drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,162 Thanks
  • 1,162 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 02:13 PM

This is the Gilson I rescued from the Scrap yard.When I got it  we could not get the back wheels to roll so we drug it up on the trailer.

I finally got a chance to work on it yesterday after getting the other three that i brought home that weekend are now running and moving.After a lot of  cleaning out mice nests and acorns and all kinds of other stuff was thinking that the transmission was shifting but it would not go in neutral.I came in and was looking at my peerless transmission manual at the 800 series trany and realized i had not checked the brake release went outside and unhooked it and it would roll.The release bar was all bent.

I then put back on the starter as it was dragging,I just sprayed some power blaster in it and checked it off off the motor and did fine .I guess it was just dirty from setting.Put the covers back on it and turned it over and it had fire.Pour some gas in carb and started right up.Put some in the gas tank and restarted it and had to adjust carb a little and it stayed running.Filled up the two flat tires and drove it around the yard.

Here are some pictures of it .Does not look bad for a scrap yard save.Except for the wrong paint job.

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

• hamman, JDBrian and sacsr have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 05:07 PM

Very nice rescue! It looks like there are years of service left in it for someone! 

#3 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 05:29 PM

HUmmmm looks familiar.

Did you find the brake rod?