170 replies to this topic

#151 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 05:41 PM

Thanks for the pics of the work.  Just combed the entire thread and appreciate your time and effort.  

• js5020 said thank you

#152 js5020 ONLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 05:51 PM

What are you referring to as "CUT"?

A CUT is a Compact Utility Tractor

#153 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 07:35 PM

LOL, sorry I mean what make and model...

#154 js5020 ONLINE  

js5020

• 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 07:54 PM

As they say a picture is worth 1000 words,,,,

http://IMG_3174_zps89b61168.jpg

I use to have a 7 1/2' plow on it at one time, I finally found a 6' makes it a bit easier to maneuver,, and steer.

• holdenboy1960 said thank you

#155 JimD OFFLINE  

JimD

• Member No: 385
  • 681 Thanks
  • 484 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 08:41 PM

Joe, I've owned Wheel Horse tractors for 30 plus years and I swear by em to do way more than they were even designed to do, All that said I would keep the cut ready for that once a winter two footer you may see like we do here. Will the Wheel horse take care of it? Sure, but you'll be at it way longer than you want to be to get it done with just the Horse. You've rebuilt yourself a fine piece of equipment there, but I'm a realist. I believe when you have a resource, you keep it readily available.

Edited by WHFan, November 03, 2013 - 08:42 PM.

• js5020, twostep and Team_Green have said thanks

#156 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 01:23 AM

keep it all.. everything.. i mean it.. you WILL regret it... 

• js5020 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#157 js5020 ONLINE  

js5020

• 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 04:15 PM

keep it all.. everything.. i mean it.. you WILL regret it... 

:rolling: Are you related to that HOARDER from NJ?? :smilewink:

Nah,, I gots a plan :wallbanging:   its been mine for 28 yrs time to depart, its big, it gets around the yard like an old Mack and its as heavy as Kens SIL,,,, I found a green and yeller one with a box on top I wouldnt mind having if I can make a deal on it,, sits on a dealer lot so I dont know if I can make it happen, them dealers tend to be pretty proud of the iron they have at times.

• holdenboy1960 said thank you

#158 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 05:21 PM

:rolling: Are you related to that HOARDER from NJ?? :smilewink:

Nah,, I gots a plan :wallbanging:   its been mine for 28 yrs time to depart, its big, it gets around the yard like an old Mack and its as heavy as Kens SIL,,,, I found a green and yeller one with a box on top I wouldnt mind having if I can make a deal on it,, sits on a dealer lot so I dont know if I can make it happen, them dealers tend to be pretty proud of the iron they have at times.

Can't take it with you.. spend some now and enjoy outside stuff.. There is a loaner JD 1025r coming here either friday or monday.. i have it till spring.. snow thrower and loader..  I still have my forks so fire wood will be easy to haul outta the bush.. I have a feeling this will convince me to go back to a small rig like the 2210 i had.. I should have kept that dang machine.. was perfect for in my yard.. and i didnt need a shovel while owning it.. lol...

• js5020 said thank you

#159 JimD OFFLINE  

JimD

• 681 Thanks
  • 484 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 06:46 PM

That's the trouble with them green toys, the one ya got makes ya a green eyed envy monster for the next bigger size or two. The red ones only make yer eyes look bloodshot like it's time fer another beer. So ya have another beer and save all that green eyed monster money! :D :rocker2: :bigrofl:

• js5020 said thank you

#160 js5020 ONLINE  

js5020

• 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 09:03 PM

That's the trouble with them green toys, the one ya got makes ya a green eyed envy monster for the next bigger size or two. The red ones only make yer eyes look bloodshot like it's time fer another beer. So ya have another beer and save all that green eyed monster money! :D :rocker2: :bigrofl:

But Jim,, I dont drink so I have to spend that beer money someplace :rolling: Besides its only money and they print more everyday.  Maybe I should buy a D series?

• JimD said thank you

#161 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 01:11 AM

Jim the "red" one never ended up here.. something about a prick of a fatherinlaw said no all of a sudden. ohh well.. he didn't get invited to his only grand sons bday either.. 

• JimD said thank you

#162 js5020 ONLINE  

js5020

• 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 06:34 PM

Well Jim, I think Im gonna take your advice/warning atleast for this year.  It was a nice machine but it wasnt 7k nice to me.  I really should just look around for another WH, they seem to be a decent machine for the coin, not as fancy but adequate.  Another machine in the 12 to 20 hp range would be handy from time to time. 

• JimD said thank you

#163 js5020 ONLINE  

js5020

• 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted November 26, 2013 - 02:10 PM

Had the first plowable snow of the season, about 3 or 4", so out I go to the WH to get this "white dirt" pushed off the drives before it gets packed down from cars going over it.  Jump on the machine hit the key,,, this thing has started like a new one all summer and fall,,,, phhhht putts but wont start, bummer.  After a bit of fiddling around it finally started, I guess its gonna be like the 301 Kohler on the Gravely, seems I have to adjust the carb twice a year, once when it warms up and once when it chills out?  Dont know whats up with that? 

I spent 2 hours plowing my drive and the neighbors, I was rather impressed to say the least, I didnt put any weight or chains on and I had no problems moving around, even on slopes pushing uphill.  The depth of snow didnt even make it work.  The fun part was plowing the neighbors 700' or so paved drive,,,, full speed ahead!  The hydro sure is a nice setup for plowing, I dont think Ill buy another gear drive machine ever.  Even with the much smaller blade than the CUT it didnt take more than 1/2 hr extra to plow and with the narrower lighter blade it didnt tear things up like the blade on the CUT does and it did a much cleaner job as I can run closer to the ground. 

I have a bad review on the PVC that I used on the cutting edge of the blade,,,, I've used this stuff for years on the Gravely blade but I only ever used that machine out on the lawn,,,,, well the PVC didn't do well at all on the rocky drive, I didnt even get half way done and it had shattered from hitting rocks at speed, so I guess I need to make something different there.

All and all it was a good first outting for the WH, a few items need tweaking but a good day.

• twostep said thank you

#164 JimD OFFLINE  

JimD

• 681 Thanks
  • 484 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 12:29 PM

Joe, I don't know why this is,other than vibration, but every now and then I tighten the carb back up on the block. Those bolts tend to work out a bit over time, and yes change of temps will affect them also. If it starts sucking air, for lack of a better description, it will act as you describe. Make sure the choke is closing completely too for those cold start-ups. Glad it's working out for you, makes me want to find a hydro myself.

• js5020 said thank you

#165 js5020 ONLINE  

js5020

• 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 09:20 PM

A bit of an update since I started winter with the goal of not using the CUT just the WH for snow removal,,,, until today all I have used has been the WH and the blade as most storms have been less than 4" and the WH has had No problems moving that amount of snow even with no chains and hills, stone or paved drives.  Today I started out with the blade and was able to roll one windrow out about 250' but there was No Way it was going to roll it the second time, it was tough going,,,, so what to  do, has the GT met its match with this storm, am I going to give in and let the WH admit defeat ?  The CUT sits in the shed with the 6' blade on it just beggin to get out and run,,,, hmmm what to do? Oh ya contigency plan B,,, break out the blower!!  Poor little storm didnt stand a chance against the WH and blower!  Better bring your A game mother nature.

http://IMG_1043_zps48da79bf.jpg

http://IMG_1045_zpsa581fb48.jpg

Edited by js5020, February 05, 2014 - 09:22 PM.

• twostep, Team_Green and GlenPettit have said thanks