• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dave Central NY OFFLINE  

Dave Central NY
  • Member No: 27835
  • 106 Thanks
  • 92 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 04:14 PM

A while ago there was a discussion on the length of front spindles on Power King tractors. Well, today I took the front axle of my 2412 apart. What a mess.  I pulled out the parts manual, to see what parts I needed or were missing  (grease seals and dust caps).

In the parts manual,  it gives the length of the spindles  three different lengths  measured from the top of the threads,  to the top of the tube the axle goes thru.

24" rear wheels   are  13.37 inches  ................................................. My 2414       2.5 inches longer than

16" rear wheels are  10.87 inches ..................................................My  1614     

and  another was marked 8+16" which are 12.75 inches long.......My  Jim Dandy     It appears these are longer than a 1614    because of   the 8" front wheels on the JD  

I don't know what happened to that  older post but I remember   someone said they were about 2.5 inches difference between the  2414 and the 1614  and he was right.   I took a 2414 spindle out and compared it with the 1614 and it looked like about 2.5inches longer.

• Alc said thank you