Mf 130 Position Control Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maclinux OFFLINE  

• Member No: 37200
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 01:42 PM

I have a MF 130 tractor, that I bought 1 month ago. The previous owner didnt use the position control, or any part of the hydraulics. When I try to use the position control, with nothing attached , it lifts very slow, and discontinuous, like one step at a time, like it hasn't enough power. Does anyone has a MF 130? What can be the problem?

#2 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,688 Thanks
  • 2,910 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 03:57 PM

While it has been a long time since I used any full size tractor, I remember two things.  One, there is a speed control of sorts on the transmission housing on the same side as the hydraulic controls.  See if that is adjusted to a slow setting.  Two, I think whichever lever you are NOT using must be in the up position, though I am not sure about that.  

Beyond that, I can only offer speculation.  You might do a google search for clogged hydraulic intake on the Masseys.  I've seen reports, forget where, that the lift arms have a grease point and that often overgreasing means the extra grease ends up in the hydraulic resevoir and tends to clog the intake.  It's relatively simple to fix, apparently, but hard to access.  Perhaps someone else has another answer for you, and if something works, please post back and let us know what happened.

Last but not least,  :welcometogttalk:   and of course, :wewantpics:

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,686 Thanks
  • 28,329 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 09:54 PM

It is exceptionally important that you use only the mineral based oil that MF sells. It is more expensive, but you will have many less flaky issues, and it will allow for better longevity. Also, it is what the Ferguson System was designed around.

Many tractors have suddenly developed issues after someone changes the rear fluids on these tractors and used something from TSC or wherever instead of MF approved fluid.

One other thing, go buy the I&T manual for that tractor. Do not guess or run on hearsay, just buy it. I guarantee the manual is less than any of the parts that could be damaged...
  • KennyP said thank you

#4 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,119 Thanks
  • 5,668 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 05:11 AM

#5 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,656 Thanks
  • 39,023 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 05:48 AM

Welcome to the forum! Good luck getting this figured out!