• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 09:54 PM

DISCLAIMER--- NOT MINE! Its my neighbor's, he asked me to advertise it for him. 24 HP Onan runs and works, rear PTO,

not orig paint. owner painted a dark late 80s ford Ranger blue... like a midnight blue.
54" Deck rebuilt 1-1/2 years ago by me. he used it at his hunting/fishing cottage about 6X a year...

Located in Kankakee IL, not even 3 miles from the old Roper plant...
delivery not available. He's wanting $750, I ain't the handy one with computer pix, gonna have to ask my son for help there.... I am just the guy that's registered on this GT forum, LOL Im the middle man, I guess.
I guess the best thing would be to have interested people send me a PM with E mail/cell phone, to pass onto my neighbor Bud--- the owner. He can do "some E mail". I don't think he can upload/post pix though.

NOTE. he DOES NOT TEXT, what so ever, though.

Edited by MH81, August 04, 2013 - 08:06 AM.

• Arti said thank you

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 01:48 AM

Sounds like a good buy to me! But I'm low on GT funds right now!

#3 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 09:22 AM

BUMP  

#4 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 10:05 AM

but Kenny ya know you want it

#5 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 10:35 PM

ARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH why must you be so far away!!!!!

#6 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 12:28 AM

DISCLAIMER---  NOT MINE!    Its my neighbor's, he asked me to advertise it for him. 24 HP Onan  runs and works, rear PTO

not orig  paint.  owner painted  a dark late 80s ford Ranger blue... like a midnight blue.  
54"  Deck rebuilt 1-1/2 years ago by me.  he used it at his hunting/fishing cottage about 6X a year...

Located in Kankakee IL, not even 3 miles from the old Roper plant...

delivery not available.   He's wanting $750,  I ain't the handy one with computer pix, gonna have to ask my son for help there.... I am just the guy that's registered on this GT forum, LOL  Im the middle man, I guess.

I guess the best thing would be to have interested people send me a PM with E mail/cell phone, to pass onto my neighbor Bud--- the owner.   He can do "some E mail".  I don't think he can upload/post pix though.

NOTE. he DOES NOT TEXT, what so ever, though.

Is this the Roper with the Shaft Drive???  That would be some honking powerful tractor...

Smitty

#7 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 10:02 AM

Is this the Roper with the Shaft Drive???  That would be some honking powerful tractor...

Smitty

yeah it is  

I wouldn't mind it myself, but my yard is too small and I have had to do some "downsizing" because i simply have too many "half done" projects as it is already.... home improvements, project car, project harley golf cart,  2 "obstacle course" garages that I need to clean, etc. add in 2 hours daily on the road, commuting for work...

I have run this machine myself several times... it is a powerful machine.  He said something about a 3 point and a few spare pieces "if he can find them"  we all know how that "if" thing works.

On the no delivery thing... I know that Bud wouldn't be able to do anything on that front; I may be able to, in a couple weeks, when I get some things caught up;  new clutch in my Dakota, trailer unloaded/ twin post hoist that's taking up my trailer at the moment, put up in the garage.... but no promises at this time.  If I can get somewhat caught up, I could do ~75-100 miles. truck stop,  Wal mart parking lot etc....  for anyone interested  get ahold of me and I'll relay your info.

Edited by dodge trucker, June 02, 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#8 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 10:02 AM

ok, a bump; 

having had many countless hours of seat time on this machine personally, I can say it IS a beast...

On the idea of possible delivery/... My Dakota's back goin' again (dam Chinamade clutches.. never buy a "Perfection" brand-- whoever thought that a plastic sleeve for the throwout bearing was a good idea, needs to be hung from their private parts, cast iron sleeves never broke like this one; and I have had it twice with this brand clutch now, on this very truck  within 16K miles, so I bought a LUK brand clutch kit this time) that's alot of work to do, just for a busted t/o bearing and very aggravating to boot. and people wonder why I have such a "problem" with anything made in China.... here's proof as to why Made in USA is so much better. 

and my above ground twin post lift got put up in my garage last weekend, so my trailer is now freed up;

(though I did the clutch job the week before by laying on my back beneath the truck  now for the 3rd time, LOL)

so though Bud can't/isnt interested in any sort of delivery  I may be able to work somethin out with a buyer for gas money and munchies for the road, may be able to meet someone-- truck stop, Walmart parking lot etc within ~75-100 miles of here...

anyone that wants pix PM me...

#9 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 08:49 PM

Bud was asking if I'd had any bites on his tractor,  I told him "I haven't checked lately"  Cmon guys BUMP

PM me for pix.

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,608 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:22 PM

I would love to own one, but my wife would absolutely go nuts if I spent anywhere close to what it's worth or drove that far for a tractor.

I hope it finds a nice home.
  • dodge trucker said thank you

#11 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:23 AM

I would love to own one, but my wife would absolutely go nuts if I spent anywhere close to what it's worth or drove that far for a tractor.

I hope it finds a nice home.

yea my wife goes nuts too but usually gets over it

I am gonna TRY and see if I can get a pic up here

miraculously I succeeded in sending a couple to a member here that PMd me and asked for me to Email them, lets see if my luck continues..nope  I hit the image icon... what is a "URL"? It's asking for that... I tried to copy/paste them here and it lets me "copy",  but "paste" is gray when I come back here (so it wont let me) .

I sent them to member "Gary 65"  so if he doesn't take the machine maybe he can relay the pix here?
or if someone else wants to PM me their E mail. I can send them to you that way... and you can post them here if you want

Edited by dodge trucker, July 06, 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#12 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 09:53 PM

count this one sold,  a buddy of the neighbor across the street has $$ down on it...

• MH81 said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sold