OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 03:59 PM

Well Gents, The HMS Rainmaker is about to set sail as soon as I can load up a few things, and get the trailer hitched up.

I would advise any one along my route to have their rain gear at the ready.

I'll be going from the Cleveland, OH area to Bedford County PA.

Further details as they become available  :D :D :D

• hamman said thank you

#2 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,629 Thanks
  • 3,920 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 04:07 PM

Good luck on your trip!  

Can't wait to see the latest purchase

and the sun just did come out ......   :(

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 04:59 PM

Good luck on your trip!  

Can't wait to see the latest purchase

and the sun just did come out ......   :(

I think he's going to bring back a storage shed....

• wilberj said thank you

#4 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 05:03 PM

Long way for getting a tarp you must be right!

#5 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,733 Thanks
  • 4,289 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 05:42 PM

That has to be it. He's already bought his last tractor about a dozen times.       bigrofl.gif    bigrofl.gif  

#6 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,569 Thanks
  • 3,951 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 08:15 PM

I will be happy if you pull a few rain clouds along east. Just started watering the garden tonight and it was a quite dusty when I mowed the yard. The local produce farmers are irrigating already and it is only the beginning of June.

#7 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 03:33 AM

hahaha  I know 1 thing your coming to get.Bring something to tow the 1 thing out with it's sunk into the ground a bit.

Don't forget to load up the 800,1886 with Fel and HT20D I'll be waiting  :rolling: 

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 04:59 AM

OB, have a safe trip!

• EricFromPa said thank you

#9 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 06:46 AM

Currently sitting in (what else) a Wally World parking lot in PA.

Fella won't be available until Mon, so we are "at liberty" today.

True to form, it rained cats and dogs most of the night here.  We will be heading South today, an just 'hang out' in the Bedford area.  maybe stay ina real campgrounf tonight.

The Virgin Mobile hotspot I have is getting a pretty poor connection, and my net speed is sloooooooowwww.

No Eric, I'm not getting the G11, unless he throws it in for free. Besides, I already have 3 of them.  I guess one for parts wouldn't be bad though :D :D :D

#10 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 08:23 PM

You can camp at Shawnee state park campground.It's really nice and peaceful this time of the year.Bring your fishing poles and wienies for the BBQ.I live about 7 miles from there. 

http://maps.google.c...=m&z=14&iwloc=A

#11 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 09:26 PM

In a departure from normal operating procedures, I'm sitting in <gasp> an actual, for real, honest to goodness, genuine CAMPGROUND tonight  :D :D :D

It's the Friendship Village Campground, just outsideof Bedford.  Danged nice place.  200+ sites, pool, putt-putt, game room, fishing lake, laser tag, basketball court, volleyball, hiking trails, two general stores, etc.

Kinda expensive though...the cute little blonde behind the counter charged the credit card $3,870.00, and that was with a 10% AAA discount!

Fortunately, she did catch her mistake, and I was refunded all but the original $38.70 :D :D :D

I'll be heading out bright and early tomorrow to look at the <redacted> and <redacted>.

• MailmAn said thank you

#12 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 03:37 PM

Wow you picked the best spot IN town.I would of just camped out in the Wallmart parking lot,I'm to cheap to pay lot rental lol

Keep close tabs on your LOT there have been a few break-ins down there recently.

It's a bit noisy down there with the Bedford Bypass and Turn Pike basically running over your head.

I warn you now,don't eat at Hoss's.I swear they serve road kill.

The Denny's next door is Cheaper and you get ALOT more good food for the money.They're bacon double cheese burgers are OMG HUGE and made of Real local beef.Don't get the Angus burgers if you haven't eaten Angus before you might get the skitters.That's never fun especially on a road trip.

https://www.google.c...ed=0CJgBEKcfMAo

Seriously they have Great food and you get Alot of it.

Edited by EricFromPa, June 03, 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#13 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 05:49 PM

OK...I'm sitting in a service plaza on the Ohio Turnpike.  Just got up after a wee nap, however, the wife is still sawing logs.

Didn't notice any noise from the highways at the campground, so had a decent night's sleep, although it was too short :D

We just fixed supper in the MH.  Didn't need to worry about 'eating out'.

We did stop earlier this afternoon at a service plaza in PA.  They had a Roy Rogers , and I had their burger and ham sandwich.  It was pretty good and unlike most of the fast food burgers, it was pretty thick, so it didn't dry out like shoe leather when cooked.  The baked beans I had with it were very good as well.  Too bad we don't have a RR in our neck of the woods.

Oh wait a minute....this is GTTalk and not "Dining on the Road" isn't it  :D :D :D

Anyway, the reason for the road trip.  Fella had a 1250 and other attachments advertised on CL.  I wasn't THAT interested in getting a 1250, but it did have a Haban Sickle-Mo mounted on it which I was interested in.

I was pretty sure that I knew who the seller was and i was right.  It's the 'kid' in PA that always overprices everything that he has, most of which is quite frankly junk.

He did send me a couple of pics of the 1250 with the Sickle-Mo mounted on it, and it didn't look TOO bad so I decided to take a chance and call him.

He was wanting 450.00 for the Sickle-Mo which I didn't think was too bad, so I asked for a number for the 1250 and the Sickle-Mo.  He came up with $1,300.00 which I thought was a bit high, but decided to take a chance and look at it and could decide on whether to buy just the Sickle-Mo or the both of them.

Once I got there, we went off to take a look at it.  It did need jumped to start, and it's not charging, but I knew about that in advance, thanks to EricFromPA.  It also has a jury rigged starting setup, and the choke works in reverse...push it in to choke and pull to 'unchoke'. Those will have to be addressed.  The Sickle-Mo operates OK, but will need some new sections.  I may just replace all of them.  Also, the Sickle-Mo is missing the rod that raises and lowers the cutting bar.  It has been replaced with a piece of wire rope.  I'll need to find, or fab a replacement for that as well.

One very positive thing is that it has the 15" wheels with a VERY decent set of Carlisle R4 tread tires on it.  Those may just end up getting moved to the 1886 forklift with the dual wheel kit and another set of the R4 tires.

After looking at, and driving it, I thought that $1,300.00 was a bit high, and after a bit of haggling, a price was agreed on, money changed hands, and it's now sitting on the trailer.

Oh, he had it sitting at a neighbor's house a bit over a 1/4 mile away from where the MH was parked and it made the 1/4 mile with no problem, so that was a plus as well.   :D

After loading up the tractor we went for a tour of his 'stuff'.  I'm pretty sure that I bought the best tractor that he had, as the rest was all pretty sad.  He did have some interesting stuff, but with very few exceptions it was mostly only good for parts.

I'll also mention, that while we were tyeing it down, precipitation DID descend from the sky.  Not much, just a wee sprinkle for just a few minutes, but my record is intact   :D :D :D

Here are a couple of pics.  They aren't too good, as the tractor is sitting in the shade, and I was standing in the sun with the camera, so the exposure is a bit off.  I'll get some better ones after I get it home and off the trailer. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_4599.jpg
  • 100_4596.jpg
  • 100_4597.jpg
  • 100_4598.jpg

Edited by OldBuzzard, June 03, 2013 - 05:51 PM.

• Arti said thank you

#14 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:14 PM

I see the Cheap arse took the battery,wheel weights and the seat off of it.He does that crap with every tractor I've gotten off of him.Then he wants triple what the stuff is worth,knowing that you need the stuff.

Lol the 1250 I got off of him a few years ago was missing the Hydro lift cylinder.He said it was on there when he sold it to me.And tried to sell me a "NOS" cylinder he just so happened to have.

I got a used one from Joes for I think it was $19.95. 

Those are some really nice tires though.

Edited by EricFromPa, June 03, 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#15 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:29 PM

I see the Cheap arse took the battery,wheel weights and the seat off of it.He does that crap with every tractor I've gotten off of him.Then he wants triple what the stuff is worth,knowing that you need the stuff.

Ah Yes, Good old Ethan....

Hey, at least he kept the tires on it and didnt have it sitting on blocks for you to load up :D

• EricFromPa and MailmAn have said thanks