#16 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,307 Thanks
  • 4,659 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 12:57 PM

Welcome to the fray GF!!  Is that your pooch in your avatar?

By the way-  I hope Tswisla will post back on what the heck he found..   :wave:

#17 Golden Hurricane OFFLINE  

Golden Hurricane
  • Member No: 38187
  • 16 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 02:59 PM

Thanks for the welcome...Avon, NY. I was there just recently...at the Barilla facility! Lovely town! It was a gorgeous day. Yes, that is Scout the Wonder Dog! I am also interested in how Tswisla progresses...

#18 Blade Snipper OFFLINE  

Blade Snipper
  • Member No: 48660
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hello tswisla,

Just reading your post now (10/2013). Wanted you to know I have the same mower and stalling problem. It's odd because it doesn't stall every time I mow, and it happens in all sorts of weather and temperatures— humid, dry, hot, warm, cool? What I've narrowed it down to is the gas cap. There have been several times when it began sputtering and before it fully stalled-out I began unscrewing the gas cap and it came right back to life. I haven't replaced the cap because the problem hasn't made me quite nutty enough yet—  plus, I was thinking I might be able to modify the existing cap to allow it to breathe better but I'm not sure how. Did you discover a definitive cause for your mowers blubbering and stalling?

• MH81 said thank you

#19 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hello tswisla,

Just reading your post now (10/2013). Wanted you to know I have the same mower and stalling problem. It's odd because it doesn't stall every time I mow, and it happens in all sorts of weather and temperatures— humid, dry, hot, warm, cool? What I've narrowed it down to is the gas cap. There have been several times when it began sputtering and before it fully stalled-out I began unscrewing the gas cap and it came right back to life. I haven't replaced the cap because the problem hasn't made me quite nutty enough yet—  plus, I was thinking I might be able to modify the existing cap to allow it to breathe better but I'm not sure how. Did you discover a definitive cause for your mowers blubbering and stalling?

:welcome: to GTTalk
Sorry to hear you're having problems. The gas cap should have a small hole in it for allowing air to move, if not, it will create a vacuum and act like it runs out of gas.

#20 AVB OFFLINE  

AVB
  • Member No: 45301
  • 138 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hello tswisla,

Becareful with trying to modify the gas cap. It needs to be able to vent without letting water get in.

#21 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,700 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 12:11 PM

Welcome to GTtalk,  As MH81 & AVB have said it sounds like the vent in the gas cap.  I use a can of air, it doesn't have a lot of pressure, to clear a clogged vent.

#22 cubby OFFLINE  

cubby
  • Member No: 54232
  • 5 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted April 02, 2014 - 08:45 PM

i would put a fuel line with no filter on and see what happens. good luck and post back with what you find

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you