Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,060 Thanks
  • 2,175 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 10:14 AM

Oh man....I could go crazy here! Last nite I moved the mount points downward 4" on my brush hog, to get better lift from the 3pt. I was able to raise the rear wheels about 2". Now, they are waist high!
20131007_205205.jpg
20131007_205149.jpg

I had just wrapped up converting the Legacy 3pt from Cat 0 to Cat 1.
20131002_195424.jpg

#1532 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 04:41 PM

I washed off the Kentucky Plow Days dirt from the #1 FF. I also pulled the fender pan and installed the new top link anchor I made for it. While that was off, I cleaned some of the 30 year crud from things under there.

Image088.jpg     Image089.jpg

#1533 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 07:14 PM

The grill on my 916 has really been bugging me.
null_zps40afc7b7.jpg

So today I pulled it out and hammered all the dents out. Since all the fabric was still there simply straightening it out made the holes disappear.
By far it is not perfect but it no longer looks like she got her teeth kicked in.
null_zps75923ccc.jpg

With the see through effect it's hard to see that it is actually straight but it is.
null_zps6e2e0ba5.jpg
  • Alc, michael.kitko and Sawdust have said thanks

#1534 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 07:45 PM

I also spent time trying to adjust the timing on the k341 in my 916 to eliminate the knocking. I have never been good at using feeler gauges on movable points and everytime I tightened the screw to snug them down it opened the gap more. I adjusted several times and ran her only to find now that it backfires when put under stress at Wot. I finally gave up on the feeler gauge and used a test light and tried to Adjust to where the light went out at the "S" mark on the flywheel. With the points set at .020 at DTC the light would go out well before the "S" mark. I still ran into the problem with the spark advancing quite a lot when I snugged down the points but I finally got it set to where the light goes off about 1/8 degree behind the "S" mark. It's not backfiring anymore but now I think it is so retarded the engine is no longer robust. I'll try again tomorrow. I'm getting frustrated trying to make minute changes that are more than wiped out when I tighten down the screw.

#1535 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 08:32 PM

I washed off the Kentucky Plow Days dirt from the #1 FF. I also pulled the fender pan and installed the new top link anchor I made for it. While that was off, I cleaned some of the 30 year crud from things under there.

attachicon.gifImage088.jpg    attachicon.gifImage089.jpg

Make sure to put that Ky dirt on your garden spot.  You'll have huge broccoli like I do!

• Texas Deere and Horse and KennyP have said thanks

#1536 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 05:25 PM

Spent the day tearing the Ford LGT that TD&H brought me apart. That was an eye opening experience. Wanted to gleam a few patrts before I offered it for parts to someone. Started with the steering wheel, that went easily. Pulled the dash as it is better than the one on my Ford.

Image001.jpg     Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg

Next I took the cross shaft for the brake/fwd.rev pedals. That was an experience. Finding something to back up the shaft to get roll pins out of was fun.

Image004.jpg     Image005.jpg

Then on to hydraulics. That cylinder was rusted badly to the shaft. Finally pried the rod end of it's shaft and used a 1" cheater pipe to turn it on the shaft. Got it off and the valve. That is the fluid in it, rather thick for hydraulics!

Image009.jpg     Image010.jpg

Keith, is this a 'power beyond' valve?

Image011.jpg

Here's a couple pics of the tins. I forgot to get a pic of the top of the grille, big sheet metal screw hole in it.Image012.jpg     Image013.jpg

#1537 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,953 Thanks
  • 3,326 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 08:21 PM

Spent the day tearing the Ford LGT that TD&H brought me apart. That was an eye opening experience. Wanted to gleam a few patrts before I offered it for parts to someone. Started with the steering wheel, that went easily. Pulled the dash as it is better than the one on my Ford.

attachicon.gifImage001.jpg    attachicon.gifImage002.jpg

attachicon.gifImage003.jpg

Next I took the cross shaft for the brake/fwd.rev pedals. That was an experience. Finding something to back up the shaft to get roll pins out of was fun.

attachicon.gifImage004.jpg    attachicon.gifImage005.jpg

Then on to hydraulics. That cylinder was rusted badly to the shaft. Finally pried the rod end of it's shaft and used a 1" cheater pipe to turn it on the shaft. Got it off and the valve. That is the fluid in it, rather thick for hydraulics!

attachicon.gifImage009.jpg    attachicon.gifImage010.jpg

Keith, is this a 'power beyond' valve?

attachicon.gifImage011.jpg

Here's a couple pics of the tins. I forgot to get a pic of the top of the grille, big sheet metal screw hole in it.attachicon.gifImage012.jpg    attachicon.gifImage013.jpg

How does the steering columb and worm drive look? I would be interested.

#1538 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Well, after staring at what I have sitting around, I decided to start another project. This is the frame from my parts 446. Its an '81, so that makes it a long frame. I just pressure washed it and have plans now. I have everything I need to build the tractor minus an engine. I have 2 lines on engines which will either make this a 227 or 2220. I'm hoping for the latter designation. Things are up in the air but right now its gonna get 26x12x12's and 18x8.50x8's. That'll lift it up a bit and make my front attachment points within a 1/2" of where they need to be. Close enough. Once I choose (or my funds choose) which engine I'm gonna run I will start a thread on this build. Long frame 200 series, large engine, and meaty tires! Why not!

uploadfromtaptalk1381457497499.jpg

Eric

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk now Free

#1539 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 04:50 AM

That sounds like a good project!

#1540 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 05:12 AM

How does the steering columb and worm drive look? I would be interested.

Larry, I'll send a PM!

#1541 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 06:16 AM

Kenny, that valve has the PB port ,but it has a plug in it . You need the correct adapter to use it as a "Power Beyond" port . You will notice it in the parts book, wether or not it is still availible is another question? But if you sent me the valve, I can make that adapter for you :thumbs: 

• KennyP said thank you

#1542 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 06:29 AM

Thanks, Keith! I may just do that. I want to look on the LGT165 to see if it has the same plugged port. If so, I'll need 2 adapters. LOL

I now have 3 extra valves & 2-4" stroke cylinders. :smilewink:

#1543 thirdroc17 OFFLINE  

thirdroc17

• Member No: 1805
  • 36 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 02:59 PM

After several hours attempting to fit an upgraded seat on, I decided it was just too high because of the thickness of the seat, and put the old seat back on.

#1544 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • Member No: 28357
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Welded up a Cat 0 drawbar for my 3-point hitch on the JD140. Still have to drill one last hole and paint it, but it is almost done.

#1545 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 09:51 PM

Took the AC 314 down the hill to pull the MF 14 in the barn. After chaining up the MF behind the AC I couldnt get the AC to start found some evidence of oil leakeage from the engine gaskets so I ended up swapping the engines between the 2 tractors hoping to pull the MF in the barn and work on both the tractors inside but after the swap the AC still wouldnt start. Put the original AC engine in the AC then it fired right up like nothing was ever wrong I cleaned the engine good couldnt find an oil leak so... I moved the AC in the barn and gave up on the MF for the time being. I prepped the AC for the winter  because snow is forecasted to start later this week and once theres snow theres no way my GT will be able to climb the hill from the barn. Now the AC is all ready and dressed up for winter and I moved it to its very own tempo for the winter. Lets hope it does me proud and be a reliable girl for the next few months