Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Vote Now for Featured Tractor for the Month of December

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote Now for Featured Tractor for the Month of December! (77 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Now for Featured Tractor for the Month of December!

1. Massey MF12G - fordmustang1984 (1 votes [1.30%])

Percentage of vote: 1.30%

2. Voted Massey 1655 - massey driver (18 votes [23.38%])

Percentage of vote: 23.38%

3. Snapper 1650 - tractormike (17 votes [22.08%])

Percentage of vote: 22.08%

4. Massey 316 GTX - gregH (4 votes [5.19%])

Percentage of vote: 5.19%

5. Massey MF12G - FirefyterEmt (13 votes [16.88%])

Percentage of vote: 16.88%

6. Ariens GT19 - kingkw (2 votes [2.60%])

Percentage of vote: 2.60%

7. Cub Cadet 105 - cc147 (3 votes [3.90%])

Percentage of vote: 3.90%

8. Wheel Horse 314 - caseguy (7 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

9. Massey MF12G - broken2 (12 votes [15.58%])

Percentage of vote: 15.58%

Vote

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 05:10 PM

Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for the month of December has now officially started and will end the last day of November.

The winner will be featured on the front page for the entire month of December starting on the 1st of the month and will be in our featured tractors section for infinity :D

We will start new nominations at the same time as well so keep an eye out on this forum to know when to submit a nomination or vote.

This month's nominations kind of got out of hand which was a good thing. Normally we have 5 nominations but everyone was so fast on the draw that we decided to expand it to 10. It is now cut down to 9 due to our theme and rules. If you don't see your tractor listed that would be why. We have to abide by the rules to be fair to everyone.

Our theme this time is the tractors had to be dressed in their snow attire. Ready for snow removal.

Here is a list of the nominees in no special order:

• Massey MF12G - fordmustang1984
  • Massey MF 1655 - massey driver
  • Snapper 1650 - tractormike
  • Massey 316 GTX - greg H
  • Massey 12G - FirefyterEmt
  • Ariens GT19 - kingkw
  • Cub Cadet 105 - cc147
  • Wheel Horse 314 - caseguy
  • Massey 12G - broken2

Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below. :D

Please remember that the winning tractor cannot be nominated again for a year. Thanks and good luck!

#2 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 07:09 PM

Ok, i guess i'll put up my 73 MF12G. I bought this tractor about 2 years ago, the 4 of October '08 i believe. It came with no front tires, and the front axle removed. It was part of the deal with a running MF10, which no longer runs... Anyway, it was a "parts unit", so i had nothing to lose foolin with it. With a fuel tank borrowed from the 10, and a rag for an air cleaner, i got it running. But the starter was not working, so my grampa rebuild the failing starter. After that, i put on a set of tires that fit the spindles until i could bought a set of OE massey wheels on eBay.

After that it was just my tractor for haulin loads, and stuff. When i bought a tractor in CT with a massey plow, i put it on this for the winter (last winter) with just wheel weights and stock turfs. It spun alot, but did pretty well goin down hill. But the blade was beat all to heck, so i side lined it for this winter. Instead, i built a bracket that pins the the rear lift brackets that i made for it, and ran a bar up under the tractor to a 48" craftsman blade with an extra trip spring. It only has a manual angle for this year, but should work just fine. Also new this winter is a set of tire chains. Thats most of the story, but i know theres alot more. Now for the pics-not the best being from my phone but i'll have better ones in a day or two.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6734[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6733[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• 0925001349.jpg
  • 0925001349a.jpg

#3 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 07:39 PM

Here's my 1976 Mf 1655 all dressed and ready for snow this year.Its got a newly widened snapper snowblower that used to be 38" wide but nows 48" wide.I made this winter cab 15 yrs ago for a MF 10 but after getting the MF 1655 in 2000 I modified it to fit onto the 1655.After a couple years using it without heat I installed a fan/blower with piping that draws hot air from just under the muffler.Due to having put a loader onto this tractor I wasn't able to use the heater untill now as I just finished making it fit & work again.The thing about this cab is that it was made to fit the tractor before I had the loader so when we used it with the loader on for winter use we couldn't use the cab.This tractor is a work horse around here.Summer's is grass cutting,digging stones ,loader work,garden work.It's used year round by myself,my grandson as well as my wife.This tractor is always kept in top working condition.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• MF 1655 ready for snow 001 (Small).jpg
  • Digital camera pictures 243 (Small).jpg
  • MF 1655 ready for snow 013 (Small).jpg

#4 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 09:39 PM

I'll throw my 1650 Snapper in the running for snow machines. I bought this tractor in a package deal a little over a year ago. I got 2 running tractors and 2 parts tractors along with a bunch of other parts. I knew a friend of mine was really wanting a snow blower tractor so I sold him one of the 1650's with a blower and kept this one. It has the cat 0 three point hitch and the 2000 rpm power take off on it. This tractor was in very good condition and did not need any mechanical or cosmetic work at all. I did add 8 gallons of windshield washer fluid to each rear tire and put a new set of chains on it but otherwise it is just as I bought it. It has the 42 inch snow blower on it.
I have used this 1650 a lot this summer. I build a set of fork lift forks to use on the three point hitch and can carry 250 pounds on a pallet. I also have a 12 inch Brinly plow that I used at our plow day and had a blast plowing with it. It is a real nice tractor to drive and with it's dual hydraulic setup on it it is fun to use.
I built a three point rear blade to use to blade my driveway with and to add some extra weight also. I made a three point hitch adapter out of an old 2 inch reciever hitch. The blade is built so it has 2 positions. I can slide the blade in closer to the tractor for better manuvering or pull a pin and slide it out for more reach while using it.
Posted Image
  • VICHARRIS said thank you

#5 greg H OFFLINE  

greg H

• Member No: 823
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 11:18 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6751[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6750[/ATTACH]Well, here are a couple photos of my pride and joy-toy, my 1990 Massey Ferguson 316GTX, built for MF by Ingersoll, as an Ing4016. This little tractor earns it's keep, and is used year-round. It is powered by a Kohler Magnum 16hpTwin, with a hydraulic pump directly coupled to the engine, plumbed to a double spool hydraulic valve between the frame, with one valve spool for the travel control, proportional F-N-R, and the second valve spool for the mid-mount hyd. cylinder used for the mower deck lift, and to raise the front plow and as shown in the photos, my 48" hyd. powered Case Snowcaster. I modified this snowcaster to be powered by a hydraulic motor, and the chute rotates and tilts by gear motor and linear actuator, from DPDT switches on the dash. The blue curly cord with the trailer wiring couplers feed the power to these controls. I ran hoses to a secondary aux. hyd. double spool valve, with one circuit powering the homebuilt 3pt. hitch, and the other valve acting as a hyd. PTO, feeding power to the snowcaster, my 48" hyd. Ingersoll tiller, and the hoist on my homebuilt dump trailer. I have many more attachments and for front and rear, and certainly value the ruggedness of this little machine.
There is plenty of traction to the rear wheels from the large hyd. motor coupled to the rugged two-speed rear transaxle. The stock rear 16" rims have 27" tall, 8.50 X 16" turf tires, with a pair of 75 lb cast iron wheel weights, plus I carry 170 lb of cast pig-iron ingots on a weight bracket on the 3pt. hitch for the winter.
This tractor did not come with power steering, however I have bought a complete P/S system from an Ingersoll tractor, and hope to have this installed before winter. I also have a couple more projects lined up for my tractor, I have an FEL partially built, and have sketches to build a winter cab and a new power angle front plow for better landscaping and snow clearing control.
I never get bored or tired of playing with and working my little Massey, and plan to enjoy it for many more years.

-Greg Hiltz

Attached Thumbnails

• Snowcaster raised, showing hoses and cable.jpg
  • Rear shot showing hyd. hoses hookups.jpg
  • 035.jpg

#6 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 06:25 AM

I will toss mine in for the running, although to be honest, this is last years photo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

This is my 1974 Massey Ferguson 12G outfitted with a highly modified 48" Craftsman blade. I had to custom build the entire mounting system using the basic idea of the original hook up. The blade is lifted using the original mid-lift by a heavy chain and shackle to allow it to float. I was able to attach the handle and release design that came with the plow to pivot the blade. This was done with the use of a custom bracket attached under the battery box that is removed with the plow.

Shown in this photo, my tractor has the cheap plastic wheel weights and the tires are loaded. I also have a set of chains for it, and just finished a custom rear weight box which attaches to the rear of the frame. With about 200lbs for the wheels, the weight box puts in in over 425lbs of weight. The front tires have been replaced bu now with a set of 4.80 x 8 narrow tri-ribs on narrowed wheels to help it steer a bit better. I also hope to have time and enough weight to build about a 50lb to 75lb front weight to plant the tri-ribs down solid. This combo makes for an almost unstoppable plowing machine that I am very glad to have when those Nor'Easter's come to visit us!

#7 kingkw OFFLINE  

kingkw

• Contributor
  • Member No: 887
  • 1 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 11:45 AM

I would like to share my Ariens GT19 with all of you. I purchased it this summer about 290 miles away from where I live. I found it on Craig’s list where it was advertised with a 48” snow blower, cab, weight box, and a 60” mowing deck. It needed lots of TLC. The first thing I found was that it wouldn’t stay running to get it on the trailer. I noticed when I first was looking at it that the bottom of the cab behind the seat was over the fuel cap and the globe was missing from the cap. I ran the tractor off some fuel that the owner had in a can and took it home. I drained the tank and flushed it out after removing it. Word to the wise watch the fuel cap and[ATTACH=CONFIG]6758[/ATTACH] if cracked replace it. I mowed with it all summer and now I am getting it ready for snow. I will post more pictures when we get snow.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6757[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• Ariens_Snow_1.jpg
  • Ariens_Snow_2.jpg

#8 cc147 OFFLINE  

cc147

• Member No: 296
  • 2 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 01:29 PM

ok here is my daughters 1969 cub cadet 105. i got this tractor through a wheel horse trade because the other party wanted the horse and Ariel wanted a bigger cadet. we use the tractor mostly as a utility around the yard and garden as well as winter duties.we also use this as well as a 147 for many shows through the year as well as several plow days and home garden plowing. since ive had this 105 i have added headlights,and a brinly hitch and top link. i hav[ATTACH=CONFIG]6766[/ATTACH]e a spring assist to install as well as an engine upgrade as shes getting tired. here are a couple pics moving the snow from last winter[ATTACH=CONFIG]6765[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• 0214101542a.jpg
  • 1220091225.jpg

#9 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 03:26 PM

Well I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6767[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]6768[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]6769[/ATTACH]

This is my 1994 Wheel Horse 314. There's not a lot of back story to tell about it though. It belonged to my wifes grandparents, and when they passed on, we bought their house from the estate, and this came with the deal. For several years it was used for mowing only.
There was also a snow/dirt blade that was sitting in the back corner of the barn when we bought the place. I knew that it was for a Wheel Horse, but also knew that there was a lot of parts missing from it, including the mounting hardware and the hand lever for pivoting the blade.
Last year when I started really getting into GT's, I thought it might be fun (and a real labor saver) so I dragged the plow out of the corner and fabricated some mounting hardware. I had no idea what the mounts were supposed to be like, so I just made it work.
I also fabricated the pivot lever out of a piece of 1/2 rigid conduit and some bicycle brake parts that I had lying around.
I Bought a JD112 that a friend found for me when I said I was looking for some wheel weights and chains. The Deere came with 2 sets of 35 Lb weights (one JD, one IH) and a decent set of 4 link cleated chains...and thats what provides the traction on the rear.
So that's the story...It's not real pretty, but we had record breaking levels of snowfall last year and I sure was thankful to have it!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN1781.jpg
  • DSCN1786.jpg
  • DSCN1788.jpg

#10 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted November 02, 2010 - 05:28 PM

This is my 1974 mf12g. I bought it about 4 years ago with carb problems. The engine has been rebuilt and new carb installed. I found some 26x12x12 Carlisle Super Lugs at a garage sale and decided to replace the original 23x8.5x12's with them. I had to raise and tub the seat pan to get them to fit. It has 55 pound wheel weights on the outside of each wheel and 80 pounds on the insides. The tires are also loaded with windshield washer/deicer fluid and wrapped with chains.
I also use this tractor to drag logs & firewood out of the woods, plow gardens, and pull trailers or about anything else I can hook a chain to. Love this tractor![ATTACH=CONFIG]6770[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6771[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6772[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6773[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01047.jpg
  • DSC01064.jpg
  • DSC01053.jpg
  • DSC01060.jpg

#11 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 07:36 PM

Let the voting begin :D

#12 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 07:38 PM

Well, Caseguy's in the lead. (only 1 vote in)

Edited by MH81, November 03, 2010 - 07:47 PM.

#13 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 08:36 PM

Wow, thats the toughest choice yet, there were so many awesome tractors this month.

#14 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 736
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 08:44 PM

Wait a dang minute, I entered this, what happened?

#15 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 10:05 PM

This should explain it: This was posted in the original thread.

Here is where we stand. I can't bend the rules and wait for updates to be made a couple days from now. We currently have 11 nominations. There are 3 that don't abide by the rules. If the 3 that don't abide by the rules don't update their nomination they will be removed. We will accept two more nominations that follow the rules stated in the first post of this thread. After we receive two more this thread will be closed. I will give the guys that nominated their tractors first but not properly till 12 midnight to fix what they are missing. If that doesn't happen the other substitutes will be put in place.

Here are the ones that need their nominations changed:

man with many tractors -> You need a pic of your nomination with some sort of snow / winter attire.
vin122 -> You need a pic of your nomination with some sort of snow / winter attire.
kwj427 -> You need at least a 2 paragraph description.