Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Going To Look At A 140-H3 Tommarow Whats A Good Price?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 outdoorsmanjw OFFLINE  

outdoorsmanjw

• Member No: 3564
  • 70 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 08:11 PM

I offered $150 for it he said 300 has a low as he would go.  It looked like it had a good deck.  It needed a seat bad grill and headlight bezel needed love as well as the hood the front of it need repaired.  He said it had a different motor in it was either a kohler 16 hp or 18.  I just felt like it was worth less than 300.  I really felt like he just wanted it gone once he said he was wondering what it weighted cause of scrap value. 

#17 outdoorsmanjw OFFLINE  

outdoorsmanjw

• 70 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 08:13 PM

Oh course it needed painted and the rear fender where the brace is for the seat was split

#18 AverageJoe OFFLINE  

AverageJoe

• Contributor
  • Member No: 365
  • 104 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 05:45 AM

I really felt like he just wanted it gone once he said he was wondering what it weighted cause of scrap value. 

That is a classic pressure technique.  If someone doesn't buy it, I'll scrap it out. 

While it certainly could be parted out for more than you offered, the fact is, the owner didn't part it out already.

Honestly, $300 wasn't terrible, but I've seen a few pretty nice running unrestored machines for below $900.

#19 outdoorsmanjw OFFLINE  

outdoorsmanjw

• 70 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 10:58 AM

He really didn't mean it that way and he said it way before he said the price he said I was kind of wondering what I could get out of it for scrap just make an offer he said and that was my offer. He said let me think about it and do some research to see what they go for. That's when he said 300 was the lowest he would take for it. I tend not to buy things unless I get a great deal.

#20 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 01:51 PM

Well $150 would be a great deal... If he doesn't take your offer would you share the the guys contact info (through PM of course), I might be interested.