently has two non-working headlights and no rear light, taillight, flasher, etc.

#1581 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted December 18, 2013 - 10:43 PM

Where'd you snag those from cat? Pics? :D

#1582 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • 11,711 Thanks
  • 8,897 posts

Posted December 18, 2013 - 10:46 PM

Ebay!

image.jpg
  • Alc said thank you

#1583 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,310 Thanks
  • 4,660 posts

Posted December 18, 2013 - 10:54 PM

I went fishing with my 4310 tonight!!  

I broke out the snowmobile and was riding it around my area today..  ~4pm I got this idea that I should go exploring a new possible trail through the woods and wouldn't ya know it,

I beached it in a sinkhole with lots of muuuuud!   :wallbanging:  :hitting_self_roller:  :anvil_drop:    :booboo:

I tried to pull it out by hand but the mud was in the tunnel and the thing was about 350# and I was knee deep in mud trying to do it..  Needless to say, my boots filled with water & mud and they made nice squishing noises as I walked about a mile back to my house..   :wallbanging:   I grabbed every rope and strap I have and took the tractor over as close to where the sled as I dared..   :biting_nails:

I hooked the sled up and towed it out of the mire but it was still in fairly deep muck covered by snow..  I took the tractor back out of the underbrush and back into the field I had started off in..  Then I walked back out to the sled and eased it out of the swamp up to where the tractor was idling..  I pulled the belt off and towed the sled back home behind the tractor..  Once home I reassembled the sled and rode it around a bit to get some of the muck out of the track..  It felt good to get the thing out and run about for a while but the wet boots were getting quite cold so everything got put away and I peeled the boots/ wet socks/ muddy pants off and got to washing the mess up..  I saw a way to get through the woods but there were trees down so I have to go back with the saw (and stay away from the swamp this time!!)  Once I get through the woods, I can ride out of my house and get to our trail system finally!   :ok:

• Alc said thank you

#1584 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • 11,711 Thanks
  • 8,897 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 03:22 PM

I picked up two LED headlights and one 5" round LED for the Bolens. It currently has two non-working headlights and no rear light, taillight, flasher, etc.

Got these installed and working. The plastic surround for the headlights would have to be cut up with these wider lights. I will make something to fit in there instead. And yes, Battlestar Galactica called and they want their tractor back.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  • Alc said thank you

#1585 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • Member No: 51445
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 09:36 PM

Today i made a deal to buy a White GT 18 / 55 tractor. Very excited. It does have a blown engine ( Briggs 18 Vtwin horizontal shaft). But hey i am buying it at a very good price. Once, i officially have it in my possesion, i will start a thread to show the progress (a couple weeks from now). I will be more excited than the kids this xmas boys. 

It looks rough right now, its sitting in the back of a truck with a bunch of tree sap and who knows what else all over it.

I did find a manual for it. If anyone has any useful info, please send it my way.  :dancingbanana:

Edited by Sal Mcc, December 22, 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#1586 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,669 posts

Posted December 23, 2013 - 06:24 AM

Today i made a deal to buy a White GT 18 / 55 tractor. Very excited. It does have a blown engine ( Briggs 18 Vtwin horizontal shaft). But hey i am buying it at a very good price. Once, i officially have it in my possesion, i will start a thread to show the progress (a couple weeks from now). I will be more excited than the kids this xmas boys. 

It looks rough right now, its sitting in the back of a truck with a bunch of tree sap and who knows what else all over it.

I did find a manual for it. If anyone has any useful info, please send it my way.  :dancingbanana:

Congrats!

#1587 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8328
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted January 10, 2014 - 04:41 PM

Replaced the points and found a points cover. Seems they are always missing when I buy engines. I also installed the 3ph earlier. That's as far as I've gotten. My stove stopped drawing for some reason.

I also ordered a gasket kit so I can replace a leaky oil pan gasket and a leaky crank seal.

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1389390022124.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389390032877.jpg

#1588 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 11:55 PM

I got my Yanmar powered JD400 going tonight. After cutting out all of the hacked wiring 5 months ago and then eliminating a LOT of extra circuitry I figured I should patch the critical circuits back together and make sure it will fire. Ran pretty smooth for sitting for 5 months.

Attached Files

#1589 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 11:16 PM

I FINALLY got around to getting the carb rebuilt on my Sears (after only how many months of using it almost every day? Lol) She's happy now or so it seems.

Also got some time to putter with my LGT 145, got it fired up for the first time since I bought it; nearly a year ago now. Runs great but far from being ready to use, needs a lot of work yet but finally hearing the engine run with no smoke or odd noises was a pleasant surprise. The hydro appears to be functional too, I guess it wasn't in neutral as I thought and when I throttled it up it backed over my foot lol. No harm done, just glad to see mechanically it's not in too bad of shape! :D

#1590 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted January 13, 2014 - 05:12 AM

Well, not today but yesterday.

Bring home Squire 9, unload and seat time until cold drove me indoors.