And another Deere bites the dust, hey hey... dance.gifrockout.gif

• holdenboy1960 said thank you

#167 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 646 Thanks
  • 754 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 10:41 AM

Easy Jim :smilewink:.  I wouldnt replace the WH16 with an X530/540 but I have been eyeing up some X7 series :poke:  

• Team_Green and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#168 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• 646 Thanks
  • 754 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 01:54 AM

Well its been over a year now since the refirb and I must say why they ever quit making these machines is beyond me.  This machine after the refirb has run flawlessly for 2 snow seasons now, even starting effortlessly in the below zero temps we had this year, removing quantities of snow and ice that surprise me.  It was selected as this months RS calendar tractor (March), I was surprised it was selected as many members over there do some real super nice restoration projects on these WHs.  Any and all thoughts of replacing it are gone for the future and if I can get my hands on another WH hydro 14 or 16 hp I wouldn't hesitate.

• JimD, hatedge, Rock farmer and 1 other said thanks

#169 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,214 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted August 11, 2015 - 11:02 AM

Hoows ya doing down there? BTW. Who ran it in below 0 temps?? Sounds like a lie cause we know you hide inside..... Bwahahahaha

#170 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• 646 Thanks
  • 754 posts

Posted August 11, 2015 - 04:02 PM

Hoows ya doing down there? BTW. Who ran it in below 0 temps?? Sounds like a lie cause we know you hide inside..... Bwahahahaha

Oh we're still at it down here,,, and yes I froze my nerts off last winter,,,, I'll post a pic if ya want :D.  Hoping not to be in PA for the white dirt season this year,,, looking to go where they don't get cold enough to need snow stuff :rocker2:  so I wont be moving in next door :poke:  

#171 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted August 16, 2015 - 12:04 AM

Well its been over a year now since the refirb and I must say why they ever quit making these machines is beyond me.  This machine after the refirb has run flawlessly for 2 snow seasons now, even starting effortlessly in the below zero temps we had this year, removing quantities of snow and ice that surprise me.  It was selected as this months RS calendar tractor (March), I was surprised it was selected as many members over there do some real super nice restoration projects on these WHs.  Any and all thoughts of replacing it are gone for the future and if I can get my hands on another WH hydro 14 or 16 hp I wouldn't hesitate.

I totally agree with you on this. Them lil horses are some of the best GTs ever built. I owned a C160 with mower blower and shovel. The thing was small and not too impresive but after only a couple o weeks sitting time I was overly impressed and extremely sold off to the brand. The next best thing Ive owned since the Bolens 1886

Wheel horse c160 working (7).JPG