1 reply to this topic

#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,503 Thanks
  • 6,374 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 03:26 PM

Have my 1430 apart as some know. Painted frame and want to put back together. Hardest part is the big heavy gear case that goes onto the plate welded to axle now. I'm kinda thinking if I  turn tractor on side with plate up, should be able to place in the big axle, which goes thru the tube there. Gear from that is right at the  plate then. Then I could put the bull gear in over that, THEN, this is part not sure of, I can put the Big heavy gear case over that, BEFORE I slip on the left axle with gear on it. The gear just passes thru the big hole in the Case. Then the big hole is covered by couple tin halves there. This way I won't be fighting trying to keep the case upright and aligned like it wasn't when I took it off and had trouble then. Anyone ever try this?  Am I wrong in assuming the left short axle with gear will fit thru that big hole?  I'm making a big gasket for case halves too and would be nicer to keep it in align then too.

Attached Thumbnails

• PK and Speedex tear downs May 2013-05-13 016.jpg
  • PK and Speedex tear downs May 2013-05-13 012.jpg
  • PK and Speedex tear downs May 2013-05-13 008.jpg

#2 speedyx OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14199
  • 8 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 06:16 PM

Looks like mine the ole M23 mine is apart right now I need to do what your doing