11 replies to this topic

#1 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 08:41 PM

Anybody made adapters to use other brand/mount implements on your Ford?

I have mostly Deere (316, 110) stuff and would like to be able to reuse my attachments (front blades, mostly front attachments) on the Fords instead of buying all new stuff that fits the Ford mount.

Having the two of them sit side by side, it looks like the heights and width are close enough, just need to figure out how to mount adapter plates that mimick the Deere side plates where deere attachments mount onto.

Would prefer to bolt (and not weld) the adapter plates on, so as to allow ford stuff still to be used if I ever get anything...

Figured I would ask if anybody has done this before, before I try to reinvent the wheel.....

#2 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Maybe you could post some pictures of the two brands of attachments and how they mount so we know what they look like. Also, pictures of the ford frame would help.

#3 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,578 Thanks
  • 3,897 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 09:17 PM

My dad has a Sears AYP belly sickle mower that was modified to fit a Ford garden tractor.  He bought it at auction 15 years ago.  I'm sure its buried in a shed right where he put it the day he bought it.  The tractor was converted to a forklift but the seller didn't offer the tractor in the auction.  Said he had too much money and time in the conversion and just couldn't let it go. 

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,356 Thanks
  • 39,637 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 06:02 AM

Sounds like that might be a good solution. I'll be :watch_over_fence: !

Here's an old pic of the front of my LGT165. Not much to attach to up there.

Front (Small).jpg

#5 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 06:31 AM

My diesel LGT 165 (converted by me) has a Sears front quick change setup adapted to it. And it is VERY EASY to make the Deere's quick hitch work too as long as its not too narrow?
Just make a flat plate then add pins to it that matches the Ford's hitch mount. I can use almost any atachment i can find with minimal to no monkeying.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0368.jpg
  • IMAG0304.jpg
  • IMAG0305.jpg

• KennyP, Rock farmer and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,356 Thanks
  • 39,637 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 06:42 AM

That's cool, Keith. I wasn't sure about those holes for pins, but you made it work for you!

#7 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 06:46 AM

That hitch slips on and off easily too BUT it doesn't fit my LGT 125's frame because the grill I so different .
  • KennyP said thank you

#8 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,795 Thanks
  • 2,193 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 04:04 PM

Keith, what  is the front PTO in the pics?  sears?

Tennblue59 , I agree with Keith, anything can be adapted to the ford front mounts. With a little thought.

#9 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:18 PM

the width is about right. The Deere spec plates would mount on the outside of the main frame tubes with a couple spacers or shims.

I can tie into the holes in the side of the ford frame (its raining out there tonight, but will try and take some pictures and mockup tomorrow and post them...), and use a pin on the back of the mount plate to tie into the front flat plate on the ford frame. That would give me 2 three dimensional mount points on each side of the ford, but they are pretty close. Worried about the torque on the front plate - the metal on the ford plate is kind of thin. This also may obstruct the front pto mule drive - not sure at this point.

I think the BEST option would be to tie into the ford frame tubes 10 inches or so behind the holes in the ford frame. That would trnsfer any torque and force back into the heavy ford frame tubes.

I'll try and post some pics of what I THINK would work tomorrow. Again, just didn't know if anybody had been down this road before.

Mounting stuff on the center cradle (where the mower deck mounts) seems like it wouldnt be too hard. I don't have any Deere spec stuff that mounts under the tractor, so no problem there. And of course on the back, it will all be cat 0 3 point specs or pin hitch specs, whichever I go with. So no problem there either. Front is the only sticking point....

#10 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted June 04, 2013 - 03:26 AM

Tom, the front pto is a modified "XL" series from a Bolens XL12.

Don't be worried about anything out front of the Fords being a little flimsy ... Not the case ! If you use the front holes and any of the ones in the sides you will be just fine. I wouldn't drill any extra , What they have there for you should work out great. Mine works with the mule drive in place . I only need to swap out the mule drive for the pto drive in the winter to run the snowblower..
  • TomLGT195 said thank you

#11 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 09:51 PM

Apologize for the lack of pictures - just got a new phone (my camera) and still getting the picture transfer sorted out....

Anyway, here are a few pics Ihad that show what I need...

IMG00675-20120916-1302.jpg

Deere front attachements slide into the groove on the frame piece that comes below the frame, then have a pin that snaps into the upper hole on the front side of the frame.

-------------

IMG00884-20130220-1552.jpg IMG00885-20130220-1552.jpg

Here is the front end of the ford.

I made a cardboard mockup with wood dowels that space the vertical deere style plates on the OUTSIDE of the ford tubes. Added a horizontal brace for the bottom of the uprights to keep the plates parallel. Would fasten to the ford frame through pins in the side holes.

Will post pictures when I can.....

#12 Old Door OFFLINE  

Old Door
  • Member No: 38567
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:49 AM

If I could jump in this topic,I have a Lt100 and am looking for a dozer blade.How does a ford blade attach to tractor?I have a blade that came off of a Bolens with hydraulic lift.Is it possible to adapt to my Ford?I do not weld.appreciate any ideas.